Kids Cage Fighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids Cage Fighting

This was posted before I bet, but I used the search function and didn't find anything so, flame me at will

MMA for kids

So what do you guys think of this ? I was talking to some people that thought this was a "crime" and the ppl responsible should be arrested, in my opinion its pretty cool to see kids practicing this sport, if throws, subs, and strikes are allowed separatly to kids in each martial arts why not mix it all up ? plus it was well organised, the match was stoped pretty quickly and the kids qhere trained and knew what they where doing.

The only think I see is the lack of head protection but strikes to the head where not allowed so its cool.

I know in Germany the let kids (7+ yrs old) do Eurosport JJ which is pretty much MMA lite. However they do wear headgear which should be done here.

Hell I did Judo, Kyokushin, and boxed as a kid so as long as there is a good ref, safety equipment is being used, and the kids want to do it with parents permission thie its all good.

Hell my oldest girl wants to do it and I have no problem as long as safety is first.
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Comment

My little cousin KO'ed me when he was 9 or 10. Right cross to the jaw. I used to spar with him a lot, now, at 14 he can kick the ass of just about any kid his age.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky Seven
        This was posted before I bet, but I used the search function and didn't find anything so, flame me at will

MMA for kids

So what do you guys think of this ? I was talking to some people that thought this was a "crime" and the ppl responsible should be arrested, in my opinion its pretty cool to see kids practicing this sport, if throws, subs, and strikes are allowed separatly to kids in each martial arts why not mix it all up ? plus it was well organised, the match was stoped pretty quickly and the kids qhere trained and knew what they where doing.
        Not surprising that some people think it's a crime. A lot still think MMA for adults should be criminalized for that matter. There is always a soccer mom or plain Bob dad who will take his kid out of a MA class at the first sign of a bruise or overextended tendon.

I think it is cool. BJJ, Judo, Wrestling (and other MA to name a few) teach kids and let them go at it in a controlled environment. So this is just an extension of it.

BUT....
        The only think I see is the lack of head protection but strikes to the head where not allowed so its cool.
        That's what shocked me, and at first, I though "this is just fucking wrong" - that's the impression I got, me who wants to put my nephews in a MA school as early as possible. And why, because of the lack of head protections.

Strikes to the head may not be allowed, but they can happen, even if by accident. Plus, there is the psychological factor when you present this version of the sport for kids to the general public. We don't see kids in the same light as adults. When we see them, it's our nature to be overprotective. Our that-shit-is-wrong radar goes up blimping with red lights flashing all over.

Ergo, headgear should be a requirement, at least to make the sport more palatable to the general public. Otherwise, just wait for Senator Dumbass-McCain to see this to make it a PR campaing.

I like the fact that they are wearing wrestling shoes (specially since I almost fucked up my big toe bursa during BJJ a few days ago). Kids certainly should wear those shoes. I would say they should also wear mandatory ankle and knee graps. Make it safe, without compromising the art, but at the same time, make it more palatable to the general public. Otherwise, MMA for kids will have a harder time getting acceptance.
        Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

I figured my little cousin and his friends would do OK with the rule "No closed fist strikes to the head, only palms/slaps" so he pinned his friend, pushed his face into the mat with one hand and started hammering the back of his head with palms, if I hadn't stopped him, he'd have given the kid a concussion.

So I had to make a "no headshots" rule, and not because my cousin couldn't take it, he'd have been fine, but not all kids can take a good shot to the head.

That said, no headshots (at least no OPTION of headshots) for competition is just gay. It doesn't prepare them for real MMA competition.

As a kid, I could not have taken headshots in competition, but I don't ever plan on fighting pro. For a kid who does want to (or at least has the potential to) I think the option should be there. My cousin, and my younger brother, could both have handled them in competition at an early age. They're like machines, impervious to pain or damage from headshots, I've never seen either one complain after being smashed in the face, and I don't mean love tapped, I mean head-bouncing-off-pavement. Some people are not easily concussed.

Comment

that was disturbing and totally uneeded. What is the point? These MMA gyms for the most part suck ass anyway. No technique, all spazzy strength. There is sooo much more to learn before doing that shit in the ring, save it for when you become an adult.
            I wonder if those kids REALLY wanted to fight? Are were they coaxed into it? Brainwashed? It was kind of like watching those young girls in beauty pagents. I saw plenty of opportunity there to improve their game rather than doing something stupid like going into the cage.

On a side note, cage fighting is lame. Why? It favors the wrestler. Whoever gets the takedown, squish them against the fence and wail away. There is little need for BJJ. Sprawl and brawl or ground and pound. I am willing to bet if the kids keep up with this, in two years - they will be burned out and tired of doing this crap. By the time they are in their twenties, I am sure they won't even be doing this shit.

Comment

I wish I was doing MMA when I was a little kid
              Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Kidspatula
                I wish I was doing MMA when I was a little kid

YOU are a little kid.

Comment

Lotion, shut the fuck up.

Comment

MMA for kids

As long as there are ABSOLUTELY NO RULES I don't have a problem with it.

Comment

Originally posted by I Choke You
                      Lotion, shut the fuck up.
                      I CHoke You - go suck a dick and die.

Hey why just stop at kids??? Why not toddlers?? It would be really 'cute'.
                      Last edited by Lotion; 1/08/2006 3:13pm, .

Comment

go suck a dick
                        I've tried, but I can't reach my own, I'm not that flexible, and someone else's would just be nasty.

and die
                        I will, but you should still shut the fuck up.

Comment

Toddlers are not responsible enough, I wouldn't say it's OK without supervision, but really, you're a fucking faggot, and you need to shut the fuck up.

Comment

toddlers are not responsible enough but little ass wipe kids are?? Like I said, lets see how good these kids get training like they do. I am betting, they don't make it too far in a 'sport' that is for the most part lame.
                            Oh about me being a faggot :gaygay: well .......it may be a bit true, but this faggot can kick man ass.
                            Last edited by Lotion; 1/08/2006 3:17pm, .

Comment

Toddlers are barely sentient enough to be considered human beings. They're cute, but it'd be like having two turtles fight eachother.
                              Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X