X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punch to the Forehead???

Punching the forehead????

http://www.blennus.com/index.php?opt...sk=view&id=240

Good way to break your hand, AND knock someone out, apparently!

Comment

You know I was punched in the forehead during sparring with those Hybrid MMA gloves. and by a pair of NAGA MMA gloves (yes yes, I know...my headbutt to the fist technique is truly awesome). Both times it left a mark on my forehead. The NAGA gloves left two perfect knuckle-shaped abrasion marks that stayed for a couple of days, but the Hybrid gloves (the guy was considerably bigger than the 140lbs guy wearing the NAGA gloves) left a lump, bruise, and abrasion marks shaped like a sasquatch fist.

The best part was I had to renew my driver's license (photo and all) on that next Monday (it was already expired). So now I've got a four year reminder to move my head better during sparring every time someone cards me (not that it happens to me much anymore). At least I kept my chin tucked. :icon_wink

Guess I'm lucky I didn't get KO'd
      Jaguar's MMA record
      pre Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0
      post Kung Fu and BJJ: 0-0-0 (BOO YAA!!)

We're number one! All others are number two or lower.
      - The Sphinx (Mystery Men)

Comment

I remember that the physics of a K.O. were about the neck.

When you get punched in the head, your neck flexes.

If the neck overflexes with a swift movement (such as the one you get with the punch) you get K.O.ed.

I may be wrong...
        "The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." -Thomas Jefferson - (purposefully taken out of its context) Source.

Comment

i thought it was one of three things
          1-The jaw gets hit a certain way, pinching a nerve which makes the body go unconcious as a safety device
          2-the brain gets knocked around in teh head
          3-the head getting hit delays oxygen flow to the head which makes lights go out.

Comment

I just punch to the forehead when I spar because I don't wanna break my partners nose, bust his lip, give him black eyes, etc. Forehead is a nice big target, and lets them know they got tagged.
            "Emevas,
            You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

I once punched a guy in the forehead and his head exploded.
              I realised that, forehead punching should only be used in the case of an emergency, like getting sold out tickets and ahead of people in the grocery store.

Comment

Have any of you, like the moron in the video clip, ever stood there and let someone stroke you in the face?

Comment

Originally posted by KhorneliusPraxx
                  Have any of you, like the moron in the video clip, ever stood there and let someone stroke you in the face?

why don't you just ask if anyone is stupid enough to be face fucked?

Comment

Originally posted by KhorneliusPraxx
                    Regretfully yes, one time, I got hit harder, and it did lay me out on the hood of a car. The guy was about a foot taller than me. While my brain registered what was happening, I was like, "you're gonna wha?" BAM!

Never again.

Edit: I took it in the eye though.
                    “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Mantis

Edit: I took it in the eye though.
                      A common complaint in the industry.

Comment

BWAAAHAAHAAA!

Comment

Originally posted by Emevas
                          I just punch to the forehead when I spar because I don't wanna break my partners nose, bust his lip, give him black eyes, etc. Forehead is a nice big target, and lets them know they got tagged.
                          Yeah, it's great for sparring. Just don't unload full-power on someone's cranium during a streetfight if you can help it. I've seen several people break their hands doing this, even if it staggered the guy who got hit. Shoot for the nose or jaw, which are much more compliant.

However, just clipping them a bit on the forehead shouldn't break your hand, and will often cause them a nasty cut.

Comment

Here you go Praxx http://www.heavy.com/viral2/YCOD/
                            “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

I punched my bro on the back of his skull.The middle knuckle that hit his head after a few seconds swelled up and now i can notpunch anymore with my right hand (well atleast until it heals) .i'm never punching someones HEAD AGAIN !!!!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X