Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody take any MCSE certification tests before?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody take any MCSE certification tests before?

Next tuesday I'm going to go in to take my 70-210 test. I'm kind of nervous, I got a job offer at another computer place doing IT work and devloping some neat tech stuff. The job is going to be paying me roughly $50k a year. For a college student, that's going to be awesome.

So I kind of want to pass the test. If I get more tests passed under my belt, my pay will increase exponentially. I'm rather excited but at the same time, I'm kind of nervous.

Anybody take these tests before? How were they? I've been studying this giant purple MCSE book with its corresponding software, I think I'lll be okay, but I just need some reassurance so I don't go in there and get armbar'd by a nerd.

sounds like you'll do fine

If you can pass college, its going to be a sunday walk for you. It means you already have thought harder and deeper than most MSCEs.

I dont know about the purple books, but so long as they are Microsoft approved (!). I did the NT workstation exam (85%), and it seemed easy. You might of heard this, but the answers are usually what is the most correct answer according to Microsoft (THATS THE IMPORATANT PART). So, if you have enough questions in those books, or get copies of official exams off the web, many if not most will be in the exam. There was not much variation for the NTs anyway.

My old manager did the 4 for NT in 2 weeks by rote learning printed out Q & A's. He could tell me the correct answer letter when I was still saying the first question! He passed easily. He'll I knew a woman who did the $13,000 2 week course who got her MSCE + I (6 exams) who could barely use a computer.

Do you work with it currently? They asked questions about things people just do not bother using, liking the Unattended Setup fIle for installation, and NTLOADER and boot sequence options. Things you never use in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirc
      Next tuesday I'm going to go in to take my 70-210 test. I'm kind of nervous, I got a job offer at another computer place doing IT work and devloping some neat tech stuff. The job is going to be paying me roughly $50k a year. For a college student, that's going to be awesome.

So I kind of want to pass the test. If I get more tests passed under my belt, my pay will increase exponentially. I'm rather excited but at the same time, I'm kind of nervous.

Anybody take these tests before? How were they? I've been studying this giant purple MCSE book with its corresponding software, I think I'lll be okay, but I just need some reassurance so I don't go in there and get armbar'd by a nerd.
      It's been about 8 years, but I'd look for "braindumps" on teh interweb. I passed NT 4.0 Server and Workstation without looking at anything. I never kept my certs current, as my boss didn't give a rats ass about the certs.

Still, it looks good on a resume.

Comment

I've taught people how to pass those tests and I've never actually took them. Everyone I've worked with has passed.
        "a martial art that has no rules is nothing but violence" - Kenji Tomiki

Comment

I took the MSCE Windows 2000 Exam. 70-240. As you can see that OS is practically extinct and it was an utter waste of my time and money.

I was in 9th grade at the time and new to my town. So I went to the library and found a huge ass book pertaining to "Preparing for the Test". It's one of those TEST YOURSELF books. Anyways I read it and found a local test location and said "Meh, what the hell."

Comment

Also, don't make the mistake I did. I thought this was some like casual test people took to look good on a resume. The latter is true but this is a very serious test with serious testing procedure protocol. Not to mention I got dirty looks for being a punk kid taking such an awesome test so lax(I think I wore a MSI tshirt and some baggy pants with a backwards cap). I mean you don't have to dress nice but treat the exam as a serious matter. It was even better to know that even though I passed, 2 gentlemen twice my age did not. BOO YAH!

Comment

You had $125 to blow on a test in the 9th grade? I call bullshit.

I've been looking for braindumps but can't find one that doesn't cost me $50 for the info. Any links?

Comment

If you have a brain cell MSCE = piece of cake.

I never took them but a Microsoft Certified Engineer once told the following things:

1. MS Windows is programmed in Colbot
                2. All Web Applications are done in Colbot
                3. UNIX is based on DOS
                4. DOS is a programming language, WTF is C?
                5. If you want to get a job in CS you need to know Colbot.
                6. If you CS degree doesn't teach you Colbot its worthless.
                7. Microsoft made the first Operating System.

God I wanted to punch him in the face for being so stupid! Being he was a g/f at the time's uncle. So I didn't

in Conclusion, MSCEs are idiots hence the test must be very easy.

Comment

Originally posted by Sirc
                  You had $125 to blow on a test in the 9th grade? I call bullshit.

I've been looking for braindumps but can't find one that doesn't cost me $50 for the info. Any links?
                  MCSE Braindumps

2nd hit on Google

Welcome to the internet

Comment

Thanks. The internet hates me. My googling terms are always too complex or not the right words. I suck at google.

Comment

The braindumps were/are good (don't know if you can still get them). If you can get hands-on time with the product, that'll help a lot. The test questions aren't designed to be particularly tricky, but if you don't know your way around, you can be tripped up. If the software that came with your book has test samples then you already know what type of quetions to expect, and that's half the battle.

If you plan to do a series of tests, I'd also suggest that you plan to write them fairly close together. I did all of the certification tests (6 I think) within a two-week span. For those two weeks you couldn't talk to me about anything but what was on those tests - I quite simply lived and breathed that material - but the answers also came quickly.

Do they still use "adaptive" tests? With these tests, if you flubbed a question on a particular subject area, it would follow up with 2 or 3 more in that area (to make sure you had that area covered I guess). I know some people had a strategy where they would intentionally flub a question on a subject that they knew really well, just to make sure that they got more questions in that area. Then they would correct their first mistake when you get a chance to review your answers.

Comment

Sirc shut the fuck up. I bought training materials for 50 cents at the local library as 2000 was outdated and my parents paid for it as they saw it as a worthwhile investment, and it sure as hell was now that I look at it.

I try to give out helpful advice and your ass has to be a dick.

What do you want from me? To scan the fucking certificate?
                        Last edited by Knightmare; 2/04/2006 6:52am, .

Comment

Also 5 years ago the test wasnt 125, it was more around 95 for me.

Comment

So wait.. you're like what? 19? 20 now?

I still call bullshit dude. Yes, please scan the certificate.

Comment

I'm 18.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X