Ring girls/dancers etc etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GarageJudokaSS
    Both girls at JPs last month had the most obvious fake boobs I've ever seen. They were shaped like Barbie boobs. They were just sticking straight out, and with the little triangle top bikinis, their surface area further shrunk by the "tenting" effect of their perpetually hard nipples, you could see that they were not only immune to gravity, but it in fact seemed to work in REVERSE on them, leaving no undermining whatsoever.
    Those huge fake boobs suck. I prefer the real deal even if they are small. Small boobs, big boobs, saggy boobs they are all fun!!!! :la:

Comment

I'm staying out of this arguement for the sake of my marriage.

Comment

Originally posted by KhorneliusPraxx
        Marital Gong Sau is not pretty.
        "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by kepetri
          So you are saying that minor displays of sexuality make something adult entertainment. (Note: I'm assuming that most of the ring girls in question wear very suggestive clothing, nothing less.) However, serious, potentially bloody, harmful violence, doesn't? Interesting. I'd propose that society would be far better off if we switched those two concepts.
          No, I'm saying that ring girls contribute to a sexualised environment often akin to adult entertainment, such as when it leads to strip shows at MMA events - I think that is true of Cage Rage in the UK, but I could be wrong. However, I'm not saying I object to adult entertainment; my problem is mixing it with a sporting event.

As to the second part of your point, apologies if I'm misinterpreting you, but it seems you're arguing that I'm making an unfair judgement of ring girls as 'adult' while not commenting on the equally 'adult' status of full-contact competition? If so, thats not what I meant. I don't mean ring girls = adult entertainment and therefore something proscribed which is somehow morally detrimental. MMA is clearly something generally intended for adults. However, as I mentioned, the problem I have is making a link between overtly eroticised women and the sport. The addition of ring girls is understandable, as it is fulfilling a demand, but IMO catering to that demand limits the audience to a particular male demographic. I think MMA should be broader than that, and needs to be broader in order to become a 'legitimate' sport, in the sense that tennis etc is.

Oh, and don't think female athletes are the only ones who gain a following from their looks. A lot of male athletes have taken advantage of their looks, and some have benefited from much greater advertising contracts than the poor ugly guys.
          Getting onto a slightly different issue there, but yes, I'm sure thats true. Continuing with the tennis analogy, Bjorn Borg was certainly very popular as a pin-up. However, the difference is that male sport in general isn't in danger of only attracting attention due to physical appearance, whereas this does sometimes seem to be the case with female sports. To draw a comparison, the same thing happens in politics - think how often a male politican will be discussed largely in terms of his appearance in contrast to a female politician. The late lamented Mo Mowlam would be one such example.

Women in MMA are still trying to establish themselves as a credible part of the sport - in my opinion, ring girls hinder that goal for the reasons I outlined earlier. Of course, so far in this thread two women have already commented that they do not have a problem with ring girls - my opinion is merely an opinion, as I have no statistics on the views of female competitors to back up any of my assumptions.

Comment

Ring dancers? You need MC Hammer. Oh, come on - Wanderlei Silva doing Hammertime would rule AND YOU KNOW IT!

Comment

Originally posted by slideyfoot
              No, I'm saying that ring girls contribute to a sexualised environment often akin to adult entertainment, such as when it leads to strip shows at MMA events - I think that is true of Cage Rage in the UK, but I could be wrong. However, I'm not saying I object to adult entertainment; my problem is mixing it with a sporting event.

As to the second part of your point, apologies if I'm misinterpreting you, but it seems you're arguing that I'm making an unfair judgement of ring girls as 'adult' while not commenting on the equally 'adult' status of full-contact competition? If so, thats not what I meant. I don't mean ring girls = adult entertainment and therefore something proscribed which is somehow morally detrimental. MMA is clearly something generally intended for adults. However, as I mentioned, the problem I have is making a link between overtly eroticised women and the sport. The addition of ring girls is understandable, as it is fulfilling a demand, but IMO catering to that demand limits the audience to a particular male demographic. I think MMA should be broader than that, and needs to be broader in order to become a 'legitimate' sport, in the sense that tennis etc is.
              I've never seen anything devolve into a strip show that wasn't already in that context. However, I wouldn't have any problem with someone mixing the two, so long as it was appropriate for the venue.

