Lord of the Realm 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lord of the Realm 3

Now this game comes highly recommended to me by my cousin in Perth (Western Australia).

Has anyone played it ? I have no experiance with it but I'm curious as to the whole medi-evil strategy scene and it sounds really entertaining. On a similar note can anyone point me in the direction of similar strategy games which would be just as good.
    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Play Age of Mythology instead. If you're bent on playing a medieval game, play Age of Empires 2 and miss out on the Norse.

Comment

The original Lords Of The Realm rocks. The 2nd version is terrible. I've never played the third. I'll have to check it out.

Comment

LOTR2 was one of the best strategy games I ever played, until I played Hearts of Iron.

I recommend these games:

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/...play.php?f=302

If you want strategy, they're flat out the best I've ever found.

Comment

Rome total war. Everything else is just lame.

Comment

Rome: Total was is awsome.

The only problem is it's too detailed and it takes a long time for things to happen. Age of Empires 2 on the other hand has got good detail yet things move a little quicker.
            Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

Rome Total War is pathetic. It's all flash, no substance.

Hearts of Iron II is the best strategy game I've played, hands down.

Comment

Great.

Thanks for all your help guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal
                  Great.

Thanks for all your help guys.
                  Well, at least we kept your thread near the top. There's still hope for an answer to your question.

Comment

Oh, to answer your question, the game sucks, 1 and 2 were great for their times, but 3 is outdated and pathetic.

Comment

For their times? LotR 1 is a great game, period. I spend about an hour a month playing video or computer games, but LotR is one of the few in which I indulge.

Comment

I'm not saying they are not still fun. Just that LOTR 3 is too much like LOTR 1 & 2 to be a good "new" game.

Furthermore, NONE of them can POSSIBLY compare with Crusader Kings or any of the other Paradox games. The game engines are technically so far superior and complex that I would say LOTR is to Crusader Kings as Ice Hockey for the Atari 2600 is to NHL 2K6 for the XBox 360.

Comment

Originally posted by haughty
                          For their times? LotR 1 is a great game, period. I spend about an hour a month playing video or computer games, but LotR is one of the few in which I indulge.
                          Right, why not come clean and state how it really is.

You game all the time and train not with the kind of posts and replies you add to the forum it is rather obvious you have no skill at all other than being a rather lame mouth boxer.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X