Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My puny apartment [pics]

My living room, love it ^_^

Coach brought me his bag stand as a house warming present, now my apartment is a home!

I'll post more later, for now I must get at least 4 hours before pedalling off to work to count fucking bolts all damn day.
    Last edited by Stick; 7/11/2005 12:59am, .

How much doesn one of those cost and weigh? I don't have any room in my house to keep one, but I could just take it outside when I'd need to use it, providing I could actually lift it.

Oh, and umm... welcome home...?

PL

Comment

The stand itself is $120-140. You can get it on sale at Big5 for $99. You can also get that heavybag at 100lbs for $69.99, or on sale for $59. The weights would be pretty cheap. Speedbag will set you back $30 or so.

Can you tell I work in a sporting goods store? =P
      "Emevas,
      You're a scrapper, I like that."-Ronin69

Comment

Awesome. I was going to go to Big5 tomorrow anyway to buy me some new shoes. I have some weights I can stick on it. Don't really need a speed bag... do I??

PL

Comment

I think speedbags aren't all that great.

A trick with Big5: Always ask for last sales price. At my store, they'll always give it to you, unless you're an asshole.
          "Emevas,

Comment

My friend works at Big5, so he'll help me out. :D

PL

Comment

How solid are those stands compared to a bag being well bolted into the ceiling?

I might just have to get myself one of those for the garage. Any recommendations on brands?

Comment

Oh, and that bag is filled with fucking feed corn; like kicking a god damned rock.

Comment

It's pretty solid. The only real problem is that the screw that holds the hook will eventually unscrew because the bag twists. It's also kinda hard to get in good roundhouses because of the supports on the side, and you can't manuever all the way around the bag. If you can't hang a bag though, it's a great solution.

As for brands, I'm only familar with century.
                  "Emevas,

Comment

Is this a one room apartment?

Comment

Do you actually play classical?

Comment

Where is the Bruce Lee poster?

Comment

Originally posted by Dai-Tenshi
                          Oh, and that bag is filled with fucking feed corn; like kicking a god damned rock.

You are a fucking genius. Here I am in this agrarian shit pit thinking to myself, "I'm going to look like a dumbass walking out of wal mart with enough rice to fill a heavy bag...."

Comment

Are those weights at the bottom of the stand? How much do you actually put there to stop it from sliding? I have the same set at home, but everytime I punch or kick it hard, it slides...

Comment

You're supposed to put weights there. I put 50 on each side, and 100 on the back post.
                              "Emevas,

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X