• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bjj Rules

http://www.judoclub.ca/mpegs/BloodOnSun.wmv

Err, I mean Judo rules!
    Originally posted by Sifu Rudy Abel
    "Just what makes a pure grappler think he can survive with an experienced striker. Especially if that striker isn't following any particular rule set and is well aware of what the grapplers strategies are".

THAT kicked ass.....

Comment

The throws were cool, but none of these guys ever learned to pass open guard...
      There are no wrong threats, only wrong answers. (Strategy game truism)

Comment

Coooool altough it laked G&P all the techniques where good

Comment

Just think that movie was made in 1945.
          ______
          Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
          -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
          The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
          -Daniel Tosh

Comment

That was just awesome!!!!

Comment

weak kaza makes for a more exciting fight scene.
              Last edited by KhorneliusPraxx; 1/16/2006 11:53am, .

Comment

James Cagney apparently took up judo for the role, and ended up becoming the first Hollywood icon to earn a judo black belt. He was the student of former LA cop John Halloran, who I believe is the guy he's fighting in this scene.

Cagney wrote in his memoirs, "I grew so fond of judo I used to keep in shape with it until a back injury I picked up doing something else put me on the sidelines."

Halloran's resignation from the LAPD in the middle of the Second World War came after the police commission sent FBI agents to investigate him - because his favourite sport was judo and hence he was suspected of Japanese sympathies.

Comment

I can't believe how much ass that kicked!!

Comment

I actually want to buy the movie now...even if the rest of it sucks.

Comment

Why did they keep fighting after that first throw? It was so obviously an ippon.

Comment

Way cool video Anthony, thanks for sharing.

Kind of cool to see grappling in a movie. I haven't seen a lot of it before.
                        "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Anyone seen the old Kurosawa flicks, Judo Saga 1 and 2? Some decent judo in there too, with lots of Much Honourable Japanese Judoka defeating Filthy American Boxers. Nationalist propaganda + judo = fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawarma
                            Anyone seen the old Kurosawa flicks, Judo Saga 1 and 2? Some decent judo in there too, with lots of Much Honourable Japanese Judoka defeating Filthy American Boxers. Nationalist propaganda + judo = fun.
                            SEARCH NOOB!!! :XXjester:

Yes, I have both movies, they are Sanshiro Sugata was Kurosawa's 1st movie.

The chinese movie THROWDOWN was suppose to be a homage to Kurosawa. Not a bad movie but drags on and you just want to get to the Judo.

I've seen all of BLOOD ON THE SUN and its funny how there are NO Japanese in anyo of the roles. They use whites, chinese, and koreans to play the Japanese parts.
                            ______
                            Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                            -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                            The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                            -Daniel Tosh

Comment

If I remember correctly, that was a government-sponsored propaganda film to help quell the rumors circling around the Army at the time that the Japanese were superior at hand to hand because of Judo and Jujitsu during WWII.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X