Conservatives About To (Hopefully) Coast To Victory in Canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Conservatives About To (Hopefully) Coast To Victory in Canada

The polls in the last week are puting them at between 8%-12% ahead of the Liberals. It looks like the Bloc Quebecois will rout the Liberals in Quebec, while the Conservatives will clobber them in the rest of the country, with the New Democratic Party nipping at their heels wherever they have a seat left after that stomping.

Finally Liberal dictatorship in Canada will end, and possibly Canada's gun control laws will change. I don't think the Conservatives will make any moves to over turn gay marriage or anything else very controversial. I also don't see them being politically able to hack and slash as right-wingers tend to do in office, because it would be political suicide, and they may not have a majority.

However, I REALLY hope they do win a majority so for sure, the gun laws will be gone. If they just got rid of them, and there was a gun-law-vacuum, I think I would cream my pants, assault rifles again available legally...uuuuugh, I messed myself.
    Last edited by Roidie McDouchebag; 1/24/2006 3:21am, .

3 days and nonone has touched this thread - apparently noone cares about the politiburo of outer Kanuckistan.
    "You know what I like about you, William? You like guns AND meditation."

Comment

Meh, I just made it so I can gloat when they win.

Comment

As much as I'm not really a conservative, I sincerely hope the conservatives win in Canada so that maybe Michael Moore will have nowhere to hide but Europe.

Comment

As much as I'm not really a conservative, I sincerely hope the conservatives win in Canada so that maybe Michael Moore will have nowhere to hide but Europe.

You know, i wouldn't mind the conservatives if it wasn't for Harper.

If anyone else were at the head of the party, i would not mind. But not him.
          www.dragonmma.ca

http://www.realselfdefensecenter.com/

http://z11.invisionfree.com/The_Phat...543abc&act=idx

Because i think he's funny.

Comment

I thought the Liberals would lose in the last election, too.

Somehow, I don't think the majority of Canadians care enough about what Paul Martin and those liberal pigs do to us to vote any differently.

These guys have lied, cheated, and stolen from the Canadian people for a very long time. If the Canadian people, particularly those in the east, cared enough about that, they'd have voted these cheesedicks out of office a long time ago.
            "Onward we stagger, and if the tanks come, may God help the tanks." - Col. William O. Darby

Comment

To be honest, i think the reason paul martin won last election was because people were scared of Harper.

I hope there is a leadership shift within the conservatives.
              www.dragonmma.ca

http://www.realselfdefensecenter.com/

http://z11.invisionfree.com/The_Phat...543abc&act=idx

Because i think he's funny.

Comment

Harper is the most reasonable leader the Conservatives have had since Charest, and the most best leader with the chance of winning an election since...Diefenbaker.

Anybody who is scared of Harper doesn't understand that he's the gate keeper, he keeps all the nutbars locked away where they will never be allowed to say or do anything to put his political life in danger.

Comment

Well no wonder you guys lose. Look at your names. Diefenbaker? Blah. Sounds like a brand of popcorn!

Those Eastern Canadians haven't figured out the details of modern technology yet, much like our Mid-West States. They still think that we use trains to get about.

Check to see if they're still using smoke signals. It might not reach in time. You might want to drive down there and see what's going on.

I'm rooting for the conservatives to win as well, my woman's uncle lives up there and it's pretty much hell for him, though I don't know the current political aspects of Canada at the moment, can't hurt to change when everything seemingly has gone to shit.

Comment

Everything really is not that bad, I just want some minor changes made, and I think the Conservatives can accomplish that, with a majority.

Comment

Conservative ideologies would make sense if society wasn't in dire need of reform.

Just kidding. We all know "conservative" doesn't really mean anything anymore.

Comment

Yeah, that's the thing, they're not Conservatives, they're Liberals with lower taxes and more guns. They're not going to get rid universal healthcare, or any other meaningful social program, for fear of the wailing and bemoaning, and political death, that would go along with it.

Comment

Well, they won.

Conservative 124 36.25%
                          Liberal 103 30.22%
                          Bloc Quebecois 51 10.48%
                          New Democrat 29 17.49%
                          Independent 1 .52%

No majority, which is gay, but oh well, mabye next time.

My faith in democracy is reaffirmed. The Liberals have finally paid for their political missteps.

Our new Prime Minister
                          Last edited by Roidie McDouchebag; 1/24/2006 3:37am, .

Comment

Since when did your universal medical care actually SAVE anybody? ;)

And now that Canada is "conservative" who's nuts will Michael Moore latch onto now? Mexico's?
                            Last edited by King Sleepless; 1/24/2006 3:39am, .

Comment

Since when did your universal medical care actually SAVE anybody?
                              My father, my brother, my sister, my mother, and me. :D

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X