X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Note the blue checkmark.
    Attached Files

Comment

Not the most objective viewpoint, Indya.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post

The only problem Rousey really had in MMA, was her ego. It was epically fragile. If she had just stuck to her bread and butter of pulling arms off she would have remained champion. She was an idiot to try and box against Holm. It was ego. Then when she lost, instead of getting back on the horse she couldn't recover from the ego crash.
        Or she was tired of doing all the work it takes to be one of the best in the world and just wanted to have babies and count her millions.
        she lost her drive and then lost her fight. Its not a coincidence she met her husband and then lost her fight. She only fought Amanda because they backed the brinks truck up to her house.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

She would do well at UFC today? Hmm.

Since it's THIS thread, I'll give up how I really feel.

She's pretty, and she was early, so she was naturally the "pretty woman" of UFC, right until she got her face hammered in.

Royce Gracie suffered a similar fate. He was the pretty boy of early UFC. But then he had to study Muay Thai because FOOM, he got his Brazilian grill rocked.
          Perhaps focusing on grappling one's entire life can be a hindrance to developing superior or even adequate striking skill? I don't know.

Maybe a real expert can chime in.

Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
            She fought as best she was able, given her condition. And whatever I felt about it... Young man, I am a woman of the Gordons. The day I lose my countenance in the face of danger, that is a day you will never live to see.
            ​​​​​​
            ​​​​​​Whatever I felt, I kept it in check, and showed her confidence, love, and support. She has done the same for me. I do it for her now; she has recently been diagnosed with MS. Yes, we're scared. But whatever comes, we will face it together.

Put on your game face.
            Right, put on your game face. Or war face as needed.

People do that regardless of gender/sex/etc.

Whether it's having babies or or supporting your significant other while they do so, or go through anything else exceedingly difficult/painful/bloody, physical and/or emotional/mental.

In the realm of head-to-head, cross-sex/gender sports competition though, an individual's sex/gender can and does matter.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post

Yea, I know 0 olympic gymnasts personally and about 100 girls that injuried out of that sport by 12. Non-outliers need not apply.
              You don't have to be Olympic level to have great spatial awareness due to gymnastics training.

And I agree about the outliers part, certainly on the physical side of it.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post

Sometimes, yes, but currently not as much, as following Judo is kind of a pain. So unless their is an American stand out or a star it doesn't really show up in my grappling feeds.
                Though I did just have a bunch of Judo filter through some of my feeds, oddly enough quite a bit from BJJ Scouts facebook page. More of it recently show up on my YouTube recommendations.
                Truth be told I don't even really follow women's BJJ much, mostly because their is less Sub Only No Gi professional BJJ events and super fights featuring a lot of women.
                Women's judo has been getting more and more physical for quite a while. Europe has huge numbers of people doing Judo, and a well-developed development system.

So more and more ultra-athletic women are showing up. Outliers...

It's possible to have a career in Judo over there, as well, after peak competition time of 3-4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post
                  What has childbirth got to do with this thread? Right, men can’t do it, just like women are outdone on physical attributes by men in general. Be happy in your lane.
                  Just more virtue signalling/white knighting (not by you).

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post

The only problem Rousey really had in MMA, was her ego. It was epically fragile. If she had just stuck to her bread and butter of pulling arms off she would have remained champion. She was an idiot to try and box against Holm. It was ego. Then when she lost, instead of getting back on the horse she couldn't recover from the ego crash.
                    Right, and Ronda never competed versus men in Judo (maybe pre-pubescent, she did, that is allowed). And she is cis female.

So, why are we even talking about Ronda?

I suggest some mod clean this thread up. Including any of my OT posts I let myself get sucked into.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post

Or she was tired of doing all the work it takes to be one of the best in the world and just wanted to have babies and count her millions.
                      she lost her drive and then lost her fight. Its not a coincidence she met her husband and then lost her fight. She only fought Amanda because they backed the brinks truck up to her house.
                      No, say it isn't so !

And you are just jealous because, well,you know, that whole crush thing you have going on.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

No, say it isn't so !

And you are just jealous because, well,you know, that whole crush thing you have going on.
                        I consider it a missed opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                          In the realm of head-to-head, cross-sex/gender sports competition though, an individual's sex/gender can and does matter.
                          Potentially apply, but yes its certainly one of the cases where sex matters despite gender identity.
                          By potentially I mean almost always, but their will be exceptions based on when/stage, at what age, and other factors regarding transition.

​​​​​​ I am sure at some point we will see some athlete try and game the system through gender, the same way we have seen able bodied people compete in disabled sports.

Comment

Originally posted by goodlun View Post

Potentially apply, but yes its certainly one of the cases where sex matters despite gender identity.
                            By potentially I mean almost always, but their will be exceptions based on when/stage, at what age, and other factors regarding transition.

​​​​​​ I am sure at some point we will see some athlete try and game the system through gender, the same way we have seen able bodied people compete in disabled sports.
                            I should modify my previous statement.
                            Gender and sex may matter, as there are other confounding/contributing factors.

Comment

Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
                              She fought as best she was able, given her condition. And whatever I felt about it... Young man, I am a woman of the Gordons. The day I lose my countenance in the face of danger, that is a day you will never live to see.
                              ​​​​​​
                              ​​​​​​Whatever I felt, I kept it in check, and showed her confidence, love, and support. She has done the same for me. I do it for her now; she has recently been diagnosed with MS. Yes, we're scared. But whatever comes, we will face it together.

Put on your game face.
                              That's the spirit.
                              '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Originally posted by Lily View Post
                                What has childbirth got to do with this thread? Right, men can’t do it, just like women are outdone on physical attributes by men in general. Be happy in your lane.
                                Note: Phrost did not delimit with thread in any way. Anything is on the table.

Threads not about physical combat by any measure, and quite frankly in my personal experience women are better survivors than men in today's society.

Maybe it was different on the Neolithic era...
                                Last edited by W. Rabbit; 2/20/2020 5:40pm, .
                                '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X