Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aquaman Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvmB8uCSRMQ

Awful, just simply awful. They took one of the most boring heroes and turned him into a WB series. Why? WHY?

What exactly is supposed to happen in this? I mean as far as I can tell a plane crashes 20 years ago and a kid swims fast underwater, is that it?

Comment

My ability to talk to fish is compeletly useless right now!

Comment

didn't the writers at DC have to give aqua man super strength, when he's out of water, long hair and a hook to make him less boring? I only ask because didn't he originally only have powers under water?

Anyway this looks pretty stupid.

Comment

No....Just, no.....

Comment

So....fucking...gay.

Why do Aquaman who has never been able to support a comic when you could do a young batman series?
            And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST ON A STICK!!!!!!!!!!! I'm laughing so hard right now I'm fucking crying.

Aquaman!! AQUAMAN!!!!!! growing up we would joke how Aquaman is the super-hero that the other super-heros hated...like that Dane Cook joke about the one friend that you and your other friends keep around just to rag on. Superman has a party and sends out the invites to everyone BUT Aquaman, but Aquaman shows up anyway with his sealion side kick that screetches, claps, and waddles around knocking Superman's shit over. No one but aquaman knows what the fuck the sealiion is saying. The rest of 'em want to kill the sealion and throw aquaman over the balcony by the end of the night.

Batman - "Hey Supe...sweet party, damn Storm looks fine tonight!"

Superman - "Thanks man, yeah glad some the X team was in..............(sigh) oh fuck me runnin........"

Batman - "What?"

Superman - "Don't look, DON'T LOOK!!!"

Batman - "WHAT MAN?"

Superman - "It's fucking fish boy..."

Batman - "oh shi....Hey!!! what's up Aqua? didn't think you could make it...."

Aquaman - "yeah my invite must have got lost in the ocean..it is a BIG place ya know!!! (winking and nudging Superman as if he just told a great zinger) this is my bud Jazzy, say hi Jazzy."

Jazzy - "ARH ARHG ARHg ARHg ARHG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by GoldenJonas
                JESUS TAP DANCING CHRIST ON A STICK!!!!!!!!!!! I'm laughing so hard right now I'm fucking crying.

Aquaman!! AQUAMAN!!!!!! growing up we would joke how Aquaman is the super-hero that the other super-heros hated...like that Dane Cook joke about the one friend that you and your other friends keep around just to rag on. Superman has a party and sends out the invites to everyone BUT Aquaman, but Aquaman shows up anyway with his sealion side kick that screetches, claps, and waddles around knocking Superman's shit over. No one but aquaman knows what the fuck the sealiion is saying. The rest of 'em want to kill the sealion and throw aquaman over the balcony by the end of the night.

Batman - "Hey Supe...sweet party, damn Storm looks fine tonight!"

Superman - "Thanks man, yeah glad some the X team was in..............(sigh) oh fuck me runnin........"

Batman - "What?"

Superman - "Don't look, DON'T LOOK!!!"

Batman - "WHAT MAN?"

Superman - "It's fucking fish boy..."

Batman - "oh shi....Hey!!! what's up Aqua? didn't think you could make it...."

Aquaman - "yeah my invite must have got lost in the ocean..it is a BIG place ya know!!! (winking and nudging Superman as if he just told a great zinger) this is my bud Jazzy, say hi Jazzy."

Jazzy - "ARH ARHG ARHg ARHg ARHG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
                Would've been funnier if the X-men were actually in the DC continuim.

I think it might be good, I'll give it a shot. Anything's got to be better than the Superman movie and the raping of Smallville.

Comment

Blame Smallville.

I wonder how much this show costs them. Underwater stuff is expensive and from the look of that trailer they're not sparing much expense.

I'll give it a watch, but Aquaman doesn't exactly pique my interest.

Note: WB had plans for a show about the young Bruce Wayne, but their movie division axed it as they were always planning on developing another movie franchise. The plan was actually to have this show started around 2000 and have it play the same night as Buffy, casting was under way and everything. Now that Batman Begins is an apparently strong movvie franchise to work off of it doesn't look the WB movie division will allow the TV division to ever blow the dust off the scripts and concepts they've got.

People have been clammoring since the first season for a Bruce Wayne appearance on Smallville, but as with his own show, the movie division won't allow Bruce to put in an appearance.
                  Last edited by Stick; 7/20/2006 9:20am, .

Comment

Oh great the _ing _ung of DC heroes has come to TV...

Comment

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ohoJoe5DDQ[/MEDIA]
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ohoJoe5DDQ
                      I remember Cartoon Network used to play this short cartoon of Aqua Man dancing to techno in diffrent places.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGF2OEhTO24[/MEDIA]
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGF2OEhTO24
                      Heres Real World Metropolis.
                      Last edited by Method2Madness; 7/20/2006 9:30am, .

Comment

Originally posted by Method2Madness
                        didn't the writers at DC have to give aqua man super strength, when he's out of water, long hair and a hook to make him less boring? I only ask because didn't he originally only have powers under water?

Anyway this looks pretty stupid.

The Aquaman character could originally breath underwater (or at least stay down for quite a while), swim superfast, and had super strength. Back then he was known as the Sub-Mariner and his primary occupation was tearing apart German U-Boats with his bare hands.

He didn't turn into Dr. Dolittle until later, AFAIK. He's been re-imagined a few times to make him more exciting, but in all honesty he's always come across as a sort of hokey, magical fantasy make-believe character to me, even in the comic universe.

If I were to make an Aquaman movie, I'd definitely make it a Sub-Mariner movie, set it during WWII.

Period piece FTW.

Comment

the sub-mariner?

You mean namor?

Comment

Bah, I don't think it looks so bad. There's some potential for a decent show. I'm not sure how they think they'll string it a long, but I'll probably watch it a couple times to see how it fares.

Besides, if it's WB, that means plenty of young WB hotties in bikinis -- all the time. That may be worth the price of admission...

-dagorilla

PS: Sub Mariner/Namor =\= Aquaman

Comment

Originally posted by theraydiator
                              The Aquaman character could originally breath underwater (or at least stay down for quite a while), swim superfast, and had super strength. Back then he was known as the Sub-Mariner and his primary occupation was tearing apart German U-Boats with his bare hands.

He didn't turn into Dr. Dolittle until later, AFAIK. He's been re-imagined a few times to make him more exciting, but in all honesty he's always come across as a sort of hokey, magical fantasy make-believe character to me, even in the comic universe.

If I were to make an Aquaman movie, I'd definitely make it a Sub-Mariner movie, set it during WWII.

Period piece FTW.
                              I was going by the old cartoons they show on the "Boomerang" Network.

I thought that Namor was "The Sub-Mariner".

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X