Office... GREAT show.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Office... GREAT show.

So there's this GREAT awesome show called, "Office." It also relates very much with Bullshido. You see there's a guy on the show named Dwight. Dwight is a Purple belt in "GO-JEW RIE-YOU KA-RAW-TAY." And he is also a "Senpai." Which, according to him, can not be understood by non-trained people, because it's a position that is almost as highly respected as a Sensei... but you wouldn't understand.

It's like office space, but on TV! It's really freaking funny. One of the few reasons why I still have a television (other than my PS2 and etc.).

Things to note from tonight's episode:

- Hilarious point sparring match (I'm not joking).
    - Dwight front stancing and double punching his boss in the stomach.
    - The people forging the boss' signature to get out of the office on time.
    - The people in the office moving Dwight's desk to the men's bathroom.

Also, as I write this sentence, I found out that this show has been on for over a season already. I feel like an idiot posting this, but I'm doing it anyway, because I have principals damn it!

Of course, the great hilarity of this show was killed by the horribly depressing obscurity of Law & Order: SVU.

But now Southpark's on, so WOOT! I have my new tuesday night TV routine! YAY!

Bullcrap, that law and order was good.

Comment

OMG it was. But it was so depressing to know that shit like that actually exists. It made me want to slit my wrists (in a non-suicidal but more depressed type of way.).

Comment

Yeah The Office is a great show. It's based on a very popular sitcom in the UK called (wait for it) The Office, which is perhaps the greatest sitcom ever made. When the press over here heard that there was going to be an American remake, there was a general outcry, but after watching the first series of the "american" Office I think it stands up on it's own.

The basketball episode in particular was one fucking funny piece of TV.

Comment

I think I may need to buy the first season...

Comment

You should also have a look at the British version. Painfully funny.
            http://www.bbc.co.uk/comedy/theoffice/

Comment

Havent seen any of the 'merican series (fockin 'stralia) but the British one is indeed one of the best shows Ive seen, easily up there with scrubs, IMO

Comment

I thought all you yankees hated it?

Comment

Nope. I <3 it so very freaking much.

Comment

The american series is actually very different, it's got this sort of creeping humor . . . it doesn't start to get funny until like, your second episode.

Comment

I could'nt watch the UK version of the office, It was too real. Sorta like watching a slo mo train wreck. I've known too many putzes that act just like that pratt to find it funny.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCache
                        The american series is actually very different, it's got this sort of creeping humor . . . it doesn't start to get funny until like, your second episode.
                        I disagree. It took all of 30 seconds to have me on the floor laughing.

Then again, I have a fucked up sense of humor and awkward situations are hilarious to me.
                        "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCache
                          Yeah I agree. The first episode was actually an almost carbon-copy of the first episode of the British one, and it wasn't especially funny. But when it started doing it's own thing it was much better,

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X