No announcement yet.

Mass Shooting in Germany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It’s a complicated issue involving native land rights, traditional vs modern tribe governance and environmental concerns vs economic ones. Like most native issues I don’t pretend to have a solution.

Naturally the party in opposition (the conservatives) are trying to boil it down to a simple “Trudeau is fucking up” issue. They don’t have to deal with it, and many of their supporters just want to see the cops or the army break it up so the trains can move again.

Meanwhile Trudeau and his advisors are trying to balance the interests of wildly conflicting people, while avoiding another shitstorm like Oka was. It’s a good time to be in opposition and a crappy time to be the government.

Comment

Milwaukee shooting not good enough for its own thread?
      "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Originally posted by NeilG View Post
        t’s a good time to be in opposition and a crappy time to be the government.
        I mean that seems to always be true, especially with the way people consume information now, since the government is incapable of satisfying all people.
        People that are not benefiting from their efforts will always have something to point at.
        Heck even people that are benefiting but not to the degree that others are tend to whine a lot.....

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post

I mean that seems to always be true, especially with the way people consume information now, since the government is incapable of satisfying all people.
          People that are not benefiting from their efforts will always have something to point at.
          Heck even people that are benefiting but not to the degree that others are tend to whine a lot.....
          I guess so, but this particular issue has got people really up in arms. You probably don't follow Canadian news, but the short of it is that the government is trying to push through a gas pipeline which goes through a number of properties that various native tribes have rights to. Most of the duly elected governments of those tribes voted for it, however the hereditary chiefs of one of the tribes are opposed. They have organized a series of protests across the country with the support of other tribes, and also a bunch of non-native supporters and it appears some professional protestors. This includes blockading key rail routes which has had a large economic effect on the whole country. The economic damage is already in the tens if not hundreds of millions of dollars, if it continues it will be in the billions. If it stops now the rail shipments are probably backed up for another month or more.

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post
            Milwaukee shooting not good enough for its own thread?
            You have my permission to start one, Lily.

Another case of someone obviously mentally unstable.
            Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
              Satanist Nazi? Was this dude connected with Atomwaffen Division?
              4 of those guys got clipped by the feds from my neck of the woods recently. Mailing terrorist threats, etc.

https://www.bellinghamherald.com/new...240662151.html

One of them was from just a mile or so down the road.
              "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X