Messed up thing I saw last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Messed up thing I saw last night

After work last night myself and two of my colleagues were walking to our local pub, when we heard a huge *crash* and me being the nosey person I am, turned around to see what happened (I presumed a railing had fallen off the multi-storey car park we were standing near), and I saw a guy lying next to some bins, so I ran over to him, and turns out he had (presumably) jumped from the top of the carpark (it was about 6 stories high), landed on the metal hurricane fence (which had bent), then cascaded down onto the rubbish bins, then landed on the road. It took me a minute to register what was going on, but I looked at his head and the top section was pretty mashed, and there was a stream of blood going down the road - I could see bits of his skull, but somehow he was still alive.

There was another girl there just before me, and she called the ambulance and got some teatowells from across the road, which we used to support his head and try to stem the bleeding.

After a bit he started to ask what happened to him and said he felt like he was dying, and I didn't want to say "you jumped off the car park and you're a fucking mess" so I told him he slipped over (cos it was raining) and knocked his head and twisted his knee, and that if he tried to move he'd twist his knee worse (cos he was trying to get up, and obviously that would have made things worse)

Anyway there wasn't much we could do besides talk to him while we waited for the ambulance to arrive, and then when they did, I had to help lift him onto the stretcher, and the police came too and took our details.

After that, my friends and I were feeling a bit wierd, so we went to the pub and had a few beers, but I couldn't stop thinking:

a) Maybe there's something to be said for being somewhat desensitized to gore, because a lot of people were too freaked out to go near the guy

b) I had been very careful not to get his blood onto me, just incase he had AIDS or goodness knows what, and I wondered what I would have done if there was no way to avoid the blood

c) The kid was only 20 years old, and it was pretty sad that he must've felt so miserable to do such a thing, and when the ambulance cut off his top, we could see that his chest was badly bruised, so he probably died of internal bleeding, and I kept wondering whether, if I was his mother, I would have wanted someone to go with him in the ambulance and just keep talking to him, so that he wouldn't die on his own. I think that's the bit that made me feel the worst :\

Excuse the randomness and poorly written post.

Originally posted by Lothene
    After work last night myself and two of my colleagues were walking to our local pub, when we heard a huge *crash* and me being the nosey person I am, turned around to see what happened (I presumed a railing had fallen off the multi-storey car park we were standing near), and I saw a guy lying next to some bins, so I ran over to him, and turns out he had (presumably) jumped from the top of the carpark (it was about 6 stories high), landed on the metal hurricane fence (which had bent), then cascaded down onto the rubbish bins, then landed on the road. It took me a minute to register what was going on, but I looked at his head and the top section was pretty mashed, and there was a stream of blood going down the road - I could see bits of his skull, but somehow he was still alive.

There was another girl there just before me, and she called the ambulance and got some teatowells from across the road, which we used to support his head and try to stem the bleeding.

After a bit he started to ask what happened to him and said he felt like he was dying, and I didn't want to say "you jumped off the car park and you're a fucking mess" so I told him he slipped over (cos it was raining) and knocked his head and twisted his knee, and that if he tried to move he'd twist his knee worse (cos he was trying to get up, and obviously that would have made things worse)

Anyway there wasn't much we could do besides talk to him while we waited for the ambulance to arrive, and then when they did, I had to help lift him onto the stretcher, and the police came too and took our details.

After that, my friends and I were feeling a bit wierd, so we went to the pub and had a few beers, but I couldn't stop thinking:

a) Maybe there's something to be said for being somewhat desensitized to gore, because a lot of people were too freaked out to go near the guy

b) I had been very careful not to get his blood onto me, just incase he had AIDS or goodness knows what, and I wondered what I would have done if there was no way to avoid the blood

c) The kid was only 20 years old, and it was pretty sad that he must've felt so miserable to do such a thing, and when the ambulance cut off his top, we could see that his chest was badly bruised, so he probably died of internal bleeding, and I kept wondering whether, if I was his mother, I would have wanted someone to go with him in the ambulance and just keep talking to him, so that he wouldn't die on his own. I think that's the bit that made me feel the worst :\

Excuse the randomness and poorly written post.
    I liked your post. You did a good thing here, and you shall be rewarded (hopefully) The thing about suicide is that even when people go through with it there's always a small part of them that wants to live.

Comment

Hey, look on the bright side, maybe he was thrown!

Seriously, you're very right about the gore thing. A lot of people in this day and age seem to be so neuterted they won't do ANYTHING.

Comment

I love this gif cant use it enough

Comment

Hey well done lothene for doing some very helpful things. like zarella said, you'll be rewarded somehow. one more thing,

you said:

"we could see that his chest was badly bruised, so he probably died of internal bleeding."

i'm sorry, my reading and interpreting skills are pretty bad. do you mean that you THINK he might have died afterwards? or are you saying that he did die, but you think that it was because of the internal bleeding?

anyways, well handled man,

Aleem.

Comment

Well shit, now I wanna know if he survived.

Comment

That is something I could not have done. Don't feel bad, at least you tried to help.
              "Prison is for rapists, thieves and murderers. If you lock someone up for smoking a plant that makes them happy, you're the fucking criminal." - Joe Rogan

El Guapo says dance!

Comment

Great job, you did what you could. Don't beat yourself up over not going in the ambulance -- the paramedics know how to talk to injured people and you probably would have just been a distraction to them, especially since you didn't have any information about the guy to offer.

Comment

You did good. Nobody else even wanted to help.

I thought you couldn't get AIDS (or HIV) from blood that was in the air as oxygen kills it?

PL

Comment

That's not true.

There have been cases of HIV/AIDS spreading to others through blood donations, which definately hit a small portion of air.

There was that little kid that got AIDS from a blood donation and died. They made a video about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Aleem
                      Hey well done lothene for doing some very helpful things. like zarella said, you'll be rewarded somehow. one more thing,

you said:

"we could see that his chest was badly bruised, so he probably died of internal bleeding."

i'm sorry, my reading and interpreting skills are pretty bad. do you mean that you THINK he might have died afterwards? or are you saying that he did die, but you think that it was because of the internal bleeding?

anyways, well handled man,

Aleem.

Nah it's not your interpreting skills, it's my dodgy post, sorry. Anyway, I'm not sure whether he died or not, he was still alive when he was put into the ambulance, but I presume he would have died later,

Comment

Poor lad, I really hope he survived. I would have been too scared to do anything, you've got some good courage there man.

Comment

Sorry man thats a lot of shit to go thru. You did a really good thing to help as much as you did. Hope the poor bastard lived...

Comment

This is useless without pics and videos. You've never jumped off a building so you have no idea what you're talking about. [/osiris]

Seriously though. That's awesome, more power to you man. I hope he survived. You did a good thing there. Maybe it wasn't being desensitized, perhaps, you were just in having a rush of good deedness? Last year I watched a kid get hit by a train at school (because some idiot thought it would be a good idea to put the train going through the school), and it didn't bother me one bit until about 2 weeks later.

Comment

Lothene there's a good chance you saved his life. In fact if you didnt help he would have died. People can survive tremendous amounts of head trauma provided there treated right away.

You should call the police and find out what happened, im interested to know.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X