Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The What if game

aka How would you react?

This is a Post it game used in forums. basically the object is to challange someone with a situation (in the use of this forum its Martial Arts situations) The said challanger has 24hrs from the last post to think of his/her answer and post it. upon answering the last situation the person must then offer a situation and keep the thread going.

these can be easy to hard situations that either could be realistic or fantasy (although realistic is more acceptable in most cases)

now lets start, remember you can either challenge another user or leave it open for someone to react to the situation. There are no right or wrong answers here just plain MA fun. Im sure this will lead to some good discussions about takedowns and whatnot...maybe some strategy tactical talk.

Situation:
    Your hands are bound to your sides by chains. you have an incoming attacker (acting like a boxer) getting ready to throw a punch that could track to your face, throat or sternum. What would you do and how?

Hrmmm I'd say this thread is more of a BS thread than a Bullshido one.

Comment

death blossom

Comment

Originally posted by Moleque
        Situation:
        Your hands are bound to your sides by chains. you have an incoming attacker (acting like a boxer) getting ready to throw a punch that could track to your face, throat or sternum. What would you do and how?
        I'd get off the internet and go and train.

Comment

I'd ask the DM to allow me to make my Bend Bars check.
          What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
          http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Comment

I have a better one: What if you stopped posting until you could actually contribute something, or ask a question that couldn't be found out by using the search function, instead of trying to spread your brand of stupid?

Comment

I didnt even realize there was a General BS forum....I thought the Bullshido was the general section...my bad

Comment

Originally posted by Angry_Spastic
                I'd ask the DM to allow me to make my Bend Bars check.
                On a more serious note, if someone succeeded in tying me up, that leaves my head teeth and knees and boots free. Or I could just rush them and knock them down.

Now stop trolling.
                What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
                http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Comment

look Oj, this isnt THAT stupid dude. Its kind of like offering those that are looking for a good Martial Art, examples of your art so they dont get into a BS school or *if they like it will look for something like yours.
                  Last edited by Moleque; 8/04/2005 9:26am, .

Comment

No, it is really that stupid, when you actually start to train you'll realize why.

Comment

Dont forget Elbows too. the chains would give enough slack for you to "fake" the tracking punch to a point where you could grab it with your arm and trap it. the rest is un-balancing the opponent and making his movements under your control. hell you could choke him with a shoulder or an elbow, get into a reverse suplex with his arms bound by yours behind his back and slam his chin/head into the ground from behind.

Comment

If a post is talking about techniques is stupid to you then I feel sorry for your narrow mind. I notice that this forums LOVES to challange eachother in RL fights...so wouldnt talking about techniques in certain situations be completely understood? what is you get a challange and he challanges you to get out of a situation that was discussed? these do happen in the MA world my friend. btw dont Martial Artists talk about techniques in RL? yeah man this thread is really stupid. your only bashing me because I responded with Ninja Magic and stated that I could do something...nice way to give a chance to someone. wow truely

Comment

Originally posted by Moleque
                          look Oj, this isnt THAT stupid dude. Its kind of like offering those that are looking for a good Martial Art, examples of your art so they dont get into a BS school or *if they like it will look for something like yours.

no its kinda not. i could understand if somebody with some pull around here started this thread but you have no pull.
                          Eduardo "Why'd you stop."

Me "I was kicked in the head by the guys sparring next to me."

Eduardo "Ino what happened but i didnt say you could stop."

Me "Um.. I guess I keep going."

Eduardo "You dont stop until i say stop, you dont get tired until i say your tired, keep going."

Originally posted by Ralek
                          My cousin gave me some tapes of him doing tkd. I learned from those tapes. When I beat up an Akido instructor, and made him take rest breaks, I used TKD. I learned Bjj from watching ufc and pride and then I copied them and wrestled my cousin for practice. I choked him out and he tapped.

Comment

This thread makes baby Jesus cry

Comment

no pull? whats that supposed to mean...because im a noob on this forum I cant start certain threads? BULL! anyone with ambition can start or say something. I dont know how it is in stuff like Krav Maga or JJJ or even BJJ but im sure its not situations like the one above. Your taught to fight I understand that, but sometimes thinking about situations helps.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X