Suggestions of a good martial art?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestions of a good martial art?

Yes, it is me again, -_- I stopped doing chi quite a while ago, I would like to become a martial arts master. Does anyone have good suggestion of a good martial art? :5thanks: ^_^

I've heard that if you mix Wing Chun, Aikido and Taekwondo you will become invincible.

Comment

Erm.. how do you stop doing chi... I'm guessing you mean chi kung exercises? Your knowledge of something you say you do is obviously formidable.

You'd like to become a martial arts master? If thats all you want just say you are a master. Make a website and take pictures of yourself looking really cool doing incredible stuff to people that look rough. Then sell magic potions and immortality rings over the Internet.

Comment

You need videos of true martial arts masters to know how they would react in every situation.

Suggestion: rent Enter the Dragon, Game of Death, the Big Boss and Fists of Fury. Spew wise martial arts quotes with a Hong Kong accent like "it iz lik a finga pointing to da moon". Make whaaa-taa sounds, invest in plastic nunchucks.

And do Wushu. Ultimate Fighting Art but it's banned in the ring because it's too deadly.
        Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all shit like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
        I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
        what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Comment

The only way to be a true master is to catch them all...

...oops... I've said to much... here come the ninjas to assassinate me!

PL

Comment

Originally posted by Poop-Loops
            The only way to be a true master is to catch them all...

...oops... I've said to much... here come the ninjas to assassinate me!

PL
            Run Frodo! The dark riders have returned!

Comment

Remember, you have to look inside yourself to find "the Master."

That's the only way you'll get the glow in time to beat Sho-Nuff.

Comment

Thank you, I have been quite intersted in the martial arts world even since I stopped doing Shotokan. I realise I made an complete ass of myself and I aplogize for that. I have ben serching throught the internet and I think I found something of interst. Tell me what you think. http://www.lotusclubjiujitsu.com/FBJJ/
                I would like to learn from you guys. Thank you.

Comment

This is a strangely civilised thread. Or did everyone just get so tired of the 'wot is b3st thx' question that the only good answer is "Hey, well... y'ever thought about...?"

Comment

It's early yet. Lot of people are still in church.

That BJJ club looks pretty nice.
                    Last edited by JohnnyCache; 10/30/2005 11:24am, .

Comment

FUCK ORF NOOOOB LOLOLOLL DURHURHUR ect.

Comment

Originally posted by theoutsider
                        Thank you, I have been quite intersted in the martial arts world even since I stopped doing Shotokan. I realise I made an complete ass of myself and I aplogize for that. I have ben serching throught the internet and I think I found something of interst. Tell me what you think. http://www.lotusclubjiujitsu.com/FBJJ/
                        I would like to learn from you guys. Thank you.
                        HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!

THAT'S THE SCHOOL I GO TO!!! GO THERE NOW!!! IT'S AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PL

Comment

PL,

Guide this poor initiate into the realm of th live training. We can mold him into...well..something that doesn't suck.

The responsibility for this one is now yours.
                          And lo, Kano looked down upon the field and saw the multitudes. Amongst them were the disciples of Uesheba who were greatly vexed at his sayings. And Kano spake: "Do not be concerned with the mote in thy neighbor's eye, when verily thou hast a massive stick in thine ass".

--Scrolls of Bujutsu: Chapter 5 vs 10-14.

Comment

Fuck, I won't be back in class until December at least! But trust me, man, GO THERE. The instructor is awesome and last time I was there, there were no assholes in class or anything like that.

It's kind of expensive, but well worth it. Go for the competitor's program the first month if you want a free gi and private lesson. :P

PL

Comment

Thank you, I will try. ^_^

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X