Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New deadlift world record set by an Icelander

http://www.gringo.is/kallarnir/bened...msmet-divx.avi
    Last edited by Draven; 10/31/2005 7:26pm, .

Magnus is there because it's his son. And yes it's extremely impressive. He also squats 800lbs and benches over 500.
    Legendary Street Fighter

Comment

Actually the unofficial record is held by former Bullshido member dijimbe . He deadlifted 1100 pounds ! according to Tigerfly that is .

*notice the dijimbe-esque punctuation*
      Jaguar's MMA record
      pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
      post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
      - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Comment

426 kg? :new_sleep

Jaguar is correct.

Djimbe deadlifted more than that.

Comment

Originally posted by Honor
          Magnus is there because it's his son. And yes it's extremely impressive. He also squats 800lbs and benches over 500.
          http://media.putfile.com/benni
          Last edited by Draven; 10/31/2005 1:06pm, .

Comment

I wonder if it was the Ram's testicles that gave him the boost! Fermented shark flesh, whale blubber? Hmmmmmm......
            “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Wong
              Actually the unofficial record is held by former Bullshido member dijimbe . He deadlifted 1100 pounds ! according to Tigerfly that is .

*notice the dijimbe-esque punctuation*
              Damn!!! you beat me to it!

Comment

http://www.69.is/fazmo-hallgrimur/ly...ge%f0veiki.MOV

A video with Benedikt playing around with some bodybuilders in his gym, and no...its not what you think it is...perverts. Its just a vid that shows how ridiculously strong that mofo is.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueSamurai
                  Oh I hate to admit it but you are right. I'm not sure why some power lifters had told me that. They're possibly related though. And apparently he now squats close to 900lbs and benches over 600. This kid's a monster!
                  Legendary Street Fighter

Comment

For the powerlifters out there, is that good form? I've never been a power lifter of any sort, but it doesn't seem like he's really using his legs to full effect.

Comment

I think Andy Bolton has him beat actually. Bolton's one of those on the cusp of the 1000lb deadlift.
                      SON OF ODIN

My Punching with Power article

Comment

Boltons record is 933 so no, he does not beat this kid when it comes to the Deadlifts.

And Benedikt is still improving, just imagine what he will be able to lift in 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by RogueSamurai
                          Boltons record is 933 so no, he does not beat this kid when it comes to the Deadlifts.

And Benedikt is still improving, just imagine what he will be able to lift in 5 years.
                          Andy doing 425kg (937lbs), which is an official lift too btw.

He missed the 1003, but he's gotten more than Benni in training.

EDIT: Said Magnus instead of Benni.
                          Last edited by VikingPower; 10/31/2005 7:37pm, .
                          SON OF ODIN

My Punching with Power article

Comment

Originally posted by kepetri
                            For the powerlifters out there, is that good form? I've never been a power lifter of any sort, but it doesn't seem like he's really using his legs to full effect.
                            That's how the heavier lifts are done. Less energy is used this way.
                            Legendary Street Fighter

Comment

Originally posted by kepetri
                              Nah, its a crap form..I mean, he only managed to lift like...940 pounds. Someone should teach him how to do it correctly.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X