Benny "The Jet" Highlight Video

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Benny "The Jet" Highlight Video

I did a search and found nothing, so I figured you guys could enjoy this highlight vid of one of the most talented American Kickboxing champions.

Click Me!

Even if you aren't a fan of him or American Kickboxing...just look at the way he moves! Footwork, fluidity...with a bit of grappling experience and a more recent birthdate, I bet he could have cleaned up in MMA.

Enjoy.
    Originally posted by Exodus
    Helio was submitted by Kimura

Benny "the jet" was nice. Too bad he came at a time when kickboxing wasn't popular. I think he would have been good in K-1 today or MMA if he had some ground training. Did you see that throw?

Comment

Awesome footwork. His spinning back kicks looked fast and powerful too. Nice.

Comment

Benny does indeed kick ass.

That song was god aweful though.

Loved the footage from that fght where he's getting knocked over, smiles about it, and then proceeds to box that guy's head in for like 30 seconds straight.

Comment

His Karate class they showed in the clip looked cool. If karate and the other TMA's had more good instruction like that, this country would be producing a TON of great fighters. The competition in kickboxing and MMA would be on another level.

Comment

Originally posted by Dai Tenshi

That song was god aweful though.
            Hey, I'm digging a Clutch song in a highlight video way better than the nu-metal or Eminem in every other one.

Comment

Holy crap, isn't that the Dance of Death he's doing in that classroom clip?

*edit*
              Now that I'm done watching that video...I gotta start practicing my spinning back kick again.
              Last edited by Jaguar Wong; 12/28/2005 1:25pm, .
              Jaguar's MMA record
              pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
              post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
              - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Comment

Originally posted by QuickJab
                Benny "the jet" was nice. Too bad he came at a time when kickboxing wasn't popular. I think he would have been good in K-1 today or MMA if he had some ground training. Did you see that throw?
                It was popular. Used to come on every friday on ESPN. PKA.

He helped make kickboxing popular.

Legit badass too, BB in JUDO under Gene Lebell.

From what I have read Rorion Gracie challenged him, he accepted, and then Rorion backed out citing legal reasons or something.

Comment

He also went to Thailand and fought many Thai fighters under Thai rules. Cool thing is he rarely threw leg kicks in Thai matches.

Comment

You can't take 63 fights away from somebody. The only problem with that reel is the lack of inclusion of any Gross Pointe Blank scenes :)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCache
                      You can't take 63 fights away from somebody. The only problem with that reel is the lack of inclusion of any Gross Pointe Blank scenes :)

yes. We needed more footage of Grosse Pointe Blank or its "prequel", Say Anything.

My sensei actually got to fight Benny. Couldn't stop talking about how fast he was and how he'd use moves you wouldn't normally consider safe to finish opponents (like crescents and jumping spinning kicks). Said that he was also among one of the nicest fellows he'd met.

Benny came and did some sparring with the black belts and held a class or two. Would have been most excellent.

GE

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCache
                        You scored cool points for mentioning that movie.

I think I may have to develop a tactical pen that acts as a stabbing device when confronted with psycho kickboxer hitmen...

Comment

Originally posted by GodEater
                          yes. We needed more footage of Grosse Pointe Blank or its "prequel", Say Anything.
                          GE
                          Wait..."Say Anything" was its prequel? From the movie summaries, it doesn't look in any way connected to Grosse Point Blank...aside from John Cusack.

Am I missing something?

Comment

no no, I was kidding.

I always get a chuckle out of the similarities of the two films and some of the repeated cast.

GE

Comment

he was a great fighter-- he actually fought my teacher back in the day and beat the crap out of him... good times

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X