Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you people have a life outside of MA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you people have a life outside of MA?

Anyone? Or are your lives eating, breathing, sleeping MA?

With my free time outside of MA I like to do calligraphy and will be starting up some Japanese calligraphy soon. I still dance every now and then, most just jazz, ballet and hip-hop. Builds my legs and flexibility up. Good for balance. And if I'm not doing that, I go to school and work, and then there's the girlfriend who needs the lovin'.

So do you have any semblance of a life? Or no? List 'em!

I don't actually. Either I'm at the gym, or I'm arguing with people about martial arts online.
    Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

yes I too frequent the gym. i also like to play DOTA (best game of all time) and study my ass off in grad school. i seem to also subconsiously love to take the MCAT since I keep failing it and having to retake it.

i too have a woman who needs the bump and grind

Comment

Having a life outside of MA is a good way to make your MA suck. I do a fair amount of beachgoing, sailing, drinking/partying, college bullshit, etc and the basic result is never being in good enough shape to do MA everyday (even if I had the time, which I sometimes do) because you are a weakass wanker who gets sore after hard rolling, which you feel inclined to do since you only make it to class two or three times a week and then you can never do weightraining or running because you don't want to be wicked sore for class and the twisted perverted cycle continues.

Comment

Comment

How many hours a week do you guys spend practicing? I am up to 10-12 hours a week, but that's seriously ALL my free time as I'm taking 21 units right now.

Comment

usually about 15-20 hours a week for me
              Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

The sad thing is, quite a few people on this board probably have no life inside of MA along with outside it.

Comment

Training and the gym is a tiny portion of my day.
                  Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Comment

I can be called a professional MArtist. Since a soldiers life is a martial one. :D

When I am not arguing about MA I can be found arguing about Movies, Religoin, Comics, Video Games, Composers, The history of Hip Hop, getting beat up by my kids and much more. But out of all my hobbies MA is my favorite.
                    ______
                    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                    -Daniel Tosh

Comment

I can be called a professional MArtist. Since a soldiers life is a martial one. :D

When I am not arguing about MA I can be found arguing about Movies, Religoin, Comics, Video Games, Composers, The history of Hip Hop, getting beat up by my kids and much more. But out of all my hobbies MA is my favorite.
                      ______
                      Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
                      -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
                      The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
                      -Daniel Tosh

Comment

I train atleast 15 hours a week. I also play classical guitar, piano and air guitar to 80s metal.

My social life is pretty good on the weekends though.

I try to explain my lack of a girlfriend by saying I don't need to validate my existance through another person. Then I die a little inside.

Comment

Sounds like you need to validate yourself a little. Giggity-giggity-giggity heh heh heh aaaaalllllll riiiiiiiiight!
                          Tough is not how you act, tough is how you train.

Comment

Train at BJJ 3 times per week.
                            My own fitness training 3 times a week.
                            Currently getting into Prasara (new yoga type system from rmax.tv)

Work full time in project management - although that does include net surfing time :).
                            Live with my girlfriend who as you said - needs some lovin.

I'm a writer, although its hard fitting that in.
                            I read anything I get my hands on, fiction or non-fiction. Borders is the holy land to me :)

Movies are always good as well.

Somewhere in there, I try to fit in time to catch up with friends every now and then.
                            The Wastrel - So attractive he HAS to be a woman.
                            - Pizdoff

Comment

Not really. I work to make money to pay for my gym time. I'm on here when I'm not working or I'm doing extra cardio to prep up for my training. Then I train. Then i sleep.
                              Monkey Ninjas! Attack!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X