Tony Jaa is the greatest grappler ever.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tony Jaa is the greatest grappler ever.

IIRC we've seen one fight clip from this movie, a fight between Jaa and a capoeristo, and while some who saw the movie say that fight was better I humbly submit that they are fucking nuts.

This is what it's all about.

70 vs. 1

I would like tojust catalogue everything the choreographers put in there, that shit is insane.

So what do we figure, he has the real aikido or hapkido?

Everytime I fight 70 mafioso they are kind enough to attack without weapons and one at a time in orderly fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by Dai Tenshi

So what do we figure, he has the real aikido or hapkido?
      Actually if you look closely he is doing SEGAL(TM) Aikido.
      Last edited by Moleculo; 4/01/2006 1:38am, .

Comment

All the kicking, way too athletic for the Segal; Tony Jaa has the hardcore Thai Hapkido.

Comment

The beginning of each speed dating segment is pure segal until he decides to actually inflict himself upon them.

OK maybe not ALL...

Comment

Sigh...if only real Hapkido was that cool...

Comment

Furthermore I am accusing you of plagarizing from my user title.

To bad my angry posts do not contain flesh-eating wangteria.

Comment

Quoted directly from Patriot Games as spoken by Jack Ryan played by Harrison Ford.

Don't complain to me, you're just upset because my animation skills are so sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by Reese
                  Actually if you look closely he is doing SEGAL(TM) Aikido.

Haha, that's so unbelivably funny to me.

Comment

Originally posted by TheArtfulDodger
                    Haha, that's so unbelivably funny to me.
                    You don't get out much, do you?

Comment

Originally posted by Dai Tenshi
                      Quoted directly from Patriot Games as spoken by Jack Ryan played by Harrison Ford.

Don't complain to me, you're just upset because my animation skills are so sweet.
                      Then turn up the brightness, Einstein:glasses13

Comment

Is Patriot Games any good, BTW?

Comment

Well in theory this is should be about what you would expect Hapkido to be . If the dude is fighting off 70 guys I know he isn't using BJJ . I will share my thoughts after I finish it .

*EDIT*

After watching the whole video I really must say it has alot of Aikido/Aki Ju Jitsu/Hapkido in it . My Instructor is that bad *** , as a matter of fact I think there is a video of him taking out 40 unarmed guys somewhere on the net . I will find it and show you how much of that Hollywood fight scene is really Street Hapkido .

I bet I know the choreographer and that he knows my Instructor .

Comment

The fight with the capoeira guy was better. I do like the "red uniform" style bad guys who walk up, get hit, and are left unconciouss for the rest of the fight.

Comment

After I saw the first 15-27 or so of my buddies get their arm cracked, I would've said, "screw this" and stopped running out there with the rest of 'em like a moron.

I wouldn't want to mess up my nice suit anyway, yeah? :glasses7:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X