X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

18-year-old attacks gay bar patrons

Check this out:
    http://edition.cnn.com/2006/US/02/02/gay.shooting/

I thought it was particularly interesting for the 7-1/2 minute first-hand retelling by the bartender.

Not much to say about it until we get word on the progress of the injured. It's really tough to understand how someone can walk into a bar and start attacking people. What in the world is wrong upstairs?

Self-loathing, probably because he's gay or at least thinks he's gay.

Comment

The reports don't mention anything about him being gay, but I suppose it is possible. He did scrawl some anti-semitic symbol on a structure inside the bar, and police discovered a lot of pro-Nazi material at his home. He seems like a hatemongerer of general sorts, much like Fred Phelps, for example.

Comment

nazi homophobe = self hating fag.
        :new_all_c

Comment

people who hate gay people are in a lot of cases gay themselves. Didnt you watch american beauty?

Comment

Originally posted by Ikken Hisatsu
            people who hate gay people are in a lot of cases gay themselves. Didnt you watch american beauty?
            It's possible, I suppose, but I've never seen any non-fictional reporting of the phenomenon. Either way, though, this kid is messed up. Seriously, how can somebody throw their life away for the sake of hatemongering?

Comment

Maybe they'll send him to Big Boy Prison, where his education in homoeroticism can start in earnest with the introductory class of Sweet Candy/Fresh Fish 101 with Prof. Ben Dover, phd.
              "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Comment

i watched american beauty, but all i saw were mena suvari's SWEET little breasteses...

Comment

Uhhh, howabout Thora Birch's 17 year old lowriders in that movie?

I'm guessing this guy was an evil Ranger. He used an ax, got favored enemy bonuses when attacking a certain group that he hated, yet in the end had to be an evil Ranger because they were humans like him and you can't take your own race as a hated enemy unless you're evil. I'm sure he didn't see it that way.

In all seriousness, I bet his issues run real deep. I bet he was molested as a kid. That, or he really hated techno dance remixes of Cher.

Comment

The cops finally caught up with him in Arkansas. He is dead...and the world is likely better off.
                    " If one wants to have a friend one must also want to wage war for him: and to wage war one must be capable of being an enemy." - Fr. Nietzsche 'On The Friend' Thus Spake Zarathustra

Comment

Originally posted by bad credit

I'm guessing this guy was an evil Ranger. He used an ax, got favored enemy bonuses when attacking a certain group that he hated, yet in the end had to be an evil Ranger because they were humans like him and you can't take your own race as a hated enemy unless you're evil. I'm sure he didn't see it that way.

But they were gay. Maybe that counts as a seperate race, D&D-wise.

Interesting question: Would a skinhead/ranger be able to choose black people as a hated race? They're a different race, but same species as him.

Comment

Well, to my lefty mind blacks are the same race as me and this asshat, so yes, it would make him evil. To him, though, they're probably orcs, so he's "good." I'm only half joking, it's been mentioned on here before that many white supremecist sites describe other races as mud beings and subhuman. The way they describe them it sounds like orcs or something out of Tolkien.

Although, now that I think about it, Elves and Dark Elves are the same race, but I think they can take each other as favored enemies when taking ranger levels and not be automatically evil because they come from different subraces of Elf. (Well, Dark Elves are usually evil, anyhoo.) Of course, Rangers can take organizations, not just races or monster types as favored enemies (sounds more PC than "hated" enemy.) Like, in Forgotten Realms, a good ranger from the Dales or really anywhere could take the Zhentarim (think medieval organized crime; slavers, assassins, death god cultists, etc.)

Comment

Originally posted by haughty
                          It's possible, I suppose, but I've never seen any non-fictional reporting of the phenomenon. Either way, though, this kid is messed up. Seriously, how can somebody throw their life away for the sake of hatemongering?
                          Most of the gay guys I know were pretty homophobic when they were younger. Actually, maybe not most. But I would say 25%.
                          And that's when I figured out that tears couldn't make somebody who was dead alive again. There's another thing to learn about tears, they can't make somebody who doesn't love you any more love you again. It's the same with prayers. I wonder how much of their lives people waste crying and praying to God. If you ask me, the devil makes more sense than God does. I can at least see why people would want him around. It's good to have somebody to blame for the bad stuff they do. Maybe God's there because people get scared of all the bad stuff they do. They figure that God and the Devil are always playing this game of tug-of-war game with them. And they never know which side they're gonna wind up on. I guess that tug-of-war idea explains how sometimes, even when people try to do something good, it still turns out bad.

Comment

There's mild homophobia, and then there's raging homophobia. Raging homophobes are self-loathing, in my informed opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by OZZ
                              The cops finally caught up with him in Arkansas. He is dead...and the world is likely better off.
                              Although that's true in part, i read he also took a cop with him.
                              So really, the world still sucks.
                              :new_all_c

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X