Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UK frowns on ice cream. :(

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...170199,00.html

Are latch-key children of Neds and Chavs living off ice cream or something?

:5baby:

bah. healthfood nazis. one of the best parts of the summer term was getting an ice cream on the walk home.

Comment

Ice cream should not be frowned upon. It should be smiled upon, with great glee I might add.
      Last edited by Lights Out; 5/09/2006 7:26am, .

Comment

I hate this country more and more every day.

If the war on Iraq doesn't recruit more suicide bombers this will.:new_icecr

Comment

My brother, his mates and I got ice cream from outside school nearly every day. They didn't get fat. Then again their parents didn't feed them junk food, they were encouraged to go out and play and they didn't have health apparatchiks breathing down their necks.

Mr. Softee is just a scapegoat. No one has the bottle to face up to negligent parents, and that's where the solution lies.

Comment

'Nother question.

wtf?

By the 1980s the business had become so lucrative that gangs fought over the right to sell to certain streets. In 1984 a row between Glasgow-based gangs led to the murder of six members of the Doyle family, who had run the Marchetti ice-cream company.

Comment

Originally posted by Truculent Sheep
              My brother, his mates and I got ice cream from outside school nearly every day. They didn't get fat. Then again their parents didn't feed them junk food, they were encouraged to go out and play and they didn't have health apparatchiks breathing down their necks.

Mr. Softee is just a scapegoat. No one has the bottle to face up to negligent parents, and that's where the solution lies.
              Yep. Its a scapegoat.
              Physical Education classes in most schools in the UK suck. At my school, we only did 1 hour of P.E. twice a week. In fact, usually it was less than 1 hour. P.E. needs a major fucking overhaul, and much more time needs to be given to it in the school curriculum. Perhaps then we would have a few less fatties. But more importantly its the parents.

Parents need to give their kids proper food and not junk food and stop being whiny cunts. I hate seeing things on TV with parents saying something to the tune of
              "I know junk food is bad for them, but sometimes you are just so busy that its easier to give them something quick and simple to eat" :eusa_booh
              The parent usually starts to feel sorry for themselves and believes themselves to be a bad parent. Which is what they are. But you usually get someone who comes along saying "But we shouldn't blame it all on the parents!"
              True, we shouldn't blame it all on the parents, but most of it comes down to them and how they raise their child.

Comment

The secret is to make the kids come out for the ice cream and then slowly drive off for 6 blocks. The kids have to run to catch up and burn off the calories.

Problem solved

GoJu-joe saves the day

Comment

It's not just neglience on the part of parents. Its widespread ignorance about food preparation and cooking. People buy cheap mass produced crap that is full of sugar fat and chemical bollocks. Then they bung it in a microwave and toss it on a plate for their kids.

The sad part is they don't know any better.

It's not as if we don't have the means to educate kids about basic home economics. We just don't do it anymore.

Banning ice cream vans near schools is such a politcian's response. Fucking pathetic.

You want healthy children? Compulsory judo in all schools, 6+. Everyone for one hour a day minimum until they are 16. Tell the fucking bitches that whinge about this draconian policy to bend over and insert a sharp metal stick in their ass without lube.
                  He who attains his ideal by that very fact transcends it- Nietzsche

I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

Originally posted by A Better American Than You
                  In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.

Comment

more and more I find that every place that isn't the USA sucks
                    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Kein Haar
                      'Nother question.

wtf?
                      my local ice cream van sells drugs too. very lucrative I hear, which is why he still does the rounds in winter :laughing3

Comment

Originally posted by Kidspatula
                        more and more I find that every place that isn't the USA sucks
                        Visit them for a deeper perspective. Most places in the West have good and bad points, and things that are really cool and unique. And horrible and unique.

Or not.

I like my Te like I like my tea- from Fujian province and without any bullshit in it. Oh, and green. And scented with jasmine blossoms...

In every country and every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot.

Comment

PE is a fucking joke in the UK. You're either humiliated and left looking crap while the wannabe footballers leave you in the dust or you don't get enough classes each week anyway.

My proudest moment at Primary School was being told to piss off back to class by a teacher because I just couldn't be arsed to pay attention when she was trying to get us to jump through some hoops like a troupe of sodding gibbons.

And don't get me started on Sports Day, which was very much like a low-rent cardboard American Gladiators/It's A Knockout...

I lliked swimming though. But we only got to do that once a week. It's easy to feel short-changed, but kids these days get an even rougher deal.
                          Last edited by Truculent Sheep; 5/09/2006 5:11pm, .

Comment

PE is a fucking joke in the UK. You're either humiliated and left looking crap while the wannabe footballers leave you in the dust or you don't get enough classes each week anyway.

My proudest moment at Primary School was being told to piss off back to class by a teacher because I just couldn't be arsed to pay attention when she was trying to get us to jump through some hoops like a troupe of sodding gibbons.

And don't get me started on Sports Day, which was very much like a low-rent cardboard American Gladiators/It's A Knockout...

I lliked swimming though. But we only got to do that once a week. It's easy to feel short-changed, but kids these days get an even rougher deal.
                            I remember playing rugby in the fucking rain and snow. That kicked ass. Headbutting and kneeing people is fun. The girls spent most of their time indoors filing their nails and talking. Occasionally some of them even went on the trampolines.

I once threw a relay baton at some kid that everyone hated. To be fair, he was a knob. He was a bible-thumper too. :biblethum

On one occasion, I almost got speared by some twat with a javelin. He was waving the javelin around pretending to use it like Darth Maul's lightsaber.

I remember one of my mates smacking another kid over the head with a cricket bat in PE. The kid was fine, he had a massive square skull. Still, it was fucking funny.
                            The sound of willow against human skull is beautiful.

The secret is to make the kids come out for the ice cream and then slowly drive off for 6 blocks. The kids have to run to catch up and burn off the calories.

Problem solved

GoJu-joe saves the day
                            Goju-joe FTW!
                            Whilst were at it, we could tie cakes onto a piece of string and make them chase it.
                            Fatties will do anything for a bit of cake.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Han
                              I remember playing rugby in the fucking rain and snow. That kicked ass. Headbutting and kneeing people is fun.

I'll second that shit. Scrum down, bitches, and your hooker better get ready to eat my knee when we break.

Originally posted by Mr Han
                              I remember one of my mates smacking another kid over the head with a cricket bat in PE. The kid was fine, he had a massive square skull. Still, it was fucking funny.
                              The sound of willow against human skull is beautiful.
                              HeeHee- whilst we're on the subject of childhood memories...a kid few years older than me decided he would grab my shoes and start a game of catch in the changing room. Too bad for he did it in the summer when my trusty GM was to hand. A week off school was an added bonus as far as I was concerned.

Had to buy a new bat tho.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X