"it's them against us"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"it's them against us"

last night, this story was introduced with the line "it's them against us", meaning muslims vs white australians.

click on "a cultural divide"

http://seven.com.au/todaytonight/video

this is just fucking terrible journalism which only serves to foster hate on both sides. it is so biased, warped, even racist. i see shit like this all the time.

This is taking a long time to stream...

PL

Comment

Originally posted by danno
      last night, this story was introduced with the line "it's them against us", meaning muslims vs white australians.

click on "a cultural divide"

http://seven.com.au/todaytonight/video

this is just fucking terrible journalism which only serves to foster hate on both sides. it is so biased, warped, even racist. i see shit like this all the time.
      I don't see what you're saying...

The only thing I saw wrong with it was that they cut the guys off before they could finish speaking, which could mean their statements were taken out of context.

I didn't really see it as "them vs us" as much as "get off our backs" with a bit more pushiness.

PL

Comment

Originally posted by Poop-Loops
        I didn't really see it as "them vs us" as much as "get off our backs" with a bit more pushiness.
        what do you mean by "get off our backs"?

it was presented as "them vs us" just before this video i linked to starts. they tried very hard in the story to make it appear as if these muslims hated westerners. the problem was, these chaps didn't really say anything that was very bad.

as a conclusion, they had one muslim man saying "you shouldn't mess with muslims", which puts that statement strongly out of context.

i was watching this on television with someone, and they immediately said afterwards "you see? they just hate us. we should kick them out of the country." the show didn't explicitly say this, but its connotations were anti-muslim.
        Last edited by danno; 8/16/2005 11:22pm, .

Comment

The solution is to make love to muslim women.

Can I get a witness?

Comment

Originally posted by danno
            what do you mean by "get off our backs"?

it was presented as "them vs us" just before this video i linked to starts. they tried very hard in the story to make it appear as if these muslims hated westerners. the problem was, these chaps didn't really say anything that was very bad.

as a conclusion, they had one muslim man saying "you shouldn't mess with muslims", which puts that statement strongly out of context.

i was watching this on television with someone, and they immediately said afterwards "you see? they just hate us. we should kick them out of the country." the show didn't explicitly say this, but its connotations were anti-muslim.
            Well, that's not how I saw it. I saw it as "People think all Muslims are terrorists. We're not, so fuck off."

For some reason I still saw it as being "anti-white" I guess, although not really.

Maybe the person you were watching this with is just stupid?

PL

Comment

Well, that's not how I saw it. I saw it as "People think all Muslims are terrorists. We're not, so fuck off."
              this is taken by many as an affront to western ideals, which is how it was portrayed in the story.

For some reason I still saw it as being "anti-white" I guess
              so you see that white people will interpret what these muslims said as anti-white.

Maybe the person you were watching this with is just stupid?
              if not stupid, definately misinformed.

a couple of weeks ago, another program like this one had a very popular story about a lawyer who taught at an australian university. he got on the news because he thought we should re-introduce the "white australia" policy. he believed that black people would increase crime, and asians would take over business in australia, so we just shouldn't let them in.

a phone poll was held which asked viewers whether or not they agreed with him.

85% said yes.

Comment

You should have run this with the article that reported a couple of Sydney councils were banning bbqs so as not to offend the non beef eating minorities...

About the clip... youre right it was very us against them... the Muslims were very down on the Aussie way of life... several comments that caught my attention were... "I was made to believe that there is an agenda against the formation of a muslim state"... possible propaganda there to foment more division...

There was a bit that was cut when one chap said "we will never integrate"... I would like to know his reasoning as to why...???

I do agree with one guy when he said the idiots actions (those who bomb and kill in the name of Islam) should not be summarily placed on all those who practice it... however if you foment hatred you should be ostracised...

There was also some denial mentioned there that it wasnt Muslims who perpetrated the terrorist actions but it was all just one big western conspiracy... hmmm...

the biggie for me though was the comment "if everyone followed Islam that would make Aus a better place"... What the fuck... why not if everyone followed Catholicism or Satanism or Judaism etc... that is exactly the kind of thinking they are railing against... more tolerance and acceptance would make Australia... well pretty much anywhere... a better place...

I dont really see it as an us an them issue either... its more like different cultures and a group of lost kids who seek answers elsewhere and perhaps have found them and then forming opinions of intolerance based upon what they have found... but then nobody sees sin as well as a born again... (which they were in case anyone missed that)... but they are also now showing great intolerance to others differences and ways of life...

