Announcement

Collapse

FORUM MAINTENANCE

FORUM MAINTENANCE THIS EVENING!!! PLEASE BE AWARE THAT THE FORUMS WILL NOT BE AVAILABLE FOR A PERIOD OF TIME. JOIN US ON THE DISCORD, INSTEAD!
See more
See less

Another leg breaker clip. How?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't why people cry whenever they get their shins touched. Seriously, my shins must be dead or something because the pain NEVER gets as bad as even a regular birthday punch in the shoulder.

Comment

Originally posted by GIJoe6186
      Seriously what moron thought it would be great to take a bone that always hurts when you bump into a coffee table and say "hey lets slam it into other hard things!." Ill stick with punches elbows and takedowns thank you.
      hahaha, actually my insteps are a lot more pain sensative than my shins. Sometimes I hit with my instep on the heavy bag really good, and that really hurts! This coming from someone whose shins are like metal pipes, it's unfortunate that my insteps and toes go weee weee wee all the way home.
      Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Comment

Originally posted by Poop Loops
        I don't why people cry whenever they get their shins touched. Seriously, my shins must be dead or something because the pain NEVER gets as bad as even a regular birthday punch in the shoulder.
        Well, I routinely check/clash shins on accident in sparring without pads. No matter how conditioned your shins are, kicking a shin that's also coming toward you; not so good feeling.

Comment

Well of course not. But I see this especially in movies. A kid kicks a guy's shin and the guy just collapses as if they had exploded. And in real life, I see people bump their shins and stuff and whine about it.

One time I annoyed this girl at work while I was on break. She walked up to me and started kicking me in the shin. Granted, she was toe-kicking, but she still had some shoes on. She gave up because it hurt her toes too much. =/

But I know what you are saying. A few days ago it was warm and I had some extra time, so I hit the bag for a while (mine's outside). I kicked the bottom part, and it hurt like a bitch, because all of the sand just condensed in the bottom.

Any way to fix this, by the way? Besides taking it all out and putting it back in?

Comment

loving the reaction of the other dude when it happens

"get up pussy!"

Comment

Well of course not. But I see this especially in movies. A kid kicks a guy's shin and the guy just collapses as if they had exploded. And in real life, I see people bump their shins and stuff and whine about it.

One time I annoyed this girl at work while I was on break. She walked up to me and started kicking me in the shin. Granted, she was toe-kicking, but she still had some shoes on. She gave up because it hurt her toes too much. =/

But I know what you are saying. A few days ago it was warm and I had some extra time, so I hit the bag for a while (mine's outside). I kicked the bottom part, and it hurt like a bitch, because all of the sand just condensed in the bottom.

Any way to fix this, by the way? Besides taking it all out and putting it back in?
              I've never seen a hanging bag where that wasn't the case, so I doubt there's anything you can do, outside of reversing gravity. Make sure you're inside when you do that though, otherwise you'll just fall into the sky.

Comment

Kicking is only useful if you meet 1 of 2 criteria:
                1) you are a girl
                2) you play soccer...which makes you a girl
                Port Jefferson Martial Arts - My Gym
                Port Jefferson Martial Arts - My Blog

Comment

Koto Ryu likes to take his heavy bag down and workout with the bag itself, or so I am to understand.
                  Doing this might kill two birds with one stone. (extra workout & stir up the sand)

I kicked the bottom of the heavy bag at work once and it hurt like hell. However, that was because there's a ring on the bottom to secure it to the floor, that I didn't know about. whoops.
                  :new_all_c

Comment

1) you are a girl
                    FUH-Q!!!

Comment

Aren't you supposed to kick the bottom of the heavy bag to condition your shins? At least that's what I do.
                      Last edited by ojgsxr6; 3/19/2006 3:14pm, .

Comment

But if it's filled with sand each strike compresses it until you're bascially hitting close to concrete (this takes a hell of a long time to happen though).

Comment

I saw a clip just like it once, only from a muay thai bout; guy kicks, attempts to stand on his newly acquired rubber leg, falls on his ass, fight over...

When (because of pain) I found out that kicking someone's (muay thay instructor who spent his childhood kicking down banana palm's) shin with my shin was a pretty stupid thing to do, I stopped doing it. When you think about it, it's similar to the fist vs. head thing. With gloves and tape = fine, weak punches = fine, hard punch to the skull with an average unprotected fist = broken hand.

Comment

ah damn! i was real impressed by that banana tree thing until you unbullshidoes it for me!

Comment

1) you are a girl
                              Calling me a girl? I can't wait till we get a TD going. Gonna Taekwonkick you to death with my hands behind my back!
                              Knowing is not enough, you must apply...
                              ...Willing is not enough you must do
                              ~Bruce Lee

Comment

1) you are a girl

Next time, you should try farting with your ass and typing with your fingers, that's the status quo.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X