Covert Propaganda in the U.S.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Covert Propaganda in the U.S.

I hate this shit! The Bush administration paid your tax dollars to advance the "no child left behind" agenda. See the full story in the New York Times

Here are some snippets :gwbdance:

"In a blistering report, the investigators, from the Government Accountability Office, said the administration had disseminated "covert propaganda" in the United States, in violation of a statutory ban."

"At a news conference in January, Mr. Bush said: "We will not be paying commentators to advance our agenda. Our agenda ought to be able to stand on its own two feet.""

Caught in a lie ~ what a bitch! :owneddanc

But!

"The ruling comes with no penalty, but under federal law the department is supposed to report the violations to the White House and Congress."

HAHA! The King has immunity! :icon_conf

This sums up the whole issue in case you don't want to read the article:

"... accountability office said on Friday: "The failure of an agency to identify itself as the source of a prepackaged news story misleads the viewing public by encouraging the audience to believe that the broadcasting news organization developed the information. The prepackaged news stories are purposefully designed to be indistinguishable from news segments broadcast to the public. When the television viewing public does not know that the stories they watched on television news programs about the government were in fact prepared by the government, the stories are, in this sense, no longer purely factual. The essential fact of attribution is missing.""
    We are surrounded by warships and dont have time to talk. Please pray for us. One Somali Pirate.

America FUCK YEAH !

*yawns *

and the people will blink twice ... rub their sleepy eyes ... and go right back to sleep .
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out.
    BILL HICKS,
    1961-1994

"Never believe that anti-Semites are completely unaware of the absurdity of their replies. They know that their remarks are frivolous, open to challenge. But they are amusing themselves, for it is their adversary who is obliged to use words responsibly, since he believes in words. The anti-Semites have the right to play. They even like to play with discourse for, by giving ridiculous reasons, they discredit the seriousness of their interlocutors. They delight in acting in bad faith, since they seek not to persuade by sound argument but to intimidate and disconcert. If you press them too closely, they will abruptly fall silent, loftily indicating by some phrase that the time for argument is past."
    ---Jean-Paul Sartre

Comment

Wasn't he busted a while back for paying Maggie Gallagher for the same kind of stuff?

Comment

i've been trying to tell people this for years on internet forums. i have been called cynical, a conspiracy theorist, a communist and a freedom hater. but after this katrina caper people seem to be a lot more skeptical of the bush government, which i find really positive.

a little story: there were reporters from the fox network in iraq during the invasion who were given scripts to read which were written in america. they could not give their own opinion; often they had not seen anything except the inside of a hotel room anyway. that's a small example of how things have been going.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X