Also note the reporter did make the comment that the people in the film were painting the rosy pic of Islam... horses for courses and all that...
                "If you can get it from my kungfu grip then you can have it... otherwise... step off b*t*h!!!" - Meet the Parents

"Hetero or Homo I don't see anyone telling him, "NO SIR I WILL NOT TAKE IT IN THE ASS!!!" " - Asia

"My neighbor has what he calls an "immortality potion" that will let you live forever.
                People have been telling him that it's stupid and will not work... for 1200 years." - Leodom

Banish Uncertainty
                Affirm Strength
                Hold Resolve
                Expect Death - read in a book

http://uk.360.yahoo.com/shadowdh

Comment

Stupid. The converts are usually the most radical of any following, instead of the people who grow up with it. Look at born again christians etc.

its more like different cultures and a group of lost kids who seek answers elsewhere and perhaps have found them and then forming opinions of intolerance based upon what they have found
                  True. Notice the "A brother in Islam is closer than a blood brother." That kind of talk sounds like someone had a bad childhood and is looking for love, acceptance etc.

I know because I have had a screwed up family and have fallen into the same trap a few times.

Integration is a two way street - one doesn't need to go out and start drinking pig beer or anything to integrate as a Muslim, but I feel one must respect the culture that has decided to take the person in question in. Looking down on others for their behavior is not the way to build bridges.

Comment

Danno,danno,danno.......

Still pandering to the muslims ? Still trying to make them your brethren ? Hoping for a day where we can all live in peace ? This is why we are giving our country away. Because of bleeding heart minority left wing groups who peddle this 'multicultrualism' shit.

THEY have no respect for our country. No regard for our laws, our society or our values. Australia is dominantly a Christian country and was so for a very long time. Yet that means nothing to them. Muslims are given the right to celebrate their customs and religion here.
                    Dano, you go to a Muslim country and try to practice CHristianity or any other religion apart from Islam, you will be arrested and punished very quickly. What does that tell you ?
                    Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal
                      Dano, you go to a Muslim country and try to practice CHristianity or any other religion apart from Islam, you will be arrested and punished very quickly. What does that tell you ?
                      It tells me that you're a fucking idiot.

Serriously is bullshido getting dumber or am I just noticing it more?

Originally posted by Stickx
                      It must suck for legit practitioners of tai chi like Cullion to see their art get all watered down into exercise for seniors.
                      Those who esteme qi have no strength. ~ Exposition of Insights into the Thirteen Postures Attrib: Wu Yuxiang founder of Wu style tai chi.

Comment

you can practise christianity in bangladesh (muslim country ) without being arrested or attacked
                        Last edited by DANINJA; 8/17/2005 4:43am, .

Comment

Originally posted by Jekyll
                          It tells me that you're a fucking idiot.

Serriously is bullshido getting dumber or am I just noticing it more?
                          i dont think bullshido is getting dumb but hannibal and kungfools have been the village idiots for a long time

Comment

Go fuck yourselves both of you !!!

Jekyl you missed the point. Muslims love to take advantage of compassion and tolerance shown by other nations.

Now let me give you two mental giants (he,he) a little lesson in reality.

I know someone who is a registered nurse. She is actually the sister of a mate of mine. Known their family for sometime. Now she spent some time in the middle east and was in Saudi Arabia doing nursing work. SHe recieved a CHristmas card in the post come December time and she was arrested and thrown into prison. WHy ? Because it had a Christian symbol on it - the cross. She was kept there for 12 days before her family could send her money to pay the fine which warrented her release.

Now my point was these jokers can come into my country OPENLY defy our laws and at the same time get their hands on as much educational and medical assistance as the governement will give them. And complain to the media that they are being persecuted. WHAT BULLSHIT !!!!

Don't you fucknuts tell me about intolerance - go to any Muslim country and you will see it first hand. These are country's ruled by fear and oppresion where there is no regard for human or anmial welfare. Oh they are mainly filthy,stinking shit holes too. Think on that for a bit.
                            Last edited by Hannibal; 8/17/2005 5:09am, . Reason: spelling mistake
                            Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

hannibal may be an idiot, but his perspective is frighteningly common.

shows like today tonight (where that video was from) are commercial programs. they are only interested in gaining as many viewers as possible. to do this, they tell the public what they want to hear, especially if it sparks outrage. they are not interested in providing good information.

speaking of that - tonight on that same show they said the "cultural divide" story "sparked outrage" in the australian public. they made another story related to it. i'll put up a link to that once they release it on the internet.

simply, imo, these shows help create a greater divide between muslims and other australians. it makes muslims feel less at home, more disenfranchised, and more likely to take on extremeist views... which may increase the chances of a terrorist attack occuring.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X