How was your year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How was your year?

How was your last year? Learn anything? Anything happen?

Last year was undoubtedly the worst year I've ever had. It seemed okay in the beginning: I had a job at a performance shop running the show, doing the marketing, PR, etc. the business side of things. Loved it, I switched my major to business with a specialty in marketing. Can't wait for it to all come round full circle. After getting the place cleaned up and the efficiency to exponential levels they fired me for absolutely no reason at all, didn't even give me a reason, just said not to come in unless they call me. They were making 400% more income than they were before I came along and it seemed more like they were using me to get them started so they could take over.

Then right about then, I got into a car accident, some old hag rear-ended me. I've had slight neck pains since then. Sucks. Girlfriend and I were having really rocky times and we were not on very good terms with each other. Lost touch with my childhood friends and found out that one of my very good girl friends turned into some coke whore down in San Diego and another one of them got stomach cancer.

A few months later my friend killed herself leaving a note with some specific instructions for me. So at this point things were looking pretty shitty for me. But it got worse, I wasn't very happy in school, getting stuck in some piss ass junior college was owning my soul. Then I broke my transmission on my car. My baby. That was a whole lot of shit that got flung in my face right then and there. And around that time, I was befallen with some gay ass heart condition.

So that was my year. It sucked a lot. BUT. But, I don't know how, but somehow I kind of found it important to not let it bring me down. So I kept on and just got things done like they needed to get done. Starting yesterday, I transferred to a private university and starting a new job as a "kickboxing" instructor. Should be paying a hell of a lot more than what I'm getting now.

It's stupid and I thought that it was just self-righteous bullshit whenever someone told me about keeping your perseverance and other crap like that. And it is. But, I think that it's not about pushing away all of the things that affect us negatively, but moreso embracing them and using them as inspiration for all the things you never want to be or never want to happen to you again. It makes for a well-adjusted individual or something like that.

Now someone change my name back damn it.

Relax. Have a nice cup of coffee. Thats what I do.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

But you're the village idiot. Why do what you say?

Comment

I graduated from college. I'd say that outweighs any bad things.
        Originally posted by Osiris
        Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

Comment

Originally posted by Christmas Miracle
          How was your last year? Learn anything? Anything happen?
          Now someone change my name back damn it.
          Chin up, stiff upper lip and all that. Resolve that 2006 will be your year. Buy Psychocybernetics by Dr. Maxwell Maltz; read it, learn it, live it. KATN.

Aloha, Poi

PS - Christmas Miracle, who are you, BTW?

EDIT: Nevermind, just checked the BBC thread about name changes.
          Last edited by poidog; 1/11/2006 3:56pm, .
          Kuha'o - Kela - Koa

Comment

Originally posted by Christmas Miracle
            But you're the village idiot. Why do what you say?

Dammit man !!!

Have you ever sat down and had a really good cappucino ? I mean a good one ?
            Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

I have had a shitty year as well - view any of my shitty post. Hope - just hope for a better day

Comment

Pretty fucking great. Got the contract I wanted with the Army, got promoted to blue belt, just about finished up my degree, and met some really cool people. Thanks for asking.
                "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

No porblem.

I can't wait for 2007. I finally can get my hands on a Skyline. *sigh*

Comment

You Bastard!!!

I want a Skyline so bad I can taste it. Yes, metal in my mouth. *droolz* I just wanna drive on the right.

There's a lot of the older ones showing up on the streets here, but no GT-R's for some reason. Actually, I don't think i've seen an AWD skyline yet, just the RWD models. Threre's one guy I've seen around, his car looks like an infiniti G35, but it says skyline on the back...it could very well be a total custom job (awesome body kit) I have some pics of a skyline prototype that looks lke a customized G35 so.....i dunno.

btw: I extend virtual condolences. Try and smile despite the hardships.
                    Last edited by Neildo; 1/11/2006 10:33pm, .
                    :new_all_c

Comment

i don't remember most of last year. finished school. got a degree. got a job i really like. bought my first car. bought my first house. i think there were women involved at some point. other than that things get fuzzy. but that's mostly how i stay a reluctant optimist. a short memory is my friend.

Comment

My year was alright. Got a steady, well-paying job...moved in with my fiance, got a degree, started training after a long break...I can't complain.

Sorry about your shitty year. Come to the throwdown and choke me out...it'll make you feel better.
                        Originally posted by Exodus
                        Helio was submitted by Kimura

Comment

I completed a bunch of half-finished math courses, changed my education program to something I actually like, kissed several girls and entered my first competition. 2005 is easily in my top 3 years.

Comment

2005 was good and bad. Good got married to my long time girlfriend (7 years) started cross training with IT at work. Bad had to have one of my ferrets put to sleep the day after christmas. Arnis instructor lost his mind and began preaching Chi voodoo.

All things considered it was a wash. Sorry to hear about your shitty year just remember; Sometimes you eat the bear, sometimes that old bear eats you.

Comment

Holy shit man, your life fucking sucks... i mean it. My year freakin rocked! I made money, started a company that is growing like a forrest fire in a califonia national park and i'm one monthy into my 4 month all expenses paid for already vacation, the next three months i'm travelling to china for 3 month's (the whole thing is tax deductible). I'm so freaking happy right now I feel like punching out the first guy i see who looks like kenny rogers. I'm that happy.
                              A lie gets half-way around the world before the truth has time to get it's pants on. - Winston Churchhill

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X