The Official Covid-19 Quarantine Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goodlun View Post

I have not vetted the information but I have heard that since this is a lower respiratory disease people that Diaphragmaticbreathe are more at risk when exposed.
    Athletes tend to breathe this way.
    So it is interesting counter point to the only unhealthy people narrative.
    It's also dependent on volume of exposure. Which is why healthcare workers keep keeling over.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost55 View Post

It's also dependent on volume of exposure. Which is why healthcare workers keep keeling over.
      Indeed its why people should stay the fuck home if they can.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post

It's killing off people that are already immunocompromised or in otherwise poor health. That the mortality group tends to overlap largely with boomers is a secondary conversation.
        It's also killing random otherwise healthy people.

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

But it's mostly killing Boomers.....
          20% of deaths are under the age of 60.

Comment

20% of deaths are under the age of 60.
            Sure.....but that means 80% are people that are above....
            80% is certainly the number I am going to focus on when looking at numbers.

Comment

How about we may very soon have a 100% survival rate.
              https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE...ry-data-624058
              Don't rely on theory if your life is at stake.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post

Don't get me wrong I'm happy that it isn't "da Jews" for a change, but just finding it odd.
                I guess now is a bad time to tell you to do a google search for the phrase "Bill Gates is Jewish".

Look, man. I don't know what to tell you. These conspiracy theory websites are all fed by the lowest common denominator of lunatics, idiots and fear mongering charlatans looking for a payday or a laugh at someone else's expense. Racism just happens to go hand in hand with conspiracy theory nonsense.

When the facts get in the way of a conspiracy theory they change the facts.
                "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Tzadok View Post
                  How about we may very soon have a 100% survival rate.
                  https://www.jpost.com/HEALTH-SCIENCE...ry-data-624058
                  Six people is not a very big sample size.
                  "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

It's also killing random otherwise healthy people.
                    We're learning that there are other co-morbidities, such as "breathing while black." Still, the largest percentage of mortalities is occurring in elder patients with pre-existing cardiopulmonary complications. This is because the virus appears to latch on to the red blood cells that would normally be involved in carrying oxygen to organs and extremities.

Body parts need oxygen to survive. If you already have a deficit in this area, COVID is gonna fuck you up the ass with no lube.

Funnily enough, this is why quinine (chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine) are potential treatments - malaria does more or less the same thing as COVID, it prevents red blood cells from carrying oxygen. I don't fully understand the chemistry, but jnp put up a link, earlier, which discusses it in more or less understandable terms. The answer seems to lie not in over-oxygenation (which is the current widespread treatment, why we want all the invasive respirators, which also cause physical distress which is just as likely to kill you), but in the chemistry between the virus itself and its attraction to red blood cells.
                    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post

It's killing off people that are already immunocompromised or in otherwise poor health. That the mortality group tends to overlap largely with boomers is a secondary conversation.
                      Your sarcasm meter needs fixing. My response was to ghost.
                      Carter Hargrave's Jeet Can't Do

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=31636

Comment

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post

Your sarcasm meter needs fixing. My response was to ghost.
                        I know. He's looking for an argument, is on record as coming in here to deliberately troll us old(er) fuckers on the topic.
                        Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

Six people is not a very big sample size.
                          Six people not expected to survive. That is Israel's compassionate use law. They can try experimental treatments on people who will undoubtedly die without it. I'm more familiar with how that works in cancer treatment... essentially when you are in hospice on life support.

With COVID-19 from what I can find it is when you start to crash.

"But now that you've anointed him as truthsayer, you'll be complicit with what happens when the next Jew comes here and is lambasted by an ultrasecular Rabbi" -W.Rabbit/Pship/Emily Dickinson/Earth Dragon/Self Proclaimed Editor Extraordinaire

Comment

I will note though that my zip code does have the highest number of confirmed cases by quite a margin than all the other zip codes in San Diego.
                            That is kind of interesting.

Comment

Interesting. All of the Google Virologist and Constitutional Scholars pointing to Sweden have suddenly fallen silent on my page.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
                                Interesting. All of the Google Virologist and Constitutional Scholars pointing to Sweden have suddenly fallen silent on my page.
                                Mine haven't. Would you like to borrow some?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X