You Trolls Are All Going To Jail!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You Trolls Are All Going To Jail!

Annoying someone via the Internet is now a federal crime.

http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-anno...2491&subj=news

Originally posted by teh govmint
    "Whoever...utilizes any device or software that can be used to originate telecommunications or other types of communications that are transmitted, in whole or in part, by the Internet... without disclosing his identity and with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any person...who receives the communications...shall be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than two years, or both."
    :jerkit2yf :911flag: :jerkit2yf :911flag: :jerkit2yf :911flag: :jerkit2yf :911flag:

Any legal types care to comment?
    You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Who , What , When , How ?

OMGWTFAHHHHGDSOBWTFMAG!!!!

*edit*

I was expecting a parody site ... this is very very disturbing and I am expecting to see a drop in political debate web wide .

Biography
    Declan McCullagh is CNET News.com's Washington, D.C., correspondent. He chronicles the busy intersection between technology and politics. Before that, he worked for several years as Washington bureau chief for Wired News. He has also worked as a reporter for The Netly News, Time magazine and HotWired.
    Last edited by BackFistMonkey; 1/09/2006 11:29am, .
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

This is against the First Amendment!

Comment

it most certianly is against the first ammendment........the first ammendment was made to annoy people...the english king did not like people writing crap about him so when we made America we made it a right to be able to put your opinion out there regardless of who it annoys

Comment

Originally posted by PirateJon
          Annoying someone via the Internet is now a federal crime.

http://news.com.com/Create+an+e-anno...2491&subj=news

:jerkit2yf :911flag: :jerkit2yf :911flag: :jerkit2yf :911flag: :jerkit2yf :911flag:

Any legal types care to comment?

Your post annoys me. Do I contact the local authorites or the FBI directly?
          Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.
          "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
          Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
          Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
          Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
          Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
          Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a pussy or just cruising for some
          I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
          TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
          ATTN TOM KAGAN
          World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
          Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
          I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
          Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Comment

Federal law and the Constitution does not apply to special agents.

Comment

Originally posted by Aesopian
              Federal law and the Constitution does not apply to special agents.
              CROSS-EXAMINATION

Where is your badge?

Comment

Originally posted by Wataru Akiyama
                CROSS-EXAMINATION

Where is your badge?
                CROSS-EXAMINATION

Where is your ankle bracelet?
                Originally posted by The Wastrel
                I think the forum's traditionally light-handed approach to moderation has become untenable.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought
                  CROSS-EXAMINATION

Where is your ankle bracelet?

Irrelevant!

Comment

Hey, didn't Bush say that the Constitution is just a piece of paper (I forget where I saw it, but it was big news, so I'm treating it as a common knowledge source, so as to not annoy academics and get arrested.)

I think Bush is just tired of being called an idiot on the web. (Merely speculation, not meant to annoy or get myself imprisoned)
                    :google:

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.

Comment

Originally posted by Wataru Akiyama
                      Irrelevant!
                      CROSS-EXAMINATION

Are you taking your chemical castration medication?

Comment

Originally posted by Aesopian
                        CROSS-EXAMINATION

Are you taking your chemical castration medication?

Hearsay.

Comment

Hey, on second thought, this is great news!

No more trolls for one.

Two, we could seriously defeat all the Dijimbes and Ashida Kim ninja wannabes one one fell swoop (or at least get them to disclose their true identities).

You go Mr. President!

Number of bottles of beer downed by me and my girlfriend within a half hour while playing the Channel 7 "how many times will they say 'snow' game" during the "Blizzard of '06": 3.5 each.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Kagan
                            Your post annoys me. Do I contact the local authorites or the FBI directly?
                            Your use of syntax and font is highly annoying to me.

I'm calling the police Mr. Kagan... if that is your real name...
                            because if it isn't you're in soooo much trouble...... :5oops:

Comment

Originally posted by Darkpaladin
                              Hey, on second thought, this is great news!

No more trolls for one.

Two, we could seriously defeat all the Dijimbes and Ashida Kim ninja wannabes one one fell swoop (or at least get them to disclose their true identities).

You go Mr. President!

Ashida Kim or Phil or the astral hedghog fucker could all go after us for our annoyance of them. Hell, the purpose the site is to expose theose fraud artists. I'm sure they find it annoying.
                              You can't make people smarter. You can expose them to information, but your responsibility stops there.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X