As for the second point, you were interpreting it correctly. For the fights I've seen, ring girls make up a very small part of the show, and the sexuality is far less pronounced than the inherent violence. If my kid wasn't mature enough to handle the limited sexuality I've seen in these situations, he sure as hell wouldn't be ready for the violence.

I don't think MMA is ever going to be a mainstream event like football, or even boxing. I'm not saying that it shouldn't be, just that we, as a society, appear to love team sports a lot more than individual sports. Further, mainstream society doesn't even embrace boxing anymore, so I'd hardly expect MMA to be embraced.

Comment

How long until there i s a bra and panties match at a mma event?

:new_multi

Comment

Originally posted by Kooky-Juan
                  Those huge fake boobs suck. I prefer the real deal even if they are small. Small boobs, big boobs, saggy boobs they are all fun!!!! :la:
                  SAGGY!?

Comment

Originally posted by chaosexmachina
                    SAGGY!?
                    I'm not picky. I'm for equal boob rights!

Comment

Originally posted by noodles
                      Blabity blabity bla, madonna/whore madonna/whore. Poor women being oppressed by men.

Have any of you fundies ever talked to female strippers, or dancers, or any woman who makes a living or has a hobby centered around being attractive? Because you really should.

I sure have. What's your point? Can you really generalize all sex workers into one blanket thought pattern? I'd love to see you try!

Comment

Originally posted by KhorneliusPraxx
                        Then we are all forced to wonder what size implants your wife got.

Comment

This thread contains too few pictures.

More Macrame!

Comment

one of the girls in maxim is a ring girl for ufc, she says she learned bjj from the fighters.

personally I don't see the problem with ring girls.

People have these hang ups and stereotypes about women who are hot just because they need to shit on them to bring them down a peg in thier mind.

Its human nature for people to do that, I'm not saying its ok, but its a reaction people have when you are looking to downplay someone so you don't feel as intimidated.

A girl might do it because she doesn't think she is as pretty as her (even if she might very well be more beautiful- its an insecurity thing often I think having less to do with reality and more to do with your own self-image) and needs to boost thier own ego by saying they are stupid, or slutty or whatever to downplay someone who really has good genes or style or money or brains or whatever.

Guys do it too, it could be for anything, so we find a reason to shit on someone that has something we want.

I see no problem with ring girls at events either, sex sells, I would rather see a half naked girl on a food package than false advertising about "low fat" or "low sugar" and other misleading advertising on the package.

I would rather see those cookies say "WARNING: contains High fructose corn syrup which can cause diabetes and contains trans fat which increases your risk of heart disease" in big red letters right under a picture of jenna jameson giving a blow job to a bannana, than have them mislead you about the nutritional value of the food.

(the food is just an example of one type of non-disclosed advertising- in short it is better to sell with sex, than to sell with lies)

Comment

Okay well since I started this post, I will give me $.02.

I don't think anyone is paying out on the girls themselves, what bothers me is that fights are expensive enough to go and watch, and might be a bit cheaper without the "entertainment" - the A1 fights in Melbourne are a typical example. Plus I would rather see girls represented as fighters than eye candy as (and I know it's reality) it's disappointing that the events are aimed 100% at men. Oh and finally, I think we have the "being pretty is important" thing shoved in our faces enough.

Comment

Those girls probably get $500 per fight. Which mean it's $1 out of your ticket. Just learn to enjoy it. I paid a stripper $50 to shove a beer bottle up her ass at my frat house tonight. It won a lot of rushes over. Yea, I said it.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X