Ipod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ipod?

War Phalange has decided that he needs to get one of these so he can score with the ladies. And so he is not bored out of his mind on the hour long bus ride to and from school next year.

He has also noticed that the headphones that come with them are very small. He wonders if they still pack a punch? Especially the bass. Is the bass any good on these? Music just doesn't sound too good if all you hear are high pitched squeeks and squeels. War Phalange owns a nice pair of these, so it's no problem, but he'd rather use the stock headphones so as to not go against the whole "portable" thing.

your new name sucks balls.

Plus, you can do better than iPod, check Creative, Rio, fuck even HP and Dell make their own now.

Comment

I need to get one of those dooflatcheys too. I still use a Walkman.
      SON OF ODIN

My Punching with Power article

Comment

Noooooo!

Don't join the iPod masses! They are all conformist pussies.

Do some research. There are lots of non-apple devices out there that are quality.
        I personally didn't want a device that might stop working if i say, dropped it.

edit: old thread. http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28782
        Last edited by Neildo; 5/11/2006 10:51pm, .
        :new_all_c

Comment

Originally posted by War Phalange
          War Phalange has decided that he needs to get one of these so he can score with the ladies. And so he is not bored out of his mind on the hour long bus ride to and from school next year.

He has also noticed that the headphones that come with them are very small. He wonders if they still pack a punch? Especially the bass. Is the bass any good on these? Music just doesn't sound too good if all you hear are high pitched squeeks and squeels. War Phalange owns a nice pair of these, so it's no problem, but he'd rather use the stock headphones so as to not go against the whole "portable" thing.
          I liked the quality of the headphones they come with. It wasn't screechy like most of those types of headphones are.

But I must say, Dai Tenshi is right. I'm starting to hate my iPod. It's suppose to have an eight hour battery life, but it won't last an hour now.

Comment

iPods cost a billion dollars too. Companies like Creative offer the same storage space and quality at a fraction of the price.

Kind of like I got the same headphones for half the price, because they don't say "Sony" on them. I stick them in my backpack and BAM, portable music for my hour-long walk home without using those shitty ear phones.

Comment

The power of the earphones is fine. The main problem is getting them to stay in your ears, which isn't a problem as long as you lay perfectly still and do not smile. I'm not joking about that, either. If you so much as clench your jaw the buds will propel out of your ear like adorable little white base-jumpers and dangle around your collar bone. No fun. Luckily, the iPod takes a standard 1/8" headphone jack, so more than likely any other pair you have lying around the house will do.
              Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/cont...goryNavigation

Speaking of headphones, here's my reccomendation. I own two pairs, and each one is like a blowjob for your ears.
                Captain's Log: Just a little update for all my TRUE and HONEST friends out there:

1) I am STRAIGHT! I am STRAIGHT! Get it through your thick skulls, numbskulls!

2) My name is not Ian Brandon Something.

3) Kacey is coming with me now. I have stolen her from the other Christian Weston Chandler.

REMINDER: I am still the one and only true creator of sonichu and rosechu electric hedgehog pokemon

Comment

If you really want the lows, the Creative EP-630's have a frequency response beyond that of human hearing, 6Hz to 23kHz (you only hear from 20Hz to 20kHz.... why these can go beyond that is beyond me).

I only stopped working for Creative's customer servie center like 2 weeks ago, it's hard for me not to shill their stuff. That said I have the Vision M a Nano Plus and Muvo TX FM- one of those was bought before I worked there, the others yay employee discount.

iPod just has the slickest marketing of all the MP3 player producers out there. They have name recognition and they flood the market with it and their image; iPods are just the coolest. If you want something that actually works well and can do more than play the songs you paid iTunes way too much money for, look elsewhere.

God that company programmed me.

Comment

My Creative MuVo 1Gb kicks ass.

And i don't give itunes anything. except props for having decent internet radio.

Headphones: I have a pair of Fostex T-20's that thump. I had some wicked Sony earbuds with little rubber caps that went right into the ear hole. I wish i hadn't caught them on that doorknob and fucked them up forever. Good thing i didn't pay for either pair. HA!
                    Last edited by Neildo; 5/11/2006 10:56pm, .
                    :new_all_c

Comment

I actually was thinking of getting a different brand MP3 player, but I remembered from the old thread (I think) where people said the quality of some of these was shit.

What would you recommend? I NEED my bass. My headphones will do the trick just fine, but I need the hardware that can supply it to them.

I was thinking of spending $150 max on this, by the way. I don't want to get the $399 piece of shit mini tv thing that I wouldn't use, anyway. Who the fuck needs 7500 songs at one go?

Along these same lines, Mother's Day is coming up, and I wanted to buy my mommy a video camera. Any suggestions for something decent? ~$300 to spend.

Comment

Originally posted by MEGA JESUS-SAN
                        Kind of like I got the same headphones for half the price, because they don't say "Sony" on them. I stick them in my backpack and BAM, portable music for my hour-long walk home without using those shitty ear phones.
                        I got those for ~$69.95. That store over charges them for some reason.

Comment

Zen Nano Plus, 1 gig, bout the size of a cigarette lighter just about $100- nigh indestructable save the little battery cover which you won't break unless you're a clumsy oaf.

Comment

Originally posted by Dai Tenshi
                            If you really want the lows, the Creative EP-630's have a frequency response beyond that of human hearing, 6Hz to 23kHz (you only hear from 20Hz to 20kHz.... why these can go beyond that is beyond me).
                            So you can rock out with your dog.

I never liked ear buds. They never fit my tiny ears comfortably (Same with gloves and non-adjustable hats, both of which I also dislike), and I haven't met one with as effective a noise-cancelling effect as closed-ear headphones.
                            Last edited by MEGA JESUS-SAMA; 5/11/2006 11:11pm, .

Comment

I hate buds, but a lot of people seem to love 'em. Out of all the buds available, I don't mind the 30's and other similair buds that have a sort of soft silicone/rubber piece that fits into the ear as opposed to just a hard bud with a padded cover (99.999999% of the ear buds likely to be included with any player).... those things blow.

I use those nice earphones you can sort of clip onto your ears: comfy.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X