Gender vs Sex; Nature vs Nurture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by goodlun View Post

No, guilt here, nor did I have a real personal sense of "victory" from my Wife giving birth, but I don't tend to take credit for other peoples accomplishments.
    You you just felt victory upon ejaculation, then? Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post

You follow women's Judo at elite level?

Ronda would do OK if she came along now, for sure in the US and Pan Ams. But get to Europe and Japan and Korea, and Russia, and it's another story.
      I do. Remember waking up in the wee hours to watch 2016?? I know I do.

My point was that Ronda is a great judoka, but a shitty boxer. And I don't say that lightly.

That bode OK for early women's UFC, but not in 2020, because there are more eager fighters in the wings.

Comment

Originally posted by AprilRains View Post
        You? Freaking out and losing your shit? Mirabile dictu!
        Ever watched your dream girl bleeding and shitting all over a table? But keep going???

No, you haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

I do. Remember waking up in the wee hours to watch 2016?? I know I do.

My point was that Ronda is a great judoka, but a shitty boxer. And I don't say that lightly.

That bode OK for early women's UFC, but not in 2020, because there are more eager fighters in the wings.
          Which makes no sense whatsoever, really.

She was not a shitty boxer because of any intrinsic problems with her athleticism, in terms of ABCSS. She was a shitty boxer because she had never boxed before, and apparently had shitty boxing coaching, among other things.

As a judoka, she would be much more physically challenged today, than when she was in her prime as a judoka. Once she got famous as a MMA person, she was out of her prime for top level judo anyway.

As for her at peak athleticism now, she would still do well at UFC stuff, because even though the level is improving in women's MMA, it's not generally at world class elite judo level, even for years ago.

Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Which makes no sense whatsoever, really.

She was not a shitty boxer because of any intrinsic problems with her athleticism, in terms of ABCSS. She was a shitty boxer because she had never boxed before, and apparently had shitty boxing coaching, among other things.

As a judoka, she would be much more physically challenged today, than when she was in her prime as a judoka. Once she got famous as a MMA person, she was out of her prime for top level judo anyway.

As for her at peak athleticism now, she would still do well at UFC stuff, because even though the level is improving in women's MMA, it's not generally at world class elite judo level, even for years ago.
            She would do well at UFC today? Hmm.

Since it's THIS thread, I'll give up how I really feel.

She's pretty, and she was early, so she was naturally the "pretty woman" of UFC, right until she got her face hammered in.

Royce Gracie suffered a similar fate. He was the pretty boy of early UFC. But then he had to study Muay Thai because FOOM, he got his Brazilian grill rocked.

Comment

Ever watched your dream girl bleeding and shitting all over a table? But keep going???

No, you haven't.
              I've seen my best friend do it. I don't see how erotic fixation makes that a lesser thing.

Stop presuming superior experience and knowledge. It doesn't tend to work out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by AprilRains View Post

I've seen my best friend do it. I don't see how erotic fixation makes that a lesser thing.

Stop presuming superior experience and knowledge. It doesn't tend to work out for you.
                Erotic?

This thread just went in a new direction. But I guess that's the natural course, considering the gender/sex dynamic.

You watched your BFF give birth? DO tell, how hard did she fight. Better than any man?

And how much did you like it?

Comment

She fought as best she was able, given her condition. And whatever I felt about it... Young man, I am a woman of the Gordons. The day I lose my countenance in the face of danger, that is a day you will never live to see.
                  ​​​​​​
                  ​​​​​​Whatever I felt, I kept it in check, and showed her confidence, love, and support. She has done the same for me. I do it for her now; she has recently been diagnosed with MS. Yes, we're scared. But whatever comes, we will face it together.

Put on your game face.

Comment

You you just felt victory upon ejaculation, then
                    There you go again being boastful over nothing special
                    Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                    George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

I agree, although gymnastics...
                      Yea, I know 0 olympic gymnasts personally and about 100 girls that injuried out of that sport by 12. Non-outliers need not apply.
                      The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

You follow women's Judo at elite level?
                        Ronda would do OK if she came along now, for sure in the US and Pan Ams. But get to Europe and Japan and Korea, and Russia, and it's another story.
                        Sometimes, yes, but currently not as much, as following Judo is kind of a pain. So unless their is an American stand out or a star it doesn't really show up in my grappling feeds.
                        Though I did just have a bunch of Judo filter through some of my feeds, oddly enough quite a bit from BJJ Scouts facebook page. More of it recently show up on my YouTube recommendations.
                        Truth be told I don't even really follow women's BJJ much, mostly because their is less Sub Only No Gi professional BJJ events and super fights featuring a lot of women.
                        Of the single rapier fight between valiant men, having both skill, he that is the best wrestler, or if neither of them can wrestle, the strongest man most commonly kills the other, or leaves him at his mercy.
                        George Silver, Paradoxes of Defence

Comment

What has childbirth got to do with this thread? Right, men can’t do it, just like women are outdone on physical attributes by men in general. Be happy in your lane.
                          "I'm reluctant to sound like a total fa66ot as well, but my background in sculpture gave me an edge in understanding how we're expected to move thru space." - The Other Other Serge

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                            you're right. There is speed and endurance as well. Men do better in those categories as well. There is not a single track and field or weight lifting event that a man doesn't hold the best time,amount or distance for. These would be the best tests of overall athleticism, no?
                            Love to see the studies to back up that claim... not that i don't trust you

yes, I fucking stated the measured difference between men and women in reaction time.
                            Is 12 ms really that much of an advantage?

Hunting is not fighting for one and two I was referencing humans specifically. Lions and Gorillas also have males that are built to fight.
                            True with Lion's, but the Female do the heavy lifting when it comes to hunting, and pride dynamics/psychology usually prevent females from engaging in combat with males

As for gorillas, their just peace loving vegan hippies so you argument is invalid

Ronda Rousey would likely kick the shit out of you.
                            If she kept her elbows in I'd agree with you

Comment

Originally posted by doofaloofa View Post

Love to see the studies to back up that claim... not that i don't trust you
                              google is your friend.

Is 12 ms really that much of an advantage?
                              would you rather move 12 ms before a punch lands or 12 ms after ?

True with Lion's, but the Female do the heavy lifting when it comes to hunting, and pride dynamics/psychology usually prevent females from engaging in combat with males
                              Lion size
                              Male: 420 lbs
                              Adult
                              Female: 280 lbs
                              Adult
                              Self preservation instinct generally keeps female lions from fighting males.
                              I don't care who does the shopping or cooking in the relationship. It doesn't really matter.

The Caucasian always has stronger strength and when comes to grappling, Caucasians mostly win easily. I do know grappling and if I used it on Asians my size, it works. - Kung Fu dude that got waxed at OneFc try out.

Comment

She would do well at UFC today? Hmm.

Since it's THIS thread, I'll give up how I really feel.

She's pretty, and she was early, so she was naturally the "pretty woman" of UFC, right until she got her face hammered in.

Royce Gracie suffered a similar fate. He was the pretty boy of early UFC. But then he had to study Muay Thai because FOOM, he got his Brazilian grill rocked.
                                The only problem Rousey really had in MMA, was her ego. It was epically fragile. If she had just stuck to her bread and butter of pulling arms off she would have remained champion. She was an idiot to try and box against Holm. It was ego. Then when she lost, instead of getting back on the horse she couldn't recover from the ego crash.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X