So what stocks to buy because of covid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what stocks to buy because of covid?

Many people are saying to buy lots of stocks now because of the covid-related stock market crash. But which stocks to buy? How to approach the problem? How much money to put into the market? Lots of people on this message board who seem smart, and also ideologically inclined towards capitalism....
    Lone Wolf McQuade Final Fight: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmrDe_mYUXg

Don't buy anything right now. The market is going to keep falling for awhile.

Comment

Agreed, not at bottom, yet. Maybe in a week or so.

Keen things to look at: hospitality and travel. Those are tanking hard, but will rebound. Coworking spaces, like Regus, should be on an upward trend. Big pharma you probably want to short, after the crisis passes, because they are having an artificial stimulus, right now.
      Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Airlines...

special pick just just you guys... planet fatness

Comment

Originally posted by submessenger View Post
          Agreed, not at bottom, yet. Maybe in a week or so.

Keen things to look at: hospitality and travel. Those are tanking hard, but will rebound. Coworking spaces, like Regus, should be on an upward trend. Big pharma you probably want to short, after the crisis passes, because they are having an artificial stimulus, right now.
          The only sure fire way to guarantee that the market has around is if the state of the virus itself turns around. This will happen twice.

Once when it gets warmer but then the numbers will tank again in the fall just in time for the election when the virus comes back on in a vengeance since it is already seeded across the country.

However, the market is likely to bounce numerous times as the government rolls out various bailouts as well. How big those bounces will be depends on where it coincides with the nation's perceived health.

It will also likely dip numerous times as bad news hits the public airwaves. For instance, when the cases start spiking and hospitals start feeling the strain.
          "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Baby care product companies.

With all this quarantine, there is going to be a lot of whoopee.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
              Baby care product companies.

With all this quarantine, there is going to be a lot of whoopee.
              Hygiene products especially.

Comment

I thought you'd find this funny. I, for one, welcome our new blue chip overlords...

Comment

Boeing was down like 73% on the last 6 months earlier today.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

The only sure fire way to guarantee that the market has around is if the state of the virus itself turns around. This will happen twice.

Once when it gets warmer but then the numbers will tank again in the fall just in time for the election when the virus comes back on in a vengeance since it is already seeded across the country.

However, the market is likely to bounce numerous times as the government rolls out various bailouts as well. How big those bounces will be depends on where it coincides with the nation's perceived health.

It will also likely dip numerous times as bad news hits the public airwaves. For instance, when the cases start spiking and hospitals start feeling the strain.
                    People are fickle. You need to have the huevos to see past that, if you're going to invest for long term. Other than that, I agree.

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                    As I said, Boeing has other problems, right now. I wouldn't look to them as a short-to-mid term gain. They are still trying to bribe MAX back into the air, and their PR is shit.
                    Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
                      Yeah but don't count on getting your money back for a while. I don't see a sudden travel boom coming up if you catch my drift.

Comment

What do you guys use to trade with? A broker or a trading app? I’ve been looking at Trading212 which looks good but as a novice I’m wary of where to step in.
                        Ne Obliviscaris

Comment

I have a portfolio manager, I gave up on DIY several years ago, after the 2nd or 3rd etrade breach.

Hot tip - right now, swingset/playground manufacturers and installers are booming.

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

Yeah but don't count on getting your money back for a while. I don't see a sudden travel boom coming up if you catch my drift.
                            They are down to post 9/11 levels about to fall below $100 a share.

If nothing else, watching a business titan like them crash and burn (pun) based on a microscopic organism is something else. They are in a 10-20% per day free fall.

Comment

I think this is a good time to pick a stock for long term investment. I'll keep looking for others.

DIS- Disney.

It has lost almost half of it's value. Yes it's parks are empty, yes not a lot of people are going to go to the movies for a bit but long term this stock is a fucking powerhouse of American entertainment. Disney Cruise probably a suicide trip at this point. Disney can mothball it's parks and be perfectly fucking fine because they have no real competitors.

When the recovery happens it will just go right back up because it has few market alternatives. Short term business won't be great but long term this company figuratively prints their own money. In fact, one day don't be surprised to see the mouse printing it's own money.
                              Last edited by Dung Beatles; 3/19/2020 10:08pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X