Any good weapons programs out there?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any good weapons programs out there?

What are some good knife and weapon programs? I want real stuff where people actually spar and test what they know at full speed, not B.S..

Thanks!

:new_smile

I suggest TRS. They got the real deal going!

*keeping straight face*

Comment

Try Floro Fighting Systems (Floro web site) check out his site it will explain a lot of what Ray is about.

Ray has a few people teaching his system in Nth America, these being:

Marc Scott, LOS ANGELES, CA - [email protected]
      Chris LeBlanc, PORTLAND, OREGON - [email protected]
      Michael Jen, SAN JOSE, CA - [email protected]
      Bruce and Allison Weiler, INDIANA - [email protected]
      Steven Lefebvre, NEW HAMPSHIRE - [email protected]
      WR Mann, NEW YORK - [email protected]
      Jeff Guthery, Fort Bragg - [email protected]

:new_Eyecr

Comment

dog brother.com has been around for about 20 years exelent in reality stick fighting and knife fighting,sayoc.com is exelent for understading anatomy and natural reflex to attack,then theirs veearnisjitsu.com covers realistic drill sto develop speed, foot work, converting knife to hand or other weapons,or hokcqc.com(if i speled it corect) and if you go to any knife making web site they usualy provide video training, and last if have some money left and a sparing partner get some exelent (training) fighting knive from noliesblades.com, dont forget krav-maga.com

Comment

For regular training, check out our local silat and kali/arnis/escrima places. Like any style the intensity varies with the instructor and students. Also places that have an association with the Dog Brothers should have contact and a no BS approach.

Comment

If your looking for programs, like others have said:

Sayok is good.
            Pekiti Tirsia Kali is good.
            Dog Brothers are ok. I haven't seen enough of their knife work to comment on that aspect.

Basically you want to look for a place where they actively spar (typically using padded equipment or better yet limited bod armor). Talk to the instructor and ask his philosophy on weapons training. They should say "keeping it as simple as possible." And ask them about resistance training.

If the responses sound good, and you dig the atmosphere, you've got a good place to study.

- Matt

Comment

Thanks for the responses guys. I'm out in the middle of nowhere, but I may be able to find something. I'm not looking to go crazy into it, just supplement a little.

Anyone have any opinions of Mike janich? I here his tapes are worth it, but I don't know...

:evil7:

Comment

Haven't seen it, not an expert in any case, but I want to believe Sal Glesser would not partner with Janich if he weren't the real deal.

Comment

Have not trained with Janich. Several of the guys I've been through other courses with think highly of him. It's a very stripped-down small blade oriented program.

Comment

Lightning Scientific Arnis/Leskas.

Sayas-Lastra Arnis.

Balintawak Arnis.

Outstanding systems that go at high intensity.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Gwinn
                      Haven't seen it, not an expert in any case, but I want to believe Sal Glesser would not partner with Janich if he weren't the real deal.
                      Who's Sal Glasser?

Comment

Originally posted by Cactus Jack
                        What are some good knife and weapon programs? I want real stuff where people actually spar and test what they know at full speed, not B.S..

Thanks!

:new_smile
                        You mean, you want to get hit with sticks and tantos and bokkens and jo sticks full-contact? You're a souljah, muh man!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X