Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terminology: What is a Bullshidoka?

This REALLY needs to be cleared up.

People whore the phrase and sometimes it's really difficult to tell what they are talking about.
    Somebody who posts on Bullshido.net
    33.33%
    Somebody who trains in bullshit.
    66.67%

The poll is expired.

I've used it in both contexts, but from what I've read of other people (including the experienced members) it seems like it's just bullshit practitioners.

Comment

Someone who's an accepted member of the Bullshido forums is, appropriately, a "Bully". It's a facetious jab at the fact that we tend to scare the crap out of other websites, and are generally intolerant of craptastic martial artists.

Comment

We had this discussion a while back. And while no one seemed to agree with me then, I still haven't changed my mind.

IMO, we should be differentiating between bullshido and bullshido.net

As far as bullshidoka go, those would be people who train in bullshit. People here would simply be bullshido.net members.

So easy!

Comment

I still like "Bullies". To get all hoity toity, the use of the term in this context is a good example of the use of melioration and I still don't see a more appropriate term to sum up the culture of this place.

As a matter of fact, the term "Bully", as a pejorative, is used by people who don't understand human nature and social interactions. A better term to communicate the correct idea is "alpha male/female", because that's precicely what drives a person to "bully" anyone anyway; the instinctive desire to rid the social group of those who don't belong and are a threat to its success/stability.

In modern society, yes, this isn't necessarily a good thing. But in our case it is precicely what we're trying to do here. We're trying to "bully" the frauds and hucksters out of the MA community, be it through force of reason, or any of the other methods we employ.

Comment

So no one mines if I take a six-year-old blackbelt's lunch money?

Comment

He probably needed that money to pay for the black belt...

Comment

Then I'd be doing a good thing.

Comment

I don't like using the word bully, but hey, I guess its what everyone else calls us hahah.

Comment

Heh. "Bully" used to be mean "cool" in the 1800's or something.

"I dare say, Mr. Roosevelt, you licked and flummoxed that sport fighting midget quite thoroughly. Bully to you! Have a steam beer."

Comment

I think this became obvious after the "you might be a bullshidoka if... " thread got rolling. It sounded like it was originally started as a bullshidoka = poster on bullshido (since the original post was in reference to something jonnycache typed), but it quickly became "you're a practicer of bullshido if... "
                      Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

Bully sounds appropriate. I do remember someone comparing us to the Kobra Kai School in the Karate Kid.

Funny how McDojo students will use their fondest memory to compare us with a stereotypical MA school that a Writer had created.
                        [img=http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/2364/8026700123940loij9.th.jpg]

"God damn America" --Muammar al-Gaddafi

Comment

I'm not seeing enough pulverising or bitching in this thread.

I am displeased.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X