Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zero Idiot Tolerance

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Zero Idiot Tolerance

    One of the things that makes Bullshido unique among Martial Arts websites out there is our policies that encourage open discussion and debate on the issues that face Martial Artists. These policies will continue to be how business is done around here, and as always, guided by the principle of rooting out BS in the Martial Arts.

    However... our hospitality and openness has been mistaken by some to mean that we encourage trolling and idiotic posts. This has never been the case but up until recently we haven't done much about it. Consequently, it's been pretty difficult to be banned around here.

    If you haven't noticed, that's changed. We still do not care if you have an issue with things people have said here, or even if you're going to rant and curse in the course of making your point(s). But we do expect that you have a point to make, and make that point with at least a basic degree of clarity using basic English skills.

    Some of the things that will be earning insta-bans (for varying periods of times):

    1. Starting shitty threads. We're tired of seeing posts that are nothing more than a line or two of text accompanied by a link. We're not here to do your thinking for you, post your own thoughts on the subject you wish to discuss if you want feedback on them. If it's worthy of posting a new thread about, then it's worth enough time for you to type a paragraph or two. Which leads us to...

    2. Failing to search for existing threads and beating dead horses long since turned to glue by senior forum members. Yes, we created the Your Martial Art Sucks forum to discuss things that have already been gone over, but that's because there are occasonally new views and developments on old subjects. This is completely different than starting a thread saying "Hay guys Ashida Kim/Taekwondo/Phil Elmore sucks".

    Notice a trend here? We're tired of shitty threads. If you have a half-ass comment to make, make it in an existing thread.

    If you have an actual point, or some new insight on a subject, unless it's in one of the non-serious forums like GBS or Trollshido, then feel free to start a thread and earn the respect of your fellow Bullies by contributing to discussion here.

    And another thing, if you do incur a temporary ban, suck it the fuck up and go back to lurking for a while to learn how things are done. Do not re-register an account unless you want to be banned permenantly.

    #2
    Originally posted by Skepti-Claus
    1. Starting shitty threads. We're tired of seeing posts that are nothing more than a line or two of text accompanied by a link. We're not here to do your thinking for you, post your own thoughts on the subject you wish to discuss if you want feedback on them. If it's worthy of posting a new thread about, then it's worth enough time for you to type a paragraph or two. Which leads us to...
    [SIZE=ENORMOUS]SO I TAKE PIZDOFF IS GONE FOREVER?[/ENORMOUS]

    Comment


      #3
      How about banning the pile of 15 year old faggots who managed to turn bullshido into the Fark Anime Discussion Forum? The fastest (final) solution will probably be to create an automatic script that bans anyone born before 1985 who lists a japanese style. Good luck man
      Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

      Comment


        #4
        Finally. I get that the theory behind not banning people was that they'd get laughed off of the board, but that didn't really work. And there are probably people who took the advice of those people (just look at the kiddies fellating Djimbe at Gamefaqs) and are now dead.

        Now, all we have to do is draw the line for "shitty threads".

        Also, I was tempted to just post "tl;dr".

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by feedback
          How about banning the pile of 15 year old faggots who managed to turn bullshido into the Fark Anime Discussion Forum? The fastest (final) solution will probably be to create an automatic script that bans anyone born before 1985 who lists a japanese style. Good luck man
          I was born in 1986 and do a Japanese-sounding style (zhoo zhitzu), but don't watch anime. Therefore, the plan is flawed.

          Comment


            #6
            What about fuckers who promise evidence, and then refuse to produce it? (KFDW.... 3SS)
            "Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities." Voltaire.

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Abominable Snowman
              Finally. I get that the theory behind not banning people was that they'd get laughed off of the board, but that didn't really work. And there are probably people who took the advice of those people (just look at the kiddies fellating Djimbe at Gamefaqs) and are now dead.

              Now, all we have to do is draw the line for "shitty threads".

              Also, I was tempted to just post "tl;dr".
              It often takes months to laugh someone off the board, in the meantime such idiots replicate like salmonella.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Abominable Snowman
                I was born in 1986 and do a Japanese-sounding style (zhoo zhitzu), but don't watch anime. Therefore, the plan is flawed.
                No, because I don't like you either.
                Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

                Comment


                  #9
                  I'll start drafting my last will and testament now then.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Originally posted by Dancer
                    I'll start drafting my last will and testament now then.
                    Same here.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      23, and honestly I think I don't really care all that much for anime anymore. Guess living there just sort of over-exposed it out of me.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        GBS is generally open for discussion on just about any topic. However, if you're a fucking pedo furry who wacks off to the Chipmunk's Movie, keep it to yourself or you'll earn yourself a ban. None of that shit is relevant to discussing Martial Arts, and we don't want anyone like you associated with us.

                        First and foremost, this is a community. We might argue with each other and have different opinions on things, but we know our own. Either be one of us, or expect to get stomped.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Skepti-Claus
                          if you're a fucking pedo furry who wacks off to the Chipmunk's Movie, keep it to yourself or you'll earn yourself a ban.
                          Wait, is that the end for Wataru then?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Sounds good to me, I was getting tired of Janggoon's "Judo effective?!!11onetwo" threads

                            btw I'm only a stupid 18 year old kid but that doesnt mean I get turned on by drawned animals matting *looks at Wataru*

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Wait! Someone should post examples of good threads to help the masses overcome their newbness. * tap, tap, tap * Nah, that'll never work.

                              but just in case ...
                              Shut the hell up and train.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X