Such A Helpful Slide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Such A Helpful Slide

anybody want to guess what the fuck they're trying to tell me?
    Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

haha... it's a neuron, and they're trying to illustrate the movement of ions in a neuron during action potential. The shitty looking things with "ATP" on them are sodium/potassium pumps, which are moving 2K in for every 3 Na out, while the K+ and Na+ follow their natural chemical and electrical gradients. Not that it's possible to figure that out using their slide.

Comment

Originally posted by feedback
      anybody want to guess what the fuck they're trying to tell me?
      That the K+s are in the Na+'s base, killing their doods?

Comment

I don't think I've ever seen a circular diagram for that one

Thank god I never have to take biology again

Comment

A picture is worth a thousand words. In this case a thousand words of confusing babbling.

Comment

It's a new, abstract approach to nutritional information. Clearly potassium is better for you than sodium.

Comment

Originally posted by Lu Tze
              That the K+s are in the Na+'s base, killing their doods?
              Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who finds this funny. Please!
              :new_all_c

Comment

Originally posted by feedback
                haha... it's a neuron, and they're trying to illustrate the movement of ions in a neuron during action potential. The shitty looking things with "ATP" on them are sodium/potassium pumps, which are moving 2K in for every 3 Na out, while the K+ and Na+ follow their natural chemical and electrical gradients. Not that it's possible to figure that out using their slide.
                As someone graduating in May with a B.S. in Psychology (with my particular focus being Neuroscience), let me just go ahead and congratulate you for finding that fucking terrible picture.

PM me if you want a scan or two of a better pictographic representation from one of my texts on the subject.
                "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by Neildo
                  Someone please tell me I'm not the only one who finds this funny. Please!
                  I laughed.
                  "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

No, the killing their doods joke was funny.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X