Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scotty from Marketing, the Jar Jar Binks of Australian Politics

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Scotty from Marketing, the Jar Jar Binks of Australian Politics

    In case the rest of the world (most likely) missed it, there was a bit of a kerfuffle last year when Israel Folau (then a Australian Rugby Union / Wallabies representative player) made some discriminatory old school Christian/fundamentalist posts on social media. His rugby contract was terminated and a law suit re religious freedoms was played out in the media.

    This is GQ's not so brief timeline of the entire Israel Folau Saga

    Subsequently, our intrepid leader Scotty from Marketing, a devout Christian in only a way a politician can be, decided to introduce a religious freedoms bill into parliament to prevent good christains from being vilified for condemning drunks, homosexuals and sinners in public in the future.

    This was his Jar Jar moment






















    From SMH's article on the matter:

    The bill protects "statements of belief" from being the subject of a complaint under any federal, state or territory anti-discrimination law. The protection extends to statements made in writing or by spoken words that ridicule, humiliate or even intimidate another person.

    Employers will be able to ridicule Christians in the workplace. For example, an atheist boss could put a poster above a Christian worker’s desk saying "Christianity is superstitious nonsense". The boss could also say things like "Christianity is like a mental disorder" to a Christian during a job interview.
    https://www.smh.com.au/national/reli...RCj_Tbh8-mo0Bs

    2018 Male Purple Belt Adult No Gi
    #2 Ranked Competitor - QBJJC

    #2
    It's not for nothing called Oz...
    Falling for Judo since 1980

    "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

    "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

    "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

    Comment


      #3
      Yeah. But then the Satanists got a hold of it and made the subject really interesting.

      https://10daily.com.au/news/australi...ament-20200120
      Last edited by gregaquaman; 2/19/2020 11:14pm, .
      Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
      http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post
        Yeah. But then the Satanists got a hold of it and made the subject really interesting.

        https://10daily.com.au/news/australi...ament-20200120
        They are really good at that!
        Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
        –George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

        Comment


          #5
          DRUNKS???!!!!!

          Fuck that rugby playing twat

          His balls are a funny shape

          Comment


            #6
            Well at least it would give Australians freedom of speech, like basically all speech. Better than the bullshit safe space crap they currently have.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
              Well at least it would give Australians freedom of speech, like basically all speech. Better than the bullshit safe space crap they currently have.
              Not really. Israel felou broke a contract which isnt covered as a freedom of speech issue anywhere.

              Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
              http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

              Comment


                #8
                Christianity IS superstitious nonsense.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post
                  In case the rest of the world (most likely) missed it, there was a bit of a kerfuffle last year when Israel Folau (then a Australian Rugby Union / Wallabies representative player) made some discriminatory old school Christian/fundamentalist posts on social media. His rugby contract was terminated and a law suit re religious freedoms was played out in the media.

                  This is GQ's not so brief timeline of the entire Israel Folau Saga

                  Subsequently, our intrepid leader Scotty from Marketing, a devout Christian in only a way a politician can be, decided to introduce a religious freedoms bill into parliament to prevent good christains from being vilified for condemning drunks, homosexuals and sinners in public in the future.

                  This was his Jar Jar moment






















                  From SMH's article on the matter:



                  https://www.smh.com.au/national/reli...RCj_Tbh8-mo0Bs
                  Seems pretty cut and dry. They told him repeatedly what their views for the brand was. He acknowledged that he understood repeatedly. Then he violated it again in an even more blatant way. They gave them the chance to take down his post, which was actually pretty gracious of them, and he refused. He was fired.

                  I don't see why he would even think he has a good reason to sue.
                  Combatives training log.

                  Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

                  Drum thread

                  Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

                  "Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Diesel_tke View Post

                    Seems pretty cut and dry. They told him repeatedly what their views for the brand was. He acknowledged that he understood repeatedly. Then he violated it again in an even more blatant way. They gave them the chance to take down his post, which was actually pretty gracious of them, and he refused. He was fired.

                    I don't see why he would even think he has a good reason to sue.
                    Because the gays caused the bushfires.

                    I mean I really don't think he is hinged.
                    Whitsunday Martial Arts Airlie Beach North Queensland.
                    http://www.facebook.com/#!/WhitsundayMartialArts

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by gregaquaman View Post

                      Because the gays caused the bushfires.

                      I mean I really don't think he is hinged.
                      Its true. The gays dont like bush.
                      The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Right, so, Rugby AUS tried to suppress his public expression of his personal religious beliefs off of the field, and while he was acting in a personal capacity.

                        And they got spanked in the end and had to apologize.

                        Sounds fair to me.

                        Falling for Judo since 1980

                        "You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

                        "The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

                        "Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

                        Comment

                        Collapse

                        Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                        Working...
                        X