note to self....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

note to self....

attacker comes after you--swinging his arm to punch you in the face. With the Offensive Mind-Set, you go after him to take him out. Because you wasted no time being afraid, or worrying about possible outcomes, or defensively putting your hands up in front of your face, you have maintained a first-strike option. So you step in and strike his arm in the radial nerve, a specific target that cripples his arm and takes his balance. And because you knew to strike with your pinkie-side forearm--your ulna bone, 'nature's lead pipe'--and drop your weight into it, the attacker's arm goes dead. He executes an autokinematic reflex reaction in response to the strike--he cries out and bends over toward his injured arm. You knew he would do this, so you bring your knee up into his ribs, breaking them and knocking the wind out of him, as he bends over. He reacts again, hopping backward and bending further over his broken ribs, reaching for them with his good arm, and looking down at them. You knew he would do this, too. You step in as he reacts (dropping his head down) and hammer him to the back of his exposed neck with your forearm, dropping him face-down to the ground, dazed. You knew that would happen, setting him up for your kick to the kidney to roll him over onto his back. Again he reacts, rolling over and starting to curl-up fetal on the ground. But before he can (because you knew he would), you stomp to his collar-bone, snapping it like wet kindling. You know there's no way he can get up and come after you--and you've just saved your life...in 3 to 5 seconds flat."

reminding myself to tear this shit up.

peace.

" a cow doesnt whinny, and a horse has no udder, back is to the sides, and sideways is straight ahead"

SCARS is for l0sers!

~
    danny

"All this talk about 'newbies' is making me a little nervous. You guys don't have any sort of secret hazing initiation involving wooden paddles and me screaming 'Thank you sir, may I have another?!' do you?"

Comment

In theory, a great idea. Chances of it always working how its supposed to, close to nil.
      C'est la Vie.
      Taking responsibility for my actions since 1989

Comment

Wow, these Scientific Fighting guys sure are smart.
        Too bad there's almost no science involved. Come to think of it, there's no fighting involved, either.

Comment

Sounds like someone's going to prison... and hint hint, it's not the same guy that's going to the hospital.

--A poor band player I was, but now I am crocodile king. --
          Click To Get My Free Training Newsletter... Do It NOW!

"You all just got fucking owned.";
          "TaeBo_Master and GajusCaesar just scored 10,000,000 points on all you pawns."

- The Wastrel

Comment

Is that from a movie script?
            Brendayan
            Fury's Edge
            Morell-Thule

Comment

Damn! If you hadn't used the word 'autokinematic', I might not have realized it was a satire on SARS.

BAH ! Puny Humans !
              Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Comment

oops, I mean SCARS, they're so easy to confuse you know.

BAH ! Puny Humans !
                Fighting evil and upholding justice in blue silk pajamas baby!
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=UGaYD_wcaIg

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6Uepo9ahg-M

Bah!!! Puny Humans.

Comment

lol

"snapping it like wet kindling. "

come on! you mean DRY kindling

--
                  Hard work, Patience, Dedication.
                  Surfing Facebook at work? Spread the good word by adding us on Facebook today! https://www.facebook.com/Bullshido

https://www.instagram.com/bullshido/

Comment

"attacker comes after you--swinging his arm to punch you in the face. With the Offensive Mind-Set, you go after him to take him out. Because you wasted no time being afraid, or worrying about possible outcomes, or defensively putting your hands up in front of your face, you have maintained a first-strike option. So you step in and strike his arm in the radial nerve, a specific target that cripples his arm and takes his balance. And because you knew to strike with your pinkie-side forearm--your ulna bone, 'nature's lead pipe'--and drop your weight into it, the attacker's arm goes dead. He executes an autokinematic reflex reaction in response to the strike--he cries out and bends over toward his injured arm. You knew he would do this, so you bring your knee up into his ribs, breaking them and knocking the wind out of him, as he bends over."

gunting or limb destruction is not the most favorable option for dealing with an attack. crippling the arm with a point strike on a moving target is easier said than done.

no distinction is made here about positioning relative the centerline.

if you were in the interior position(inside the elbow), the 'autokinematic' radial bone strike is liable to cause him to 'pitch' a left hand strike into your head. what is the method of centerline defense/live hand consideration? does SCARS advocate stepping in his forward moving centerline while gunting? strange indeed. ever hear of a tackle?

from the outside position it becomes more feasible. except now that his elbow will drop the cover his ribcage, as a result of the 'autokinematic' strike response. more than likely blocking the knee strike.

it is possible to get the arm-drop/knee combo, but the weaknesses above are not even mentioned, much less addressed.

the expectation of a violent kinematic response due to the 'lead pipe' strike is overly optimistic. you would get ploughed by his other hand or a centerline rush. just as you are lifting your knee in a crane stance. great strategy. what if he had a weapon in his other hand?

first solution(with gunting)-the gunt change/folds to an elbow to the throat. this will drive him back, stopping his forward drive. oh, and it is probably finished at that point.(pressure point/leverage induced kinematic response with kinetic bounce interception to combine momentums). from longer range use gunt to the wrist and backfist, with a coverage arc that include any possible prioreception from his left side. a timely strike to the face will tend to

second solution- if you have the timing,distance,angling, and accuracy to gunt the radial nerve, why dont you just use an interceptive strike to his head or neck? controlling the spine is the core issue. why waste time?

btw, what is the other hand doing while you are 'lead piping' his arm and doing knee lifts?

horrible overlap. broken time frame, AND inefficiency. no sticking controls.

quite sad for such hardcore material.

this is my new hobby.

far from done.

peace.

" a cow doesnt whinny, and a horse has no udder, back is to the sides, and sideways is straight ahead"

Comment

Herewegoagain...

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - for ever."
                      Normally, I'd say I was grappling, but I was taking down and mounting people, and JFS has kindly informed us that takedowns and being mounted are neither grappling nor anti grappling, so I'm not sure what the fuck I was doing. Maybe schroedinger's sparring, where it's neither grappling nor anti-grappling until somoene observes it and collapses the waveform, and then I RNC a cat to death.----fatherdog

Comment

Kuntao - this seems like a rather odd hobby - writing parody and then tearing it apart for technical deficiencies. It is a bit like critiquing the Montey Python skit where they defend against fresh fruit.

Wouldn't it make more sense to tear apart some actual SCARS material - either written or a video clip - rather than your parody of what you think they do ? If you did quote material, you should have indicated where it was from.

Also, your initial post, and your subsequent criticism of it, are adequately ambiguous so that it is difficult to follow wtf you are talking about.

SD

Comment

SD, get a sense of humor.

You know it is a parody yet you want him to write a critique????

"My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that I am right."
                          Ashleigh Brilliant

Comment

How can you critique a system that is guaranteed to turn little old grannies into killing machines? I guess NONE of you understand the SCARed or appreciate the Peterson principle of hermeneutics in regards to martial arts.

Comment

FMW, I'm not certain whether you were joking or not. Guaranteed to turn little old grannies into killing machines, huh? Please. I don't care what you think about the martial arts, no matter what principle you use, the frailties of the aged body, weakened bones, possibly lessened reflex times, more-easily-torn ligaments, no style will 'turn little old grannies into killing machines' unless all those problems are corrected and at least some degree of strength returns. If a little old granny on SCARS tries to kill me, a vibrant 15 year old with moderate martial training in good physical condition, I wouldn't put odds on the granny.

I will not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. I will face my fear and permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone, I will turn my inner eye on its passing, and where it has gone, only I will remain.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X