No announcement yet.

Ring girls/dancers etc etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They get more like 50 bucks and tips most places.

Comment

Originally posted by Vulgar
      Those girls probably get $500 per fight. Which mean it's $1 out of your ticket. Just learn to enjoy it. I paid a stripper $50 to shove a beer bottle up her ass at my frat house tonight. It won a lot of rushes over. Yea, I said it.
      :20bux: Appropriate member name! :20bux:

Comment

Those girls probably get $500 per fight. Which mean it's $1 out of your ticket. Just learn to enjoy it. I paid a stripper $50 to shove a beer bottle up her ass at my frat house tonight. It won a lot of rushes over. Yea, I said it.

Thats Hot!

Comment

Just once? You couldn't throw in a per-thrust tip?

And Johnny, I think he was talking the UFC chicks... But now that Amber is in commercials and all their advertising, and has a clanedar out, she's probably making good pay. I bet Dana wouldn't even fire her for losing a fight at this point.

Comment

Was that the twelve or 40 ounce bottle?

Next time for even more party fun you might shake up the bottle, pop the top and have her "shower" affection upon you all.:new_all_c

Comment

Originally posted by Lothene
              Okay well since I started this post, I will give me $.02.

I don't think anyone is paying out on the girls themselves, what bothers me is that fights are expensive enough to go and watch, and might be a bit cheaper without the "entertainment" - the A1 fights in Melbourne are a typical example.

In theory if the girls weren't there, there would be a drop in attendance and thus an increase in ticket prices. This is historicaly the case and if some promising organizer can setup a venue without them and challenge this idea than perhaps you are right. Conventional wisdom, however, holds that ring girls increase profitability. Because if they didn't they wouldn't be there.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mirth
                In theory if the girls weren't there, there would be a drop in attendance and thus an increase in ticket prices. This is historicaly the case and if some promising organizer can setup a venue without them and challenge this idea than perhaps you are right. Conventional wisdom, however, holds that ring girls increase profitability. Because if they didn't they wouldn't be there.
                Well, that IS the theory, but economists tend to forget that ordinary people don't do things for sound economic reasons most of the time. More likely, It's just an old tradition that won't die. People expect it, so it's there. If it wasn't, I doubt most people would really care. Remember that, in the real world, things are often done for bad, unsound or even stupid reasons, especially when business is concerned.

Comment

Originally posted by kepetri
                  Well, that IS the theory, but economists tend to forget that ordinary people don't do things for sound economic reasons most of the time. More likely, It's just an old tradition that won't die. People expect it, so it's there. If it wasn't, I doubt most people would really care. Remember that, in the real world, things are often done for bad, unsound or even stupid reasons, especially when business is concerned.
                  Between rounds there is a lull in the action. If the crowd is not entertained during that period, you will have people who will leave, missing the rest of the show and not purchasing concessions and merchandise, so you have to have some form of entertainment between rounds and between matches to keep the crowd interested. To a half drunk, testosterone pumped man, a half naked woman walking around is usually entertainment enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter H.
                    Between rounds there is a lull in the action. If the crowd is not entertained during that period, you will have people who will leave, missing the rest of the show and not purchasing concessions and merchandise, so you have to have some form of entertainment between rounds and between matches to keep the crowd interested. To a half drunk, testosterone pumped man, a half naked woman walking around is usually entertainment enough.
                    That's probably at least part of it. These days, they could just as easily run replays or some such. I'd still be surprised if there was a noticable drop in attendance if they weren't there. There might be more beer sold between rounds and fights in the crowd, though.

Comment

That's probably at least part of it. These days, they could just as easily run replays or some such. I'd still be surprised if there was a noticable drop in attendance if they weren't there. There might be more beer sold between rounds and fights in the crowd, though.
                      I work wrestling shows, trust me, if the crowd isn't kept entertained, they will leave, even if it's for two or three minutes, especially if what came right before the break sucked.

Comment

Originally posted by Peter H.
                        I work wrestling shows, trust me, if the crowd isn't kept entertained, they will leave, even if it's for two or three minutes, especially if what came right before the break sucked.
                        Excellent point. My gripe was more about that specific economic theory. There's a game amongst economists to find economic justificantions for things that do not strictly appear to have an economic basis. This is quite literally a game (Got my degree in Economics way back when).

A better analogy for my point would be cheerleaders for a pro football team. On the margin, there might be a few men who would be pissed that there were no cheerleaders at a game and not come back. On the other hand, that could be offset by the few feminists who would not come if they were there, and would now come to enjoy the game.

I'm sure it helps quite a bit in smaller venue stuff. I'd be interested to know what was used in early bouts, when a bikini clad woman would not have fit the standards of the day. More beer? Comedy?

Comment

I'd rather just replays or random fight videos in between.

Comment

Kidspatula, I know what you mean. My bestest friend in the whole world is a woman and I met her at the gym. She can kick my ass, and I'd take a bullet for her. But she's the only one who really understands how important this is to me.

Comment

In my opinion, ring girls are nothing more than eye candy. Boxing, MMA or most any other sports is mostly watched by men. Men like to see hot chicks. In my opinion the scantily dressed women IN NO WAY take away from the top notch female fighters. The combatants that are female know this; the T&A is just for looks. Women who kick ass in the ring speak with their actions not their tits. I know I don't judge a female combatant by her looks. Of course I find kick ass MA women very hot. Perhaps I just like a powerful woman!!

Comment

I'm sure it helps quite a bit in smaller venue stuff. I'd be interested to know what was used in early bouts, when a bikini clad woman would not have fit the standards of the day. More beer? Comedy?
                                Fewer breaks in the action. Wrestling matches in the early 1900's would have single matches lasting 40+ minutes with no breaks. There where a lot of "rest holds" and such. It wasn't until TV picked up wrestling that you saw the pace quicken, and even then it was until the 1970's that a marquee match lasting less than 30 minutes was normal.

And I can show you pics of ring girls/female valets dating back to the 1940's if I look around. I'm not sure about boxing, but back in the day wrestling was a midway attraction for travelling carnavals. People would just go look at the other attractions between bouts.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X