The Backfist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Backfist

Ok the backfist.Something that I would not call a regular punch. Do you think it effective or not . How is it done in your style (if so).Post all yer comments. :binkybaby

Wrong forum.

Regardless, I watched two Kempo practitioners spar the other day. One completely floored the other with a spinning backfist to the jaw (stepping in diagonally). I then watched Hero's (Japanese MMA event) on TV a few days later, where one fighter landed the exact same backfist and ended the fight.

With speed, it seems pretty effective due to the surprise factor.
    It's only fun and games until somebody loses and eye. Then it's fun and games in two dimensions!

Comment

Wrong forum.

'Throwdown' is for planning throwdowns.

Comment

Faster than a "regular punch".

What you gain in speed is what you lose in power, as usual.
        "The day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the Supreme Being as His father, in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter." -Thomas Jefferson - (purposefully taken out of its context) Source.

Comment

I hate the backfist... I'm a power puncher, so I view the backfist as that little gnat that keeps buzzing at your face.

I prefer the hammerfist. It can be used similarly to the backfist, and you can generate a lot more power. The body mechanics are more aligned to how the triceps power is generated. You're also hitting on the meatier part of the fist, so you're less likely to hurt your fist.

The spinning backfist, on the other hand, I have lots of respect for :)

Comment

I broke someone's nose with a backfist once. I am T3H D3ADLY
            What am I?:

I am ignorant, thieving, lying, hypocrital, violent and thoroughly self obssessed. I steal from others to make myself look better, only to make the item or information worse.

I go on and on and ON about how brave and strong and brilliant and wealthy I am, but in the end I'm all mouth and no trousers.

That's right children, I'm your average AMERICUNT! and I exemplify AMERICA!:911flag:

:occasion1

JohnnyCache's "retort" proving how much he knows about medicine and geography and First World countries:
            http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...=78188&page=22

Yes, through persistent lack of work and the cultivation of ignorance, he is a true American.

Comment

Originally posted by Mouthfire
              I prefer the hammerfist. It can be used similarly to the backfist, and you can generate a lot more power. The body mechanics are more aligned to how the triceps power is generated. You're also hitting on the meatier part of the fist, so you're less likely to hurt your fist.
              Me too.

I especially like comboing hammerfists and uppercuts.
              “We are surrounded by warships and don’t have time to talk. Please pray for us.” — One Somali Pirate.

Comment

Originally posted by king of seals
                What you gain in speed is what you lose in power, as usual.
                This in itself makes no sense.

I also think that the standard backfist has some use in a way similar to the jab. Spinning backfists are risky, but they also have an established records of KOs.

Comment

Uh

Originally posted by Mouthfire
                  I hate the backfist... I'm a power puncher, so I view the backfist as that little gnat that keeps buzzing at your face.

The spinning backfist, on the other hand, I have lots of respect for :)

I too prefer power punching and rarely use the backfist (yes hammerfist is better to me) . I have lately become a fan of the backfist . A few months ago a black belt test was held for a guy (5'7 145 lb) who had to do semi-contact sparring before going into full-contact.Now during the fight he ,with amazing speed landed a backfist on the senior with little follow throu . Yet a deep cut of around an inch appeared under the eye where the strike touched and blood came gushing out as if he'd been cut with a knife.God I want to be able to do that.Anyone seen something like that before ???? :adora:

Comment

i have never used a back fist, and i don't plan on starting. they are fast, but not as fast as a jab. and there is no power behind them.

spinning back fists are powerful, and are always exciting to see in a mma match.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X