Miami Vice: The movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Miami Vice: The movie

I dunno, has it been to long since Miami Vice has been off the air for them to pull it off?

At least they have some decent actors...

Miami Vice movie

YET MORE proof that hollywood is out of ideas.
    Originally posted by Matt Phillips
    Bullshido is not like the police department, or even POWNET; it really just gets random hard ons and then follows it's dick.

Comment

Saw the previes prior to DaVinci Code.

Not the same, I grew up on Vice. :(
      Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
      "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

Colin Farrell is not a good actor. Almost everyone of his movies is a flop. Jamie Foxx has to have one of the worst decision making processes in the history of film. From Ray to Stealth to Miami Vice?

This movie can only suck greatly.

GG
        MMA Record vs Llamas 0-1-0
        (The Llama bit my junk but the ref didn't see it).

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony
          Saw the previes prior to DaVinci Code.

Not the same, I grew up on Vice. :(
          Yah, kinda what I was worried about too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gringo Grande
            Colin Farrell is not a good actor. Almost everyone of his movies is a flop. Jamie Foxx has to have one of the worst decision making processes in the history of film. From Ray to Stealth to Miami Vice?
            You're right. I'm not a fan of Farrell myself but he does manage to have a fan base.

I'm more interested in Foxx's performance. I really liked Collateral.

Comment

From what I hear, this is actually going to have very little to do with the series.

Comment

I forgot to mention, what bothered me the most about the Miami Vice trailer.

The sound track was Linkin Park and Jay Z...

I love "Numb", but it just didn't tie in with it.

I'm just an old fart.
                "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

Comment

Anthony ,that's just for the benefit of the MTV crowd that were still playing in their cribs when the last episode of Miami vice aired.

How the movie will perform will depend how many youngsters want to see the movie.Of course.
                  [img=http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2364/8026700123940loij9.th.jpg]

"God damn America" --Muammar al-Gaddafi

Comment

For what its worth, this isn't just anyone re-imagining Miami Vice - It's Michael Mann. Mann was the driving force behind Vice before he made the leap into movies. So it's more of a homecomming. And considering this is the guy who did Collateral and Heat, he should know how to handle this type of story.

As far as "Numb," actually I thought it made a little sense. One of the common themes of the original show (beyond linen jackets) was the idea of the characters going in so deep that they lost themselves in the process (heavy-handed stretching -- becoming numb to everything that's going on around them and losing track of which world they belonged to).

Either way, it should be interesting.
                    Student of Wan Yi Chuan Kung Fu,
                    Kali, & what ever works
                    Renaissance Martial Arts
                    Rochester, NY

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Bernius
                      For what its worth, this isn't just anyone re-imagining Miami Vice - It's Michael Mann. Mann was the driving force behind Vice before he made the leap into movies. So it's more of a homecomming. And considering this is the guy who did Collateral and Heat, he should know how to handle this type of story.
                      Time and ratings will tell. Collateral did not have a past to live up too when it was made.

As far as "Numb," actually I thought it made a little sense. One of the common themes of the original show (beyond linen jackets) was the idea of the characters going in so deep that they lost themselves in the process (heavy-handed stretching -- becoming numb to everything that's going on around them and losing track of which world they belonged to).
                      Have you heard the Jay Z/Linkin Park mix?

Either way, it should be interesting.

I'm thinking it's going to bomb.

Comment

I'm thinking it's going to bomb.
                        I'm thinking you're probably right.
                        "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

I don't think there are enough margaritas in the world to make me want to go see this movie, and I grew up watching MV.

The series sucked too IMO.
                          Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

I blame Miami Vice for all the Bling Bling culture we have today.

Comment

I blame Miami Vice for all the Bling Bling culture we have today.
                              I blame Miami Vice for pastel colors, losers who push the sleeves of their sports jackets up their arms and Jan Hammer.
                              Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X