World Cup 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

World Cup 2006

Anyone watching it? I'm not a huge fan of Soccer but I'm supporting Poland despite their shaky start, as I've a few Polish friends. Also because Ireland didn't qualify. Jobbers.

*Football, not soccer goddamnit!

I predict Brazil will win this year (yet again), with Portugal and Argentina following.

Oh and lol, USA just got raped 3-0 by the Czechs.

Comment

Portugal OWNZORZ.

Seriously though, Brazil is probably gonna win, we had our first game against Angola, we won by 1-0

A bad result, and a bad game, they better start playing seriously from now on.

Oh and lol, USA just got raped 3-0 by the Czechs.
      *points and laughs at America*
      Last edited by Lucky Seven; 6/12/2006 4:33pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Seven
        Portugal OWNZORZ.

Seriously though, Brazil is probably gonna win, we had our first game against Angola, we won by 1-0

A bad result, and a bad game, they better start playing seriously from now on.

*points and laughs at America*

You've said it! Portugal won but looked shaky all the way!:qswim:

Comment

Oh, so you're following Poland.

How are they doing so far?

Comment

--
            L.

Comment

Japan got owned by the Socceroos (Aussies) 3 to 1. I think Japan deserve that lost, they score an early hatrick and got complacent, or maybe it was the scorching heat... I don't know.

GMW

Comment

I am rooting for the Czech Republic and for Brazil. Because I am 1/8th Czech and I love Brazil. Cause... like duh look at my style. ^_^.

Comment

I'm supporting Scotland.

Unfortunately, this year, that limits me to Jason Scotland of Trinidad and Tobago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gh5Or...elated&search=

Comment

Go germany.
                    www.dragonmma.ca

http://www.realselfdefensecenter.com/

http://z11.invisionfree.com/The_Phat...543abc&act=idx

Because i think he's funny.

Comment

Quoted for truth.

The German-Costa Rica game was an amazing display of technical soccer playing. It was everything that the US wasn't.

I was rooting for the US, but they have been way over-hyped. Football (soccer) fans have been hearing about this for months now; that this is the best US team ever.

Then we saw yesterday's debacle.

WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT?!?

If you're going to have the balls enough to say you're the best US team ever, then you have to live up to that claim. That was absolutely horrible playing, no team work, no communication. Half of the passes went directly to the Czech team, not even getting intercepted.

I wasn't able to see the Korea vs. Togo game this morning, but Korea won. DAE HAN MIN GOOK!

The France vs. Switzerland game was an exercise in defense. I was impressed by both teams defenders, particularly France (how it pains me to say that).

By far the highlight thus far has been the Australia-Japan game. Japan's lead for 84 minutes of the game seemed assured, especially given that Australia has never scored in a World Cup match, much less won a game. The amazing come back that the Ozzies made in the last 10 minutes of the game to defeat Japan was football...nay...sports history in the making, and I am proud to have seen it. I wish the Ozzies luck against Brazil in their next match.

But yeah...

DEUTSCHLAND UBER ALLES!!!

Comment

I going to live in Bizarro World and pray that USA beats Italy. USA gotten better, we really have. PLEASE BELIEVE ME!

Comment

Originally posted by pl4zM4
                          I going to live in Bizarro World and pray that USA beats Italy. USA gotten better, we really have. PLEASE BELIEVE ME!
                          I want the US to win.

I'm beginning to doubt we've gotten better, though. After yesterday, I'm beginning to think the last US team was better.

Comment

They just hyped the US team this year because

1) they could and no one would no the difference, few people anyway

2) Improve ratings

3) Merchandise, Merchandise, Merchandise (Capital 'M')

Comment

US is the #5 ranked team in the world. First time that happened.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X