uni gym bullshido

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

uni gym bullshido

SO despite not actually going to university at the moment (bout of depression following the realisation that psychology wasnt where I wanted to be- halfway through the course. And before you ask im starting a sport science course next year) I still frequent the uni gym, usually in the mornings for some bagwork and saturdays for weights. Now at this fucking spectacular gym they not only have a big ass weights room but also a climbing wall, a "core training room" with lots of exciting looking machines and swiss balls, a cardio room where you can sit and watch the HOT BITCHES on the treadmills and step masters n shit, various courts for basketball/frisbee/whatever fucked up game they are playing, and a very nice little boxing studio. and thus, my rant of anger and indiscriminate finger pointing and bitchery begins.

Now at this uni club, like all uni clubs, they have half a dozen mcdojos cashing in on already poor students who want to be bruce lee. except for the BJJ and judo clubs, they are cool. and the capoeira too. rest of them suck. Anyway, of course the majority of these dipshits are gym members since its pretty cheap if you are a uni student. and by gods thumb, Its all I can do not to kill them.

I dont mind when they keep their bullshit to themselves. So they would get killed in a real fight, who cares, chances are that even a supreme badass trained murderer like me would also get an asswhupping from your average thug (average thug being a large samoan with a drinking problem). I dont even mind (well I do but I can let it slide) that the local wing chun faggots are always using the damn speedballs. But what really shits in my cereal comes in two flavours (of shit)

shit 1- The fucking kung fu/karate fags who have to use the rather small boxing studio to do kata. hello. there is a sodding great park across the road already full of weirdo chinese with yellow shirts waving their arms about. you ARENT going to look like any more of an idiot than them. so go and fuck off elsewhere.

shit 2- this is the real bowl breaker, the shit that just wont flush. Where am I going with this analogy? who knows. anyway, they are the people who feel the need to teach. and thats cool, I do sometimes teach people basic stuff too. but what gets me is the people who CAN'T do what they are teaching. youve all seen them, the "do it yourself" boxers who watched Rocky one too many times, or, would you fucking believe, one guy who sat and watched me for about ten minutes throw roundhouse kicks, then attempted to teach his mate how to do them when he showed up. They flail away with their hands down, have never heard of things such as a guard or footwork, and then teach their mates how to do the same fucking thing. this is the worst kind of bullshido in existence, in my book. having your mate teach you how to fight like a retard.

So today I am in there and these two guys come in, one of them a frankenmonster the other a bit bigger than me. short guy starts teaching tall guy how to throw a jab cross (if you could call it that). Right after this, a guy who looks like Phil Elmore comes in and uses the headache ball for a loooooong time (fucker stopped once for a drink and I was ON that bitch, haha) practicing some weird form of boxing where your hands never come higher than your ribs, you keep your head perfectly still, and you dont use any kind of body motion in your punching. forming a fist is also optional- panda slaps work too!

And then of course, in comes some kung fool who looked REALLY out of place in a gym. walks in and drops into his horse stance RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF THE FUCKING ROOM and starts doing whatever these fags do.

At this point im thinking "fuck me I might just leave" especially since I was getting tired of the Phil Elmore clone watching my sensual yet deadly dance with the headache ball. But, it got better. In walks a guy who I have seen before- the infamous "Bobs sport karate student" This guy comes in quite often but I dont know why. its like he wakes up every morning and says to himself "FUCK yeah! today im gonna throw the WEAKEST kicks! even a fly wouldnt feel this shit, its gonna rock!!!" I dont know much about Bobs karate but I know that it sucks fat donkey cock.

So there I am, surrounded. Phil Elmore is getting angsty in the corner, the boxing retards are retarding it up on the boxing bags, (I kid you not but one of them around about now trips and faceplants into the bag) kung fu shitmouth has just moved on to throwing tippy tappy kicks at the heavy bag, and bobs karate student was attempting to do as little damage as possible to the wallbag. I was being drowned in shit and I just had to leave before someone in there copped it across the face.

So after reading this exciting rant you probably want to know the point. there is one! What should I do? I mean its not usually THAT bad, but its starting to get at me. should I offer these home style boxers some advice? I dont want to come across as an asshole, but i feel sorry watching them stumble around. Im pretty sure that Phil Elmore clone is a psycho so I cant help him, and I think the only way to help bobs karate student and the kung fu fags is a good old ass whupping, but im not getting kicked out of the gym for their benefit (however gratifying it would be)

Ideas?

Stay in the cardio room until all the miserable types are gone?

Comment

You really haven't got many options.
      There are idiots everywhere, maybe just an unusually high concentration in your gym, but than - that's like a magnet to them.
      Here my suggestions:
      1. Focus on your training. You are in the gym only to train so just do that.
      2. Find a new gym.
      3. Challenge all the idiots, beat them and tell them to never come again.
      4. Sit down with the idiots, create some kind of timetable - like idiot hour from 8-9 pm and your training just before or after.

But really - I bet you love watching them

Comment

DAt 1 :Try enlightening them.....say "My my I just watched a scary video" and hand them UFC 1.

Day 2 : Ask one of them if theyd like to go full contact with gear after they start bugging you over the video.Kick der ass

Day 3: Never think of going back there again.

This actually worked for me !!

Comment

I should point out that I really like this gym so kicking ass isnt really an option. and while I would just ignore them, I still remember when the point of bullshido was actually to -stop- bullshido and not just ride the gracies collective nuts (crazy I know) so I feel i should do something. or maybe im too caring and should just let them get on with it.

Comment

I once met a boxer after an akido class.Showed me how to throw a cross punch.MY GOD A CROSS PUNCH.......WHAT CAN IT BE ?.He put his rear hand forward while the front one was still extended.Told me it looked like a X if you look from above.A CROSS PUNCH. KILL ME PLEASE !!! WITH A CROSS PUNCH :'( ANYONE !!!!!

Comment

The people met in our lives ........80% total bullshidokas

Comment

Don't worry about what others are doing, worry about what your doing.

It sounds like there are alot of misguided people at your gym. WHo cares ? You've got good fascilities at a good price (university gyms are normaly cheap). Thats more than what alot of people have.Go there, train. Come home watch televeision. Thats it.
                Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

fuck television, that shit rots your brain. i play counter strike source. and if you read what the fuck I wrote you might get why. but whatever- i dont expect your noob ass to understand the concept of bullshido.com

I dont have to worry about what im doing i have a coach who rides my ass if i fuck up. the only way these tits will figure it out is when Mark Hunts cousin removes their teeth.

Comment

Originally posted by Shams
                    I once met a boxer after an akido class.Showed me how to throw a cross punch.MY GOD A CROSS PUNCH.......WHAT CAN IT BE ?.He put his rear hand forward while the front one was still extended.Told me it looked like a X if you look from above.A CROSS PUNCH. KILL ME PLEASE !!! WITH A CROSS PUNCH :'( ANYONE !!!!!
                    Tell me the truth and I promise not to get mad.

Did you make this up?

Comment

I gotta hand it to ya Ikken you've got the gift of the gab.

Normally I'd bite back but your initial post was hilarious. "Shits in my cerea;" LOL. Get a career in sales.
                      Hannibal: The sworn enemy of dishonest politicians, source of entertainment on Bullshido and newly appointed Office Linebacker. Terry Tait ain't got shit on me !!!!

Comment

Offer to spar them at 50%. If they start whining about they can't go all out, try to get them to agree to closer to 80% contact. Dominate. Tell them to go find a coach and spend less time in the gym looking all rere.
                        Locu5
                        combat sports hobbyist

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X