Ring girls/dancers etc etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dai-Tenshi
    You don't have to resent someone to feel utterly superior to them.
    I'd argue that only a resentful person would feel "utterly superior" to another person. Which means, yes, they don't necessarily have to resent the person they feel "utterly superior" to, but there's probably a large amount of resentment, disappointment, and anger in their lives.

My intention wasn't to attack JKDchick. I just think it's a little alarming for someone to be so vehement regarding something that doesn't matter. (Like ring girls or their aesthetic notions)

Comment

It's also foolish to judge anybody by their appearance. Just because a woman is "beautiful" does not mean she can't fight, or that she isn't intelligent. Being a "'ring-girl" is all about attention. A woman can crave attention and still have many other skills and attributes that are not readily apparent.

Comment

I feel utterly superior to my cat, I certainly do not resent him.

Comment

Originally posted by lawdog
          It's also foolish to judge anybody by their appearance. Just because a woman is "beautiful" does not mean she can't fight, or that she isn't intelligent. Being a "'ring-girl" is all about attention. A woman can crave attention and still have many other skills and attributes that are not readily apparent.

All I see is in-ring ability.

I bet her ground game is breath taking.

Comment

Originally posted by GarageJudokaSS

All I see is in-ring ability.

I bet her ground game is breath taking.
            Hey, I'm seeing the same thing you're seeing, but that don't mean there aint more there.

By the way, I'll gladly volunteer to do the research regarding her "ground game". :icon_thum

Comment

I feel utterly superior to my cat, I certainly do not resent him.
              I know I do. Lazy bastard eats up all the cat treats and tries to sleep on my chest.

Comment

It's the ring girls' choice to do what they do. They are getting money for it (if not a lot). If they felt demeaned then they should have tried to become lawyers or doctors or something. But as it happened, they apparently want to be ring girls. So there they are. Yes, their only purpose is to look nice for the men watching, but it's their choice. Isn't equality and femanism about letting women do what they want with their lives instead of being restricted? if you want to be a fighter like JKDchick, then cool. If you want to be a ring girl, then fine. Let them do what they chose to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Kengou
                  It's the ring girls' choice to do what they do. They are getting money for it (if not a lot). If they felt demeaned then they should have tried to become lawyers or doctors or something. But as it happened, they apparently want to be ring girls. So there they are. Yes, their only purpose is to look nice for the men watching, but it's their choice. Isn't equality and femanism about letting women do what they want with their lives instead of being restricted? if you want to be a fighter like JKDchick, then cool. If you want to be a ring girl, then fine. Let them do what they chose to do.
                  Not to mention some of them MIGHT be doctors or lawyers. I know a lawyer who was an NFL cheerleader. I also went to law school with a stripper who continued stripping for years after law school despite having a good day job with a law firm. She enjoyed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Full Circle
                    Obviously I'm missing your point here. You claim that women are treated badly in a male dominated world (true). Then you try to justify someone doing just that to women? It's okay for JDKChick because she's a women? It's okay for her to look at people as scum because others are doing it to her?

This is story of the boss that shouts at the man, who then spanks his son, who then kicks the dog, who then bites the cat, who then shits in the boss bed.

I don't accept the argument "Because they did it to me" from my 6 year old son. I don't see why it's valid for an adult.
                    You're very correct, all around. I think that the heart of this apparent disagreement (there isn't one in reality) is only in the WAY JKDChick expressed herself. What she expressed was a very primal, strong reaction. A fighter's reaction. A reaction of genuine frustration, but also a bit of acceptance. It's easy to mistake the overall "energy" of primal dominance in JKDChick's post to be the entirety of her point. It was part, but not the whole.

Women get very little encouragement in life. Most of the messages they receive from society are composed of: Be Pretty, Stop Being so Selfish, You're Wrong for Feeling This Way, Smile and Ignore the Pain... etc... essentially, as a holdout from times less enlightened than our own, women are taught to be happy, pretty and useful. There is also a lot of shit that men have to put up with, but that isn't the topic of this thread. I state that just to clarify that this is not an emotional, self-loathing diatribe but a plain ol' observation, grounded in logic.

So anyways, my point is this: most female fighters get about ZERO encouragement or support. Zilch. Men don't take them seriously, how could they? Their knowledge of women is generally limited to ring girls, cheerleaders and the like , maybe whatever girlfriends they've had. That's it. The face (majority, representation) of women is mainly the "good little girls" who give in, are trotted about like poodles and think about nothing more complicated than the coordination of clothing, makeup and jewelry... for what?

JKDChick's post wasn't, "I go around beating up ring girls for fun," or, "I hate ring girls!" One has to actually try to consider things from the female fighter's perspective. Surrounded on all sides by criticism and/or denigration, even moreso than the normal male fighter, she can rely only on herself. Every fighter has to deal with a certain amount of criticism and disdain from society, but, with men, at least a guy can be considered cool by his peers. To be a cage fighter, among men... whoa, what a bad ass. Sure, he might get looked down on by some white collar types, but far and wide people are going to treat him with respect. Some punks will give him shit because they want to prove themselves, but that's another story.

