Richard Jewell Types

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Richard Jewell Types

In the Richard Jewell thread, I made an allusion to "Richard Jewell types." I thought it might be fun to list the antics of real Richard Jewell types we might have actually known.
    My entry shared Jewell's first name and was known to everyone as "Officer Richard." Per state law and regulations, "commissioned security officers"--those who could legally carry a sidearm while on the job--had to attend commissioned security officer classes and qualify at a firing range; they could only be employed by entities that were licensed to hire commissioned security officers. Officer Richard was employed at an entity licensed for unarmed, non-commissioned security officers only. He took a second job for an entity that was licensed for commissioned security officers and was sent to commissioned security officer classes as a part of his training for work at that entity. Once commissioned for work at the second entity, he strapped on his gun belt and showed up armed at the first entity. Well, he was a commissioned security officer, wasn't he? This was long before open carry was passed in the state, so he could have gotten into big trouble.
    A story that Officer Richard told: While working security at a high-rise office building, he noticed that the lobby elevator always bypassed a certain floor. Curious, he went around to the loading dock in the back of the building and found an elevator there. He pressed the button for the bypassed floor, and it lit up. When he stepped out of the elevator on that floor, he was immediately taken down and found himself staring into the barrels of several AR-15s. He had penetrated an NSA lair! The NSA had to move their operation there to another floor of another building.

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X