Repair list in no particular order
    -exhaust
    -heater
    -choke
    -defrost
    -dome light
    -weather strips/seals
    -carpet
    -horn (fell off the steering wheel when I touched it)
    -stereo wiring ( the wiring/amp is confirmed good but the speaker cones are rotted out which I why I can't hear them)
    -New speakers
    -speedometer
    -voltmeter
    -gas gauge
    -temperature gauge
    -touch up on paint (paint was already in dire need but someone decided to key my fucking car through the car cover anyway. Can you believe that shit? I figure I know which neighborhood shit-head it was but...)
    -Install camera in driveway
    -paint on cabin ceiling
    -Secure the shifter housing (for now)
    -POR 15 on or inside every structural component I can reach
    -Interior triage emergency. Car officially a biohazard. Found dead rat(s), rats nest under seats.

Needed parts

-seatbelts (there are none)
    -headliner
    -sound proofing/insulation in all body panels I can reach
    -firewall
    -car alarm/low jack
    -door panel covers
    -door window seals
    -weather seals for both doors, hood, trunk
    -antenna
    -302 motor
    -5 spd manual transmission
    -gas cap
    -front disc
    -rear disc
    -dome light cover
    -ABS*
    -racing seats because wife might drive it.
    -steering wheel
    -better tires
    -5 lug rims (No longer necessary)
    -Boost apparatus

Completed repairs:
    Bearings, tie rods, bushings, alignment, tail lights, blinker mechanism repaired, temperature gauge, oil gauge.

Total spent so far on repairs: $376 dollars

Parts purchased/stolen/fabricated:
    carpets
    bearings
    bushings
    tie rods
    weather seals
    EVA insulation

Suggestion needed: Trouble finding headliner bows for a 1961 Ford Falcon, uses the same headliner bows as a 1961 mercury comet.

Looking all over but coming up dry. Don't necessarily want to use the universal kit.
    Last edited by Dung Beatles; 2/20/2020 12:05am, .
    "Pave the way for the little guy, Caligula!" Harry Solomon, September 28, 1999

By 302 do you mean the coyote block?? May I suggest the 6 speed instead of the 5, the stock 5 speeds run high rpms for 65 mph on the highway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bneterasedmynam View Post
      By 302 do you mean the coyote block?? May I suggest the 6 speed instead of the 5, the stock 5 speeds run high rpms for 65 mph on the highway.
      Sounds good to me but I wasn't going to use a stock 5 speed, I was going to buy a new tremec.

Edit: No, I do not mean the modern coyote motor they made for the 2010 mustangs. That's not my idea of a good time.
      Last edited by Dung Beatles; 2/13/2020 1:46pm, .

Comment

I expect more pics and video.
        '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

My Glossary: https://www.bullshido.net/forums/sho...d.php?t=129294

Comment

Originally posted by Dung Beatles View Post

Sounds good to me but I wasn't going to use a stock 5 speed, I was going to buy a new tremec.

Edit: No, I do not mean the modern coyote motor they made for the 2010 mustangs. That's not my idea of a good time.
          So then classic 302?? You'll have to stack a lot on it to pull significant HP. Personally I like the 429, but I'm not sure that would fit in a falcon.

Comment

I do not mean the modern coyote motor they made for the 2010 mustangs. That's not my idea of a good time.
            Just curious as to why, because I think it's a really, really good time.
            '�I am no advocate of passivity,� Coffin Mott said in an 1860 speech. �Quakerism, as I understand it, does not mean quietism. The early Friends were agitators; disturbers of the peace; and were more obnoxious in their day to charges, which are now so freely made, than we are.�'

Comment

So then classic 302?? You'll have to stack a lot on it to pull significant HP. Personally I like the 429, but I'm not sure that would fit in a falcon.
              The car only weighs a little over 2,200 lbs stock and got like 30 MPG with 80HP.

A 90's fox body mustang 302 will be plenty of horses.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

Just curious as to why, because I think it's a really, really good time.
                For the same reason I didn't buy a new mustang. Totally misses the point.

Comment

Personally I like the 429, but I'm not sure that would fit in a falcon.
                  Don't see why it wouldn't, Ford sold a Falcon with one in the 70's.

Comment

Originally posted by W. Rabbit View Post

Don't see why it wouldn't, Ford sold a Falcon with one in the 70's.
                    The 429 barely fit in the mustang that was built around it, a falcon would be a tight fit.

Comment

For the same reason I didn't buy a new mustang. Totally misses the point.
                      Not sure I understand this, I can't speak for the brand new ones, but my 2012 mustang isn't far off a classic late 60's mustang in feel, minus the crappy suspension and poor handling in the turns. I love the coyote 302 engine it sounds great and has a fuck ton of power.

Comment

The 429 barely fit in the mustang that was built around it, a falcon would be a tight fit.
                        Brain fart on my part, Dung has an early G1, which has a chassis about 7 inches narrower than the G3+ 1970 Falcon 429.

Comment

Not sure I understand this, I can't speak for the brand new ones, but my 2012 mustang isn't far off a classic late 60's mustang in feel, minus the crappy suspension and poor handling in the turns. I love the coyote 302 engine it sounds great and has a fuck ton of power.
                          The idea is to make it look and feel like something any guy can build in his garage using off the rack parts and, because I'm cheap and see this as an investment, I don't want to spend more than $1500 on the motor including installation.

Collectors generally don't care and prefer older to newer as long as it's in good shape.

Comment

You can make a 351W fit with a mallet and a little time.

Comment

Needed parts

-seatbelts (there are none)
                              -front disk breaks
                              -rear disk breaks
                              -racing seats because wife might drive it.
                              -steering wheel
                              LOL. I won't tell her if you won't.
                              Consider for a moment that there is no meme about brown-haired, brown-eyed step children.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X