With the female fighter it is not so. The best support she's got for fighting most likely comes from her training partners. And since there are so few serious female fighters, most of her training partners are going to be male. They'll be there to support her, help her out in training, but that's about as much as they can do. Among her own gender she's going to be a pariah, a freak. Some kind of mutant idiot that doesn't understand what's supposed to make her happy. Furthermore, to them, she's just ugly and butch and graceless. Because.

JKDChick's post said everything I just did, just in less words. Being looked down upon usually makes people feel "bad", but in this instance it felt "good", because the person doing the looking-down is the image of everything that she does NOT want to be. The same way it might feel good to be called stupid by a person you know to be an idiot.

Comment

You don't have to resent someone to feel utterly superior to them.
                      Ding!

We have a winner.

That'd be it exactly. I don't RESENT the bimbos. I pity them. I feel contempt for them.

"resent" implies I want to be like them and can't. And therefore is utterly wrong.

Comment

You should have let them analyze you for 3 more pages before declaring that it was a total waste of time.

PL

Comment

Full Circle, You're fairly mentally ill, aren't you? That or a bad troll. Here is the logical fallacies (there are multiples) in your oh-so-clever statment.

Take the paragraph and flip it. The opposite of female dancer is male fighter.
                          Uh ... no. No, the elephant isn't pink. Your opening statment is false. The opposite of a female dancer is a male dancer. The opposite of a male fighter is a female fighter.

FC Moronic statment count: 1

Both are using their body and skills (hey - dancing is a skill) to entertain. The classic stereo type of both of them are that they're brainless.
                          When did I say dancing wasn't a skill? I was talking about RING GIRLS -- the ones who do nothing more but prance around in a circle in high heels holding up a card. The same could be accomplished by a Retriever with a head piece. There is no skill involved. If the chicks were dancing, I'd have some respect for'em. Dancing's HARD.

FC Moronic Statment count: 2

Both are stimulating a primitive response. Now imagine someone sitting in the audience is watching the fighter think how they could destroy the fighters body. Not hard really with a gun or knife.
                          Again, I don't sit around in the audience of these things, muttering darkly and plotting revenge. I watch the fights, and on the few occasions I've run into the ring girls, laughed in their faces and gone to get my coca-cola. At which point, their existence become meaningless to me again, as it was till 30 second before and will be for ever after.

FC Moronic Statement count: 3

We have a name for those people. We call them psychopaths. We try and lock them up.
                          Actually, since we don't have thought police yet, we just call them "people". Then when they commit a crime, we call them criminals. Until then, we can't read their minds.

FC Moronic Statement Count: 4

You're use of hate and projection of violence against other women you feel are less that you to enpower yourself doesn't make you strong. It makes you a) a bully or b) wannabe psychopath.
                          Well, other than the fact I made no statements about my "strength" so your comment is meaningless (FC Moronic Statment Count: 5) I will explain again in small words.

JKDChick not hate ring girls.
                          JKDChick not even have problems with ring girls.
                          JKDChick feel sorry for bimbos.
                          JKDChick think you are moron.

P.S. Anyone who uses phrases like "Projection of violence" and "Empower yourself" is going to have to work long and hard to convince me they aren't a worthless tit. So your Moronic Statement count jumps to abouy 5000+ till otherwise noted.

Dipshit.

If someone is a skilled DANCER or has skills in some other area, and shows off those skills in public more power too them. And appearances are deceiving. But since I have very little patience with about 90% of the women I meet, I'm going to have to assume the percentage hold true for the ring girls too. I hope my knee-jerk reaction IS wrong, actually. Someone who did ring girl stuff and was also like a veteranarian or something would be cool to talk too.
                          Last edited by JKDChick; 9/20/2005 8:46pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Zid
                            Misogyny= "Women are here for our amusement and shouldn't be fighting because they're soft. They should shut up and give us beer and bjs."

Misandrism= " Men are nothing but pigs who think with their dicks and if you enjoy seeing an attractive woman in skimpy suits then you should be ashamed".

Both sexs are guilty of the same kind of bigotry in my eyes.

In other words: Can't we all just get along?
                            Yeah, I'm just saying I didn't read a lot of misandry in this thread.

Hell, Men SHOULD like to look at attractive semi-naked women. I spend energy trying to get the guys in my gym to wear cut-off jeans and vale tudo shorts while training.

Nothing against any guy who likes looking at'em (ring girls, I mean). If I was so inclinced, I would too.
                            Last edited by JKDChick; 9/20/2005 9:03pm, .

Comment

JKDChick, you have a serious problem with projecting violence over the internet. I know you're empowering yourself, but you're hurting others at the same time.

Comment

I have no problem whatsoever with ring girls, though I do share JKD chick's "I could ruin her so hard, so easy" thought. It's a fun thing to think about.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X