Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Look at what happened in Arizona.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vaquero de las nalgas
    replied
    Fortunately this and similar legislation did not gain much ground. What is concerning, is the governor talking about red flag procedures for gun owners.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Originally posted by BKR View Post

Ah, model 62 is pump action.

Semi auto tube mag .22 is illegal in PA ?

Low grain? 40 he.

Subsonic ammo...

Head shots at close range?

If somebody does that the lethalit isn't going to matter.

To the banners...
    Your semi-intelligible post meets Armory standards, for sure.

"was" not "is". This was during the Reagan Era, before the 90's and their grunge music.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by It is Fake View Post

I went through the Virginia massacre page on wiki and most of their mass shootings were exclusively handguns. Yet, people want to say it isn’t fear mongering to ban semi auto rifles.
    Ffirst they came for the scared long arms...

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

Ah, my old (and totally illegal by PA standards but not MI, dammit) semi auto tubular .22. The perfect varmint hunter-killer.

Not too great for mass killings, I'm guessing. Low grain and all. But it held somewhere around 20 rounds.

Making a woodchuck scramble, most definitely effective, which is when your dog finishes the job, as I'm sure you know.
    Ah, model 62 is pump action.

Semi auto tube mag .22 is illegal in PA ?

Low grain? 40 he.

Subsonic ammo...

Head shots at close range?

If somebody does that the lethalit isn't going to matter.

To the banners...

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Then somebody goes into a school with a model 62 Winchester and some speed loaders, and it's OMG MUST BAN tubular mag .22 rifles.
    Ah, my old (and totally illegal by PA standards but not MI, dammit) semi auto tubular .22. The perfect varmint hunter-killer.

Not too great for mass killings, I'm guessing. Low grain and all. But it held somewhere around 20 rounds.

Making a woodchuck scramble, most definitely effective, which is when your dog finishes the job, as I'm sure you know.

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied

Incremental change is where it is at.

Hey, it's 10 rounds, that is plenty.

Then somebody goes into a school with a model 62 Winchester and some speed loaders, and it's OMG MUST BAN tubular mag .22 rifles.

Or someone does same with an off the shelf 870 or 1100...loaded with slugs and buckshot.

Or my favorite, a Marlin or Winchester...
    I went through the Virginia massacre page on wiki and most of their mass shootings were exclusively handguns. Yet, people want to say it isn’t fear mongering to ban semi auto rifles.

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    I am taking a wait and see attitude. This type of bill throws in everything to make small changes. You use the fear minger argument and then get magazines reduced or partial registration.
    Incremental change is where it is at.

Hey, it's 10 rounds, that is plenty.

Or someone does same with an off the shelf 870 or 1100...loaded with slugs and buckshot.

Or my favorite, a Marlin or Winchester...

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    replied
    Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post
    Just like in Virginia, this will get crushed down into some sort of measure that doesn't come close to forcefully collecting my father's weapons.

The day it does, I'll quit Bullshido.net forever, and go hide in the shelter with them him.
    I am taking a wait and see attitude. This type of bill throws in everything to make small changes. You use the fear monger argument and then get magazines reduced or partial registration.
    Last edited by It is Fake; 2/14/2020 6:35pm, .

Leave a comment:

• BKR
    replied
    and it is a nasty thing.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/bi...acity-magazine

This Bill is ridiculous and is an example of why some gun owners go right to the “gun grabber” and “ban” arguments when people say “we don’t want to take or ban your guns.”
    https://legiscan.com/AZ/text/SB1625/id/2119093

They also want you to register it AND be liable for anything that happens if it is stolen.
    Only their cherry picked people can own one, but it still must be registered.

That’s why I laugh at everyone who says “but why worry about a ban or control.” This is why people push back so hard.
    Annual fees, more background checks, a permanent registered list, limited use, specific storage which doesn’t include your locked car, glove compartment or trunk.
    Then DPS gets to apply secondary rules.

Sneaky as hell too check this section out:
    Wow, they are going for the gold with that one.

Leave a comment:

• Diesel_tke
    replied
    Exactly right. This type of this makes the fear-mongers no longer fear-mongers and gives them legitimacy to their argument.

Leave a comment:

• W. Rabbit
    replied
    Just like in Virginia, this will get crushed down into some sort of measure that doesn't come close to forcefully collecting my father's weapons.

The day it does, I'll quit Bullshido.net forever, and go hide in the shelter with them him.

Leave a comment:

• It is Fake
    started a topic Look at what happened in Arizona.........

Look at what happened in Arizona.........

and it is a nasty thing.

https://www.fox10phoenix.com/news/bi...acity-magazine

This Bill is ridiculous and is an example of why some gun owners go right to the “gun grabber” and “ban” arguments when people say “we don’t want to take or ban your guns.”
    https://legiscan.com/AZ/text/SB1625/id/2119093

They also want you to register it AND be liable for anything that happens if it is stolen.
    Only their cherry picked people can own one, but it still must be registered.

That’s why I laugh at everyone who says “but why worry about a ban or control.” This is why people push back so hard.
    Annual fees, more background checks, a permanent registered list, limited use, specific storage which doesn’t include your locked car, glove compartment or trunk.
    Then DPS gets to apply secondary rules.

Sneaky as hell too check this section out:

2. OF A CLASS 5 FELONY FOR A SECOND OR SUBSEQUENT VIOLATION THAT INVOLVES ONLY THE POSSESSION OF AN ASSAULT WEAPON OR LARGE CAPACITY MAGAZINE AND, NOTWITHSTANDING SECTION 13‑801, THE PERSON SHALL PAY A FINE OF AT LEAST $2,500.
    3. OF A CLASS 4 FELONY FOR ANY OTHER VIOLATION OF THIS SECTION AND, NOTWITHSTANDING SECTION 13‑801, THE PERSON SHALL PAY A FINE OF AT LEAST $5,000.
    K. FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION:
    1. "ASSAULT WEAPON":
    (a) MEANS A SEMIAUTOMATIC RIFLE THAT HAS THE CAPACITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE.
    (b) MEANS A SEMIAUTOMATIC PISTOL OR ANY SEMIAUTOMATIC CENTERFIRE RIFLE WITH A FIXED MAGAZINE THAT HAS THE CAPACITY TO ACCEPT MORE THAN TEN ROUNDS OF AMMUNITION.
    (c) MEANS A SEMIAUTOMATIC PISTOL THAT HAS THE CAPACITY TO ACCEPT A DETACHABLE MAGAZINE AND THAT HAS AT LEAST ONE OF THE FOLLOWING CHARACTERISTICS:
    Last edited by It is Fake; 2/13/2020 6:18pm, .

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X