Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post your Halloween costume photos

I went as an emo kid (right) but not many people knew what that was :(

The problem is you nailed the look, so they just thought you were a lazy teen that didn't feel like dressing up. You gotta treat it like a caricature, and go all out. Everything that's typical emo should be maxed out. The box frames need to be thicker and darker, the hair needs to be darker and messier, you need obnoxious amounts of wrist and finger jewelry, and the shirt isn't anywhere near tight, nor vintage (ie faded) enough. Neither is the track jacket.

The clothes and hair are way too comfortable looking, and you need a rather large emo band belt buckle...one that we would see and say "your taste in music sucks". Make sure your shirt is either too short to cover the belt buckle, or else you have to tuck the front behind the buckle only.
    Jaguar's MMA record
    pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
    post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
    - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Comment

JW, why do you know so much about emo culture?
      "Prison is for rapists, thieves and murderers. If you lock someone up for smoking a plant that makes them happy, you're the fucking criminal." - Joe Rogan

El Guapo says dance!

Comment

http://www.dobi.nu/emo/girls.htm
        http://www.dobi.nu/emo/boys.htm
        Originally posted by Osiris
        Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

Comment

I'll post mine when I get them from my friend's camera.
          Originally posted by Osiris
          Imagine if track was run like the martial arts community. While the winning teams would just sprint down the field, smoking the competition, you'd have a bunch of losers running around explaining how they can skip down the track just as fast. Never mind that it doesn't fucking work. Oh no, they're too fast for track. They run on the STREET.

Comment

I didn't wear a costume :(
            Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

Haha! very emo, or should i say tes emoque? Ppeople down here in Melbourne don't get hit as hard with the whole emo thing as 'mericans do, so it a shame, given it looked the part :P Now for attention whorage, fresh from a haloween dressup party! Im the guy reppin the bayside, fresh outta the pen, yo!

Comment

my lord! I had no idea this stuff was happening in victoria.

Comment

Last edited by Dr. Fagbot Q. MacGillicuddy, PhD; 11/10/2005 8:37am, .
                  Originally posted by Hedgehogey
                  FORM AN ACROBATIC BRIDGE ACROSS OMEGA'S GOOCH
                  Originally posted by Kidspatula
                  Bleep bleep blip bloop

Comment

I like the Metallica reference at the end, I can actually see that happening.
                    SON OF ODIN

My Punching with Power article

Comment

Originally posted by chaosexmachina
                      JW, why do you know so much about emo culture?
                      LOL, you caught me *tucks shirt behind Thrice belt buckle*!

My sister-in-law is really into emo, and I tease her about it constantly. I make fun of her friends all the time too, but I think they're too scared to tell me to stop and just laugh uncomfortably whenever I do that. I feel sort of bad when that happens, but then I see the CDs they're listening too and then I crack another gay tight pants joke and then go home.

She's starting to listen to more rap music, though. But it's more of a joke for her, because it's funny to see two emo girls in a Jetta bumping Ludacris. So I told her if she was serious I have some quality stuff she can listen to (NAS, 2Pac, De La Soul, Blackalicious, Mos Def, etc). But then she asked if she could borrow The Chronic 2001 instead.
                      Jaguar's MMA record
                      pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
                      post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
                      - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Comment

I just carried around a replica of the hellraiser box.

If you really want to see what passed for a costume this year, I have pics of me holding it.

Comment

Ehh, mine turned out okay, not quite what I was hoping but I scared off the first couple kids with the Exorcist music and me answering the door spraying blood out of the syringe. Nobody else has come yet :P

SON OF ODIN

My Punching with Power article

Comment

Koto, very nice lookin, its a shame i more people dont get to be shitscared by you :P I answered the door in my outfit, with my hands cuffed and the shiv in my front pocket. When they said 'trick or treat' I eyed them off for long enough for them to feel awkward then I got them their damn candy. Damn kids these days, dont get scared easily enough, Im gonna put more effort in...

my lord! I had no idea this stuff was happening in victoria.
                            This kinda stuff is happenin? In victoria? Where?

Comment

One thing I've noticed with this Halloween is that there were fewer ninjas this year.Perhaps our days of ninja attacks have passed?

Edit:Only one kid ,as a matter of ,fact came to my door last night dressed as a ninja.
                              Last edited by CanucKyokushin; 11/01/2005 10:43am, .
                              [img=http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2364/8026700123940loij9.th.jpg]

"God damn America" --Muammar al-Gaddafi

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X