Gender vs Sex; Nature vs Nurture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

LOL, says a man who's never pushed a 9 lb baby out of any hole.

Your idea of "fight" is primitive and naive, that's all.
    Youre an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by doofaloofa View Post

Strength is not the only variable though
      you're right. There is speed and endurance as well. Men do better in those categories as well. There is not a single track and field or weight lifting event that a man doesn't hold the best time,amount or distance for. These would be the best tests of overall athleticism, no?

Is there any evidence to show males have better co-ordination or reflexes than females, or that males are more able to absorb technique
      yes, I fucking stated the measured difference between men and women in reaction time.

In nature female predatory pack animals are often better at hunting than males
      Hunting is not fighting for one and two I was referencing humans specifically. Lions and Gorillas also have males that are built to fight.

Ronda Rousey would likely kick the shit out of you. She's a strong talented woman and cute to boot. Its not that women can't ever beat men. Its that men have genetic advantages in physicality over women. There can be outliers on either side but that doesn't change the average results.
      Ronda would get bodied in the Olympic 70 Kilo mens division. In the Womens division she's one of the best ever as indicated by her Olympic medal and other titles.

Comment

Originally posted by doofaloofa View Post

Strength is not the only variable though

Is there any evidence to show males have better co-ordination or reflexes than females, or that males are more able to absorb technique

In nature female predatory pack animals are often better at hunting than males
        You can look at surfing for example. They have separate divisions for women and men. The strength of men in a surfing competition does not set them apart from others. Their athleticism, coordination, and ability to move their body in space is what sets them apart. Generally, whenever a woman has entered into competition against men, they don't even get out of the preliminary heats. Of course you have examples like Carissa Moore, but there are not many.

So what sports do women compete against men successfully? There are a few like: Badminton, tennis, luge, Ice skating, Nascar, dirt bike racing, horse racing, sailing, and darts. The first of those, they compete together coed. But the last few of those are sports where mechanical devices can make up for some athletic inferiorities. Or horsepower.
        Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post

Youre an idiot.
          Said the mansplainer. Have you never watched a woman give birth up close, tough guy?

That kind of fight puts everything you ever accomplished on the mats to shame, boy. ​​
          '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Said the mansplainer. Have you never watched a woman give birth up close, tough guy?

Puts everything you ever accomplished on the mats to shame, boy. ​​
            Its just 1 more way I have made women scream and sweat.

Comment

So ABCS.
              Agility
              Balance
              Coordination
              Speed

Then strength, which for some reason is not in that acronym.

Agility: Crossover is broad (not pun), but structural differences favor men overall
              Balance: This one is a wash, I think.
              Coordination: Again, a wash
              Speed: Overlap, Definitely goes to the male half
              Strength: Overlap, but goes to male half, especially pound for pound.

You have to consider that strength and speed and agility are also a function of coordination, as well.

Raycetpfl
              Ronda would get bodied in today's women's divisions, more or less. The level of physical development is over the top.

Falling for Judo since 1980

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

LOL, but you were there for support, at least.

"You are wrong. Why? Because you move like a pregnant yak and talk like a spazzing 'I train UFC' noob." -DCS

"The best part of getting you worked up is your backpack full of irony and lies." -It Is Fake

"Banning BKR is like kicking a Quokka. It's foolishness of the first order." - Raycetpfl

Comment

Felt like victory, right? Then comes the guilt because when it's over you realize they did all the work, and you were freaking the fuck out. At least I was.

Nothing ever stole my thunder like watching that twice. Wife recently asked me if I wanted a third (she's 42). I could not say yes. She's the better fighter, imo. I just watch and take lessons.
                  ​​​
                  '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                    So ABCS.
                    Agility
                    Balance
                    Coordination
                    Speed

Agility: Crossover is broad (not pun), but structural differences favor men overall

You have to consider that strength and speed and agility are also a function of coordination, as well.

Raycetpfl
                    Ronda would get bodied in today's women's divisions, more or less. The level of physical development is over the top.
                    Ronda is actually a good case study. I feel like the women's div basically out-evolved her in a way. She was a sort of prototype, now replaced by literal female cyborgs.

Comment

Felt like victory, right? Then comes the guilt
                      ​​​
                      No, guilt here, nor did I have a real personal sense of "victory" from my Wife giving birth, but I don't tend to take credit for other peoples accomplishments.

Comment

Felt like victory, right? Then comes the guilt because when it's over you realize they did all the work, and you were freaking the fuck out. At least I was.
                        ​​​
                        You? Freaking out and losing your shit? Mirabile dictu!

Comment

Originally posted by BKR View Post
                          So ABCS.
                          Agility
                          Balance
                          Coordination
                          Speed

Raycetpfl
                          Men have better spacial orientation as well. That's quite helpful in most sports.

Comment

Nothing ever stole my thunder like watching that twice. Wife recently asked me if I wanted a third (she's 42). I could not say yes. She's the better fighter, imo. I just watch and take lessons.
                            ​​​
                            I didn't freak out. In fact, I had to tell all the fancy pants medical people standing around she was going into shock due to blood loss.

Comment

Ronda is actually a good case study. I feel like the women's div basically out-evolved her in a way. She was a sort of prototype, now replaced by literal female cyborgs.
                              You follow women's Judo at elite level?

Ronda would do OK if she came along now, for sure in the US and Pan Ams. But get to Europe and Japan and Korea, and Russia, and it's another story.

Comment

Men have better spacial orientation as well. That's quite helpful in most sports.
                                I agree, although gymnastics...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X