Halloween Fun (for the kids)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halloween Fun (for the kids)

Here's my first attempt at a non-standard jack-o-lantern. I usually draw some funky eyes, nose and mouth and just cut it out with a large knife, but this year I got one of those pumpkin masters carving kits (those $3 disposable ones), drew my own template (because the kids wanted Jack Skellington instead of Godzilla), and just gave it a shot.

The photo's bad because I had to take it with the flash off, and I'm not a professional photographer.

I put the food post icon because it's a pumpkin.
    Jaguar's MMA record
    pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
    post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
    - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

dude thats a grea jacko lantern.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaguar Wong

I put the food post icon because it's a pumpkin.
      I lol'd

But that is one bad ass jack o' lantern.
      How long did it take ?

Comment

Originally posted by Deliciousness
        I lol'd

But that is one bad ass jack o' lantern.
        How long did it take ?
        It took a while to draw the stupid thing (I drew it on a piece of paper then transfered it to the pumpkin with that perforating tool they provide). I spent like an hour with my sketchbook just figuring out what to do, then when I finally figured it out, I drew the final template in 20 minutes.

The carving was about three hours (including cleaning the pumpkin, cutting the skullcap off and gutting it with an icecream scoop). I never used those carving saws before, so I took my time to make sure I was doing it right. I got the head done in an hour and a half (I at least wanted the kids there for that part), then when I got them to bed, I finished the neck and collar and cleaned up the edges.

I think I'll have to try more than one pumpkin next year...with the Bullshido Bull and whoever the forum nemesis is (Phil, Ashida, or some newcomer).
        Jaguar's MMA record

Comment

The pumpkin carving fu is strong in this one.
          Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

That is a GREAT jack-o-lantern.
            Rad ki was made up by adolescents. I do not know who created trad ki but it was not made by adolescents. your an ass dude, Im not being a little bitch you are, your past the level of a bitch. Your beyond Bitch! If im easting my time with ki and psi, then your wasting time to prove frauds, and all shit like that! -theoutsider

Kick boxing is ok, but don't expect do beat a man like Rickson Gracie with that. You need a real martial art. You need Xing Yi Quan. -Emptyflower

The splits, how ever, have a few martial uses. Doing the splits for me, can put my fists in testical strike range.

dont ignore the Art for the Martial or else your just kick boxing

Yes i am serious, there are kicks that can block punches. we have them in Moo duk kwan.
            I want to learn how to use them in case my arm gets broken in a fight.
            what would you have me do? if my arm gets broke, not block punches? -sempi-stone

Comment

I think I carved it too early. I thought it would be good for a few days, but living in a desert where it's still close to 80 degrees during the day (dry) isn't so great for pumpkins. All the little portuding parts are shriveling up, so he looks all gummy now. No one knew what it was at my party yesterday. Oh well, live and learn. I hope he's at least presentable tomorrow night.
              Jaguar's MMA record

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X