X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Links?

Comment

Wow.
      The longest shot seems to have been 200 meters ( not the big a deal for a trained sniper), it seems that there is more than one, the styles look different and the rifle sounds different in some shots, I assume if its an Iraqi, he was trained by the russians.

Comment

Well now that was a disturbing walk through humanity . Where did those video clips come from ?

Bush declares war ... Iraq tries to defend itself ( patheticly )

U.S. invades and take over ... the people revert to guorilla tactics

U.S. bombs them ... they suicide bomb us

U.S. snipes them .. they snipe us ...

God damn it I hate this shit ... good people are going to continue to be needlessly gunned down , both soldiers and civilians on both sides ...

Comment

I wonder if they ripped that off the black dude in 'Gladiator'?

I remember first time I saw that movie I was like 'har, har, lets's name the token black man after a town in Sudan, BUT REALLY IT'S AN ACCURATE NAME CAUSE MODERN GREEKS FOUNDED IT AND ROMANS ARE SIMILAR AM I RIGHT GUYS AM I RIGHT??!?!?!'

So, yeah, weird stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey

God damn it I hate this shit ... good people are going to continue to be needlessly gunned down , both soldiers and civilians on both sides ...
            Needlessly? I imagine the first generation of Iraqi children born into freedom won't see it as needless. Much less the young girls raped by Uday Hussein or the families of the Kurds his father gassed.

Comment

Originally posted by Phrost
              Needlessly? I imagine the first generation of Iraqi children born into freedom won't see it as needless. Much less the young girls raped by Uday Hussein or the families of the Kurds his father gassed.
              yeah now they can be raped american style .... on tape ...

Comment

Oh please god no. . .

Comment

Ok Ok sorry ... had to get the troll out of me ... I was way less than halfway serious ,but seriously this was/is about money . The only thing the people who made the decision to go to War had in mind was Liberating a closed market and raising stock prices .

Phrost dont pretend this is about helping Iraqis . This is about selling guns and opening markets .

Comment

Originally posted by BackFistMonkey
                    This is about selling guns and opening markets .
                    If it was about that, we could have had the embargos and sanctions lifted and continue as we had for the previous 2 decades, or violated the embargos and sanctions like many other countries did.

No need to go to war and waste 2000 lives and $200 billion to do that.

Comment

Based on the bosnian experience, the definition of sniper in this context often means some dude who leans out a window and empties a clip on full auto...

Becoming a real sniper is a craft - real Canadian and US snipers would snear at being put in the same category as these chumps. (As for the 200m, I believe the longest confirmed sniper kill is a Canadian sniper in Afghanistan at something like 2500m. That is a fucking shot!).

Comment

Originally posted by Grashnak
                        I believe the longest confirmed sniper kill is a Canadian sniper in Afghanistan at something like 2500m. That is a fucking shot!).
                        .50 Cal: When you absolutely, positively, have to put a hole the size of a volleyball in somebody at a mile out, there is no substitute.

Comment

Originally posted by Grashnak
                          Based on the bosnian experience, the definition of sniper in this context often means some dude who leans out a window and empties a clip on full auto...

Becoming a real sniper is a craft - real Canadian and US snipers would snear at being put in the same category as these chumps. (As for the 200m, I believe the longest confirmed sniper kill is a Canadian sniper in Afghanistan at something like 2500m. That is a fucking shot!).
                          http://brianhayes.com/2005/08/world-sniper-record.html

2,430 metres.

Sounds pretty crazy. ^_^

Comment

Damn, that's fuckin' bad-ass! Snipe him from a couple miles away then shit on his chest! FUCK TERRORISM!

EDIT: And he's Canadian!? Hell yes!

Comment

Dont get ahead of yourself. The shitstorm isnt over yet.

Comment

Sorry, Phrost, but this is absurd. "Born into freedom"? With the new Iraqi constitution threatening strict Islamic sharia law, it's a disaster for pretty much every woman in Iraq. Formerly, under Iraqi secular law, there was no necessity for Iraqi women to adhere to the Islamic dress code; and it goes further, with a great many rights women had under the old regime being stripped away. Drinking alcohol is likely to become illegal. Freedom is something Iraqis will be giving up a lot of if the current course continues. And even that would still be preferable to seeing the regions fracture into ethnic infighting.

Right now, of course, the situation is much worse in many ways, with gas and electricity consistently being cut off for lengthy periods in many urban areas, certainly very heavily in Baghdad. Torture houses run by Iraqi security forces or any of a myriad other groups exist in numbers, "disappearances" are commonplace (and before you comment, we're talking orders of magnitude more commonplace than in Hussein's time) and bombers are responsible for a steady dribble of deaths; and all this before we even consider the impact of the American forces themselves and any "collateral damage" they're producing.

The gassing of the Kurds, as you probably know, refers to some incidents on the front lines of the Iran-Iraq war in which many Kurdish factions had allied with Iran. While unpleasant, it took place as acts of admittedly dirty war, rather than ongoing genocide on a civilian population, and the last of those attacks took place in 1988. Uday's crimes are neither here nor there when considering the good of the country as a whole. Caligula and Nero were psychopaths, but the Roman Empire prospered under their rule regardless.

Has Iraq benefited from being invaded? Not in the slightest. There has been and still is some potential for a government kinder to the people than Hussein's regime to get into power, but it's slipping away fast. Whether or not this renders the original reasons for invasion any more or less valid is up for debate, but it's already looking risible to argue that Iraq will somehow be better off long term as a result.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X