-ing ľun vids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

-ing ľun vids

I found these on my schools web site. Not actual combat but just demonstrations.

http://www.codetrap.net/wingchun/

"In my career I have had two exceptional students and they both have the same initials. (BL). One is no longer with us and one is standing right over there. I only wish that when I was a student I had a teacher like him."

- William Chueng, Head of the World Wing Chun Kung Fu Association on his 2 exceptional students - Bruce Lee and Brian Lewadny.
    That's taken from the History portion of your school's website about your sifu.

ROFLMAO

Comment

Okay, no offense to the _ing _unners out there, and this is not a thread hijack, but a prediction on how this thread will go. I could probably post this in every single Wing Chun thread from now on.

It will stay on topic for roughly 1-2 pages. Then:

Someone will disparage Wing Chun. Someone else will jump in and say "You only say that because you haven't seen the real Wing Chun, which is what I have." Lots of people will make fun of that person. Others will say "No, I have the Real Wing Chun." Others will flame them. We will all lose 3 or 4 IQ points.

I'll check back in a few hours to see if I am right.
      "No. Listen to me because I know what I'm talking about here." -- Hannibal

Comment

EDIT: Nvm.

Hilarious videos.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalRage
          That's taken from the History portion of your school's website about your sifu.

ROFLMAO

It should be noted that that is never mentioned in person, there is no discussion of lineage at the school.

Comment

I swear I've seen those videos before. Or maybe all the WC schools have really horrible electronic music that they embed into their videos.

I don't see anything new. Chain punching, centerline strikes, etc....

Comment

wow...they sure can dance!

Comment

-2 points for use of mortal kombat theme.

Comment

Gerald Boyle! There's a blast from the past. He used to run the Cheung-line school around the corner from my school. Nice enough guy, but some of his students were real cocks and very much into the whole lineage thing.

Comment

What's with the holding hands and swinging?

Comment

Originally posted by eyebeams
                      Gerald Boyle! There's a blast from the past. He used to run the Cheung-line school around the corner from my school. Nice enough guy, but some of his students were real cocks and very much into the whole lineage thing.
                      i always thought he was creepy as all hell.

Comment

Originally posted by Robot Jesus
                        Not actual combat but just demonstrations.

wow really I always thought wing chung was known for its sparring and leaving out demos.
                        Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
                        My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Comment

I just figured that would be the first criticism and decided to get it out of the way

Comment

Those videos hvae been shown here before. I do like the title 'Demonstration of "the" Chi-Sao'. It reminds me of all the fob-ness in kungfu sometimes.

Me to kungfu brother: "Do you want to play THE chi-sao?"
                            Him: "Yes, I love THE chi-sao!"
                            Me: "Indeed, THE chi-sao is good."
                            "It does not matter who the master is. It does not matter what the face looks like. The masters are of the Qimen school of qigong/meditation which is related to Zen. The master wears white robes, and the predecessor master wears bright gold robes. The qimen school travels the univers and is not restricted to what paradise they live in. It has many masters" -Serious Harm

Comment

Originally posted by Robot Jesus
                              i always thought he was creepy as all hell.
                              He could have used a tan and some free weights (he looks a bit heavier now, but before he was a stick insect). I liked some of the head control stuff he did. I hated the Cheung-line footwork and posture